BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

James Hill

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23760103.blackburn-rovers-sign-james-hill-loan-bournemouth/

He's signed. Think he will be part of the first team this season?

Not the experience we need but looks good..

Apparently he's a Bristol lad!

The 21-year-old made his Premier League debut against West Ham in the opening weekend of the season, coming on as a second-half substitute.

Looks like they rate him enough to give him his PL debut..

"We are really pleased that Bournemouth recognise that our brand of football and training environment were the perfect fit for James to play his football this season.”

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo

Found out about the signing completed here and not on the transfer thread!

Glad we have 4 central defenders who have played senior games.

Sacrilege but Hill being available as a sub is almost certainly a better option in the coming weeks than Ash would have been.

Having seen Aitcheson, we have a new Phillips at least in precocious physique!

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

Nice to see he looks ecstatic to be here in his interview - bit of a rarity these days! Being in Lancashire for a good while has probably whet his appetite for a return. 

Shame there's no option in there, but if he does well then who knows. Good luck to him.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Apparently he's a Bristol lad!

Born there, raised a Lancashire lad, his Dad is Matt Hill ex Nobbers legend, journeyman and non league manager.

Had James in one of my squads a few years ago, great lad and a fantastic player......county captain.  Great move for all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Born there, raised a Lancashire lad, his Dad is Matt Hill ex Nobbers legend, journeyman and non league manager.

Had James in one of my squads a few years ago, great lad and a fantastic player......county captain.  Great move for all.

He looks fairly quick and determined in the tackle. Is he a possible stand in right back ? I mean a serious right back, not a centre half playing out there who gets turned inside out by a pacey winger.

"It is similar to what Bournemouth are trying to implement at the moment – a fast style of play, wanting to build up with the ball and the way we press is very similar as well,” he continued.

“We want to win the ball back high up the pitch and don’t mind one-v-one battles towards the back end of the pitch."

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23771816.bournemouth-prospect-james-hill-blackburn-rovers-loan/

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

"It is similar to what Bournemouth are trying to implement at the moment – a fast style of play, wanting to build up with the ball and the way we press is very similar as well,” he continued.

“We want to win the ball back high up the pitch and don’t mind one-v-one battles towards the back end of the pitch."

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23771816.bournemouth-prospect-james-hill-blackburn-rovers-loan/

Have they told Pickering about winning the one v one battles at the back end of the pitch ?

• Like 2

On 01/09/2023 at 13:15, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He looks fairly quick and determined in the tackle. Is he a possible stand in right back ? I mean a serious right back, not a centre half playing out there who gets turned inside out by a pacey winger.

As far as I can see, he's never played full back. So I expect if there's an injury crisis, it's more likely he plays CB whilst Carter goes to RB.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Hahaha. I love to see these kind of interviews. You get to hear what the players have been "told" to convince them to join. 

For what it's worth seems a pretty accurate articulation of how we play. We put a lot of players forward when we attack -  6,7,8 in and around the box at a time - and if we turn the ball over and get countered we expect the 2,3,4 players left behind to handle it on their own until we get back into shape. 

What's interesting about it is you would expect us to concede a lot on the counter, but - Plymouth excepting - we've not been too bad this season and last. We'd get absolutely murdered in the Premier League but in the Championship the quality isn't there to really punish us on the break I think.

My one question mark on JDT when he eventually gets a crack at the big time - here or elsewhere - is when he is playing against higher quality can he adapt? Kompany is currently getting torn a new one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

What's interesting about it is you would expect us to concede a lot on the counter, but - Plymouth excepting - we've not been too bad this season and last. We'd get absolutely murdered in the Premier League but in the Championship the quality isn't there to really punish us on the break I think.

My one question mark on JDT when he eventually gets a crack at the big time - here or elsewhere - is when he is playing against higher quality can he adapt? Kompany is currently getting torn a new one.

if the miracle happens and we do get promoted,pretty sure we`de get some better players,jdt is an intelligent man,confident he would adapt

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if the miracle happens and we do get promoted,pretty sure we`de get some better players,jdt is an intelligent man,confident he would adapt

Not sure tbh, its a big jump to go from a very offensive style to a defensive one. I cant think of many who have done it successfully. Most teams that do well after promotion are solid defensively.

But anyway if we even get the chance to try Ill be very happy.

• 1 month later...

He had a good game, looks strong, quick, versatile, and is quite a unit. Arguably it's allowed us to push JRC forwards so he can be more effective offensively, as proven yesterday. 

As for his long throw, just because you can doesn't mean you should... it's quite slow & loopy as opposed to fast & flat (which defenders really hate), but at least it's another tool in the armoury if push comes to shove!!

6 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

He had a good game, looks strong, quick, versatile, and is quite a unit. Arguably it's allowed us to push JRC forwards so he can be more effective offensively, as proven yesterday. 

As for his long throw, just because you can doesn't mean you should... it's quite slow & loopy as opposed to fast & flat (which defenders really hate), but at least it's another tool in the armoury if push comes to shove!!

I'll tell you the type of throw-in that defenders love, short ones that apply no pressure on the defence. It's good to have the ability to mix it up a little. Also from a defensive situation, a long throw down the line which makes defenders turn or knock the ball out could be advantageous

• Like 5

I thought he was just a CB, but having done a bit of research today, he's just as comfortable at RB - as we've seen, I guess.

No coincidence that we've conceded 1 goal in 3 games since he and Wahlstedt have come into the team.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 2