BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sondre Tronstad

About to turn 28?

Rovers fitting him out for a zimmer frame in this squad?

Nice posting by GB on LinkedIn!

Sets up intense competition in midfield which is great. As a regular in a top end Eredivisie side including European experience, he has got to be better than average at Championship level.

Looking forward to seeing him playing at Rovers and winning regular starts for Norway. 

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

The Eredivisie is often quite intense and to be honest downright bloody dirty particularly in midfield. To have played for Vitesse, it suggests he definitely has something about him and pretty sure he won't shy away from a tackle. A slight shift away from the nicey nice boy attitude instilled by Mowbray maybe? If so I'm all for it!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

In fairness Chaddy probably identified him as a possible target in January 2018 at about half past 5 👍

No idea on this player. Never heard of him. I like Rovers approach under GB and JDT findings these gems. Most won't know him or anything about him. Looking forward to seeing him at Accy first game of pre season 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No idea on this player. Never heard of him. I like Rovers approach under GB and JDT findings these gems. Most won't know him or anything about him. Looking forward to seeing him at Accy first game of pre season 

You likely wont, he has extended leave.

14 hours ago, philipl said:

Some gems in that list

Yes, genuine gems which I hope is a portent of exciting times ahead for the lad at Rovers

7 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Yes, genuine gems which I hope is a portent of exciting times ahead for the lad at Rovers

A bit of shite too, mind. Andresen (I don't even remember him so I can only assume he wasn't up to snuff), Ostenstad, Samuelsen, Tore Pedersen, all dossers. King (during his time with us, though personally I liked him) and Bohinen (again, didn't mind him) would probably split opinion a bit.

Gamst, Berg, Bjornebye, undoubtedly great signings for us. We should have made a lot more of King and he went on to have a very good career. It's probably a bit of an even split all considered, with Tromstad of course still to be decided.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bluebruce said:

A bit of shite too, mind. Andresen (I don't even remember him so I can only assume he wasn't up to snuff), Ostenstad, Samuelsen, Tore Pedersen, all dossers. King (during his time with us, though personally I liked him) and Bohinen (again, didn't mind him) would probably split opinion a bit.

Gamst, Berg, Bjornebye, undoubtedly great signings for us. We should have made a lot more of King and he went on to have a very good career. It's probably a bit of an even split all considered, with Tromstad of course still to be decided.

Andresen was a tidy 6/10 player. He got involved and kept play nice and simple. He helped keep us up along with John Stead. I hope this new Norwegian lad is as good. Bohinen could be  a world beater on his day. I remember him running Forest ragged in that 7-0 thrashing and him scoring a truly brilliant goal at OT.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4