BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Women's World Cup 2023

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Watching this Spanish team it's a shame diving has crept into the game - the honesty was one of the few charms it had as a spectator sport.

Few charms?

It’s more watchable than a lot the dross in the Premier League and Championship 

• Backroom

Is it really a "clear and obvious error" though ? This is where I disagree with VAR usage. If it needs the level of discussion that was had for this penalty, it isn't clear and obvious, and VAR shouldn't be flagging it. 

Great save for the pen. Our attackers need to raise their game for the last 20 minutes, they haven't been at it today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

If that was the other way round we'd be outraged if that wasn't given 

I really wouldn't. Point blank range, no time to react, natural movement of the arm. One of the worst penalty calls I've seen this year.

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Her arm is out and when the girl knocks it past her she leans into it with her arm. It's a penalty.

Keeper is off the line as well when she saves it.

Huge let off. Let's hope it's the turning point.

Total horseshit, arms swing out when you change direction of motion. All happens in a split second too. There's no intent. But I'm not gonna keep arguing it, to each their own.

I don't remember the last time I saw a keeper stay on their line for a penalty, or where no attackers ran into the area before it was taken for that matter.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Never a penalty. Has to swing her arm out to change momentum.

Yep - VAR is so poorly implemented, it's so black and white with no room for context.

So on that note, c'mon then VAR, their player has just kneed our lass in the head. Red card please.