BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 23-24

Posted (edited)

It's probably difficult due to employment laws, but I really think some tax should be placed on player/manager transfers from newly promoted clubs and those already in the league. It's hard enough with the difference in revenues between leagues but if you lose your manager or key players, it can be a hammer blow. And, with the trend of the financial gap, it seems like it will almost become more frequent. 

It makes me wonder what Rovers fate would've been had Souness, Duff, Dunn or Jansen been poached after promotion. You never know what might've happened and there are sometimes surprise improvements after managers and players leave, but the morale would've taken a huge blow.

Edit: Although, in all likelihood, such a move would be an ineffectual sticking plaster on a structural problem. 

Edited by riverholmes

15 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s really shabby. Whoever his replacement is I’ll be amazed if he does any better. They have massive problems there, both on and off the pitch. 

Pretty sure someone can do better.

They've got lots of problems off the pitch, but he's spent an awful lot to basically be midtable. Not to mention the way he's mishandled the player management side of things and the way he consistently comes across as an ass in the press. Things you can do when you're winning, but not when you're struggling.

His race is very clearly run.

27 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Pretty sure someone can do better.

They've got lots of problems off the pitch, but he's spent an awful lot to basically be midtable. Not to mention the way he's mishandled the player management side of things and the way he consistently comes across as an ass in the press. Things you can do when you're winning, but not when you're struggling.

His race is very clearly run.

Whoever the “ someone “ is it sounds like they’re going to get the chance. The changes behind the scenes will go one of two ways, Ratcliffe will either sort the job out or alienate everybody trying to sort it out. It’s a hard one to call. Ratcliffe isn’t used to failure but Utd are in a real mess.

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Whoever the “ someone “ is it sounds like they’re going to get the chance. The changes behind the scenes will go one of two ways, Ratcliffe will either sort the job out or alienate everybody trying to sort it out. It’s a hard one to call. Ratcliffe isn’t used to failure but Utd are in a real mess.

Is Ipswich manager McKenna replacing Ten Hag? 

what I was reading yesterday

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

looking at both line ups,i  know it does`nt always work out that  way but this  city side should absolutely walk the final,the gap in quality is a chasm,though it should`nt be,utd have bought badly in the last few years,fernandez apart

They’ve bought some really expensive shite over the last few years. You can hardly name a success story.

I'll try to say this delicately as I don't want it to be perceived as criticism of Wharton himself, but maybe a timely reminder of just how much young talent there is in the Premier League. 

21 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Ratcliffe, a minority shareholder will little actual power to direct the long term future of the club, has been taken on by the Septics to pay for ground upkeep, ground improvements and contribute towards player purchases.

He will get rolled but he probably knew that when he decided to get involved but like any fan with enough cash he believes he can change the real owners and make improvements to team performance as measured by European qualification and trophies.

For Glazier's sake I hope they all fail.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Ratcliffe, a minority shareholder will little actual power to direct the long term future of the club, has been taken on by the Septics to pay for ground upkeep, ground improvements and contribute towards player purchases.

He will get rolled but he probably knew that when he decided to get involved but like any fan with enough cash he believes he can change the real owners and make improvements to team performance as measured by European qualification and trophies.

For Glazier's sake I hope they all fail.

It’s a misconception to think that Ratcliffe spends his own money, he always uses money from investors that he encourages. Don’t forget one of his first statements on taking over was that he wanted to make OT the Wembley of the North and therefore the Government should help to fund it. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

If the Glazers had been doing what Ratcliffe has been doing the last few weeks, United fans would be booting off….

Ratcliffe has an agreement to run the football side of the club. That's why he has sacked several key members of staff and brought in Berreda, Wilcox and Ashworth(shortly to happen) plus looking like a new head coach