BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (a) - 2/9/23

Shit day.

Hedges reverting to type being absolutely useless in the opposition box.

Gallagher reverting to type being the most fragile 6’4 athlete in the world.

Travis reverting to type being a headless chicken with a horrible touch.

Pears reverting to type being a hopeless goalkeeper.

Average Pickering and decent Szmodics have poor games and Hyam gets injured. Adam Wharton is not lazy, he had an off day but was surrounded by rubbish performers.

Why leave it til the game is over to make the last subs? Get Ben Benson away from set pieces, is Pedersen still looking for work?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Those saying A Wharton worth £15m. Never seen a player walking around with such a disappointed posture....

A joke... Wake up.

His languid style does him no favours when he's playing poorly.

I'm not sure who frustrates me more, Hedges or Dolan. Hedges easily won that duel today. Pretty, pretty, tippy, happy, fuck all.

• Like 1

Everyone take a breath. Last Sunday we put in a really gritty, excellent away performance vs Watford. Sounds like we could and should have been 2 up today before an extremely unlucky deflected goal.  Missed some great chances and the game got away from us in the end.

It happens... and it happened last season. 

The next two weeks is crucial for our season with a big game against a really struggling Boro. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, neophox said:

Those saying A Wharton worth £15m. Never seen a player walking around with such a disappointed posture....

A joke... Wake up.

Honestly quite surprised with how bad he looks, worse than last season.

My thought is it has all gone to his head, he plays like billy big cheese, no desire no energy. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jimmy612 said:

Everyone take a breath. Last Sunday we put in a really gritty, excellent away performance vs Watford. Sounds like we could and should have been 2 up today before an extremely unlucky deflected goal.  Missed some great chances and the game got away from us in the end.

The next two weeks is crucial for our season with a big game against a really struggling Boro. 

Interesting to see in which dugout JDT will be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neophox said:

JDT hasn't been backed.. don't blame him if he leaves. Middlesbrough will soon sack their manager and will turn to Tomasson.

I think JDT has done well, but what makes you think he's so in demand? He took us to 7th, a slight improvement on 8th the season before. Yes we lost players, but that's happened before. As well as some very high profile thumpings on the tele - see Burnley/PNE.

He has a good track record before us and I'm confident he will be a top manager, but Boro need someone who will hit the ground running and I'll be shocked if they go for JDT. That being said, I might be wrong - but sincerely hope he stays. 

As for not being backed - I am inclined to agree, but we did bring a fair few in. It looks worse at the moment as half of them are injured.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Shit day.

Hedges reverting to type being absolutely useless in the opposition box.

Gallagher reverting to type being the most fragile 6’4 athlete in the world.

Travis reverting to type being a headless chicken with a horrible touch.

Pears reverting to type being a hopeless goalkeeper.

Average Pickering and decent Szmodics have poor games and Hyam gets injured. Adam Wharton is not lazy, he had an off day but was surrounded by rubbish performers.

Why leave it til the game is over to make the last subs? Get Ben Benson away from set pieces, is Pedersen still looking for work?

Yeah, but apart from that..... 

Just now, Jimmy612 said:

Exactly. I know emotions run high during and just after a game, and rightly so.

But let's get a grip, a two week break now, hopefully seeing some behind closed doors games to get the likes of the new lad up front, Sigurdsson and Ennis up to speed and JRC back 

Things aren't as bad as they seem right now after that.

• Like 4

• Backroom
Just now, Jimmy612 said:

I don't know if I've missed it already, but I'm interested to hear his thoughts on the window in the end. He got a striker.... Was it one he wanted? 

Technically he got two, one is just seemingly only able to be match fit once per month. 

4 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Honestly quite surprised with how bad he looks, worse than last season.

My thought is it has all gone to his head, he plays like billy big cheese, no desire no energy. 

What a load of rubbish. He isn’t tasked with charging around the pitch like a lunatic, his job is to sit deep, pick the ball up off the centre backs and play the ball. The players in front of him were dire today.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, M_B said:

It's not as bad as  his howler last night

If you say so mate. Those two Pears cost us today worse than anything Kaminski did last night. 
We’re sticking with the wrong man - every stat said that last season when they played similar matches for us (Kaminski with a worse defence in front of him too), and it cost us a playoff place in the end, which I hold against JDT 

• Like 1