BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (H) - 19/08/2023

23 minutes ago, M_B said:

Pears got blamed by some for not doing better for the two goals at Rotherham as well as yesterday. 

All I can say is, Wahlstetd has been set a ridiculously high bar if/when he gets his chance. I hope he's good enough to keep the likes of those efforts out,as he's supposedly accomplished with his feet as well, we'll have a £50 million keeper on our hands. 

In terms of his overall  keeping ability, he's about the same as Walton but better with his feet.  He's not a keeper you have much faith in though. 

New keeper wouldn't have to be a worldy to be an upgrade.

• Like 3

Dolan understandably looked dejected as he came off yesterday. He kind of side stepped a hug from JDT but the whole ground knew he would be coming off once Pickering was given a red. Probably a star in training, hence he was in team, but he's too weak with no weight, too predictable & lacks skill for this level. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Dolan understandably looked dejected as he came off yesterday. He kind of side stepped a hug from JDT but the whole ground knew he would be coming off once Pickering was given a red. Probably a star in training, hence he was in team, but he's too weak with no weight, too predictable & lacks skill for this level. 

He will shine more in a number 10 role - he most definitely isn’t a winger.

21 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

I thought he may have done a job up front with 10 men, he is good at closing down and harrying the back four

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

At the moment Dolans main skill seems to be , hiding out on the wing, facing our goal.

33 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

There's a video on twitter from the Hull end, Pears is being ridiculed as a result, its pretty grim.

Screenshot_20230820_100401_X.thumb.jpg.2dcab5e4ebb82877d76cd48b31c90be3.jpg

So is it now time for a change of keeper ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Gally was playing with an injury for a while last season, doing the hard yards for the side until he was forced to sit things out and recover. 

He was very good yesterday, scored, we can’t ask for more than that from him.

Pity we couldn’t hang on, we draw a line under that game and move on.

Onwards and upwards. 

The Maggott says NO!

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

In terms of his overall  keeping ability, he's about the same as Walton but better with his feet.  He's not a keeper you have much faith in though. 

New keeper wouldn't have to be a worldy to be an upgrade.

That's a fair assessment, I'm not supporting Pears or otherwise, just highlighting his  ridiculous examination over the last 2 games. 

Hopefully the magnifying glasses will be put back in the drawer as and when Wahlstedt gets his chance,otherwise he's destined to fail. 

6 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Where the fuck is he off to? It certainly isn't anywhere near wheee there's a football game going on. 

Jesus wept.

I'm already looking forward to Leo's debut.

I didn't realise quite how bad it was till I saw that angle.

I reckon he'll wait till the Harrogate game to give Leo his debut, ease him in and all that.

9 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Where the fuck is he off to? It certainly isn't anywhere near wheee there's a football game going on. 

Jesus wept.

I'm already looking forward to Leo's debut.

I suppose you could say; At least Pears knew which side the forward would shoot. Back to reality he could have taken his bearings from the penalty spot. Nobody is saying it would not have ended in the same result, but Pears made it so much more easier for the scorer.

11 minutes ago, M_B said:

That's a fair assessment, I'm not supporting Pears or otherwise, just highlighting his  ridiculous examination over the last 2 games. 

Hopefully the magnifying glasses will be put back in the drawer as and when Wahlstedt gets his chance,otherwise he's destined to fail. 

He will do if he's chucked in before he's ready.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rigger said:

He did a good job, for a center forward, playing at left back. But why ?

He wasn't playing left back but tracking their right back Coyle back as he should be doing with tracking his player back. Don't forget we had 10 men for over 80 minutes. 

What difference would you have done that JDT didn't? 

12 hours ago, rigger said:

But Brittain moved inside almost like another center-half to accomadate Gally playing where he was. At no time was Gally a physical presence infront of Brittain.

Brittain kept coming into cos their right back is all left footed so Brittain is right back and can do that. 

11 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Seriously, fucking look at that!

IMG_1153.png

Its great showing that but doesn't showed the full action of that moment as you see why he is actually so far to start with. 

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its great showing that but doesn't showed the full action of that moment as you see why he is actually so far to start with. 

No, I’m a keeper every weekend and that is inexcusable.

From his original position he should have either attacked the ball himself (brave, bordering on stupid), or positioned himself centrally.

He did nothing and froze for a single second, and ended up about 2 yards left of where he should be.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

No, I’m a keeper every weekend and that is inexcusable.

From his original position he should have either attacked the ball himself (brave, bordering on stupid), or positioned himself centrally.

He did nothing and froze for a single second, and ended up about 2 yards left of where he should be.

Yes Mike, The first goal is poor defending by JRC and the second goal is poor defending from a very simple long ball that. Pears did the right thing by staying back as Carter was trying to catch him. Pears might have been yard too left but showing stills like that doesn't show the full incident in the proper context. 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes Mike, The first goal is poor defending by JRC and the second goal is poor defending from a very simple long ball that. Pears did the right thing by staying back as Carter was trying to catch him. Pears might have been yard too left but showing stills like that doesn't show the full incident in the proper context. 

It shows his positioning perfectly well, and anyone who wants to watch the goal again can do. There’s no excuse for him to be stood there at that moment.

Contrast with Mary Earps who has just now pulled off a save that Buffon would be proud of.

Edited by Mike E