BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

3 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

I spoke about that game as it is specifically called out regularly about match fixing. 

I do keep an open mind and I believe there was serious shady things going on but I believe it was to do with agents fees player contracts and the manager.

If I was looking to start making money from illegal betting I would not start with an investment of 50mil in a club. I'd just be gobbling one or two referees which would give you way more control for a lot less cash.

There are some serious doubts about who put that money up too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

They barely communicate with anyone outside Pune Towers....people wonder where the rumours and speculation arises from?

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.

Behind bars tomorrow.. Post should be sponsored by carlsberg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Anyone remember the Bonuses for Relegation?😵

I think that did turn out to be not entirely true but there was still a lot of dodgy things happening around that time.

Still, it was all the fans fault of course.

I'll try and find that article about the double relegation.

Sadly they ain't on trial for crimes against an English football institution nor money laundering it's just a box ticking exercise, yes you can release funds/no you can't release funds we need more information, case adjourned !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Sadly they ain't on trial for crimes against an English football institution nor money laundering it's just a box ticking exercise, yes you can release funds/no you can't release funds we need more information, case adjourned !

Yes, the investigation is separate to this court appointment.

Hopefully they deny them sending funds and the president is set and they are denied in future.

• Like 1

I'm still at a loss as to why they need permission to send funds from India tomorrow when at least a portion of the Adam Wharton cash will have been received in the last few weeks.

Any ideas?

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm still at a loss as to why they need permission to send funds from India tomorrow when at least a portion of the Adam Wharton cash will have been received in the last few weeks.

Any ideas?

If you look at the October-December details last time, you'd imagine Jan-March is similar, so a fair chunk of the Wharton cash would be swallowed up. Those agent fees are enough to knock you sick. 

Screenshot_20240311_205844_Drive.jpg

56 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Any ideas?

All earmarked for future transfers?? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Not sure what folk are expecting to happen.

Funding will be approved, and we'll limp on like this forever.

How can you possibly know that it will be approved?

The fact it has to go in front of a court in India surely makes it uncertain by definition.

Certainly a non zero chance it gets rejected on the basis the club has received funds in respect of the Adam Wharton deal...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Anyone have any idea on the timing of it all? As in, will we know by dinner time, evening, tomorrow etc.

I presume LT will post something. Also rovers will have to announce something on the website too

55 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Not sure what folk are expecting to happen.

Funding will be approved, and we'll limp on like this forever.

I am interested as to the level of funding - enough to cover losses including or excluding Wharton fee - i.e. will we have a transfer fund this summer or will it be swallowed up to pay ongoing losses.

11 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I am interested as to the level of funding - enough to cover losses including or excluding Wharton fee - i.e. will we have a transfer fund this summer or will it be swallowed up to pay ongoing losses.

You would have thought that as any request to the Court for funding is to keep the lights on only and is not intended to be earmarked for funding transfers, then any amount authorised would be reduced by the amount of the first installment received for Adam Wharton.

On the other hand you'd sort of hope any monies to be received for Raya in summer might be able to be put towards transfers.

Remains to be seen I suppose.

• Like 1

So it’s around 4.30pm in Pune at the time of writing - if the case hasn’t been heard yet, you’d expect it to happen within the next hour or so.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You would have thought that as any request to the Court for funding is to keep the lights on only and is not intended to be earmarked for funding transfers, then any amount authorised would be reduced by the amount of the first installment received for Adam Wharton.

On the other hand you'd sort of hope any monies to be received for Raya in summer might be able to be put towards transfers.

Remains to be seen I suppose.

Wonder why arsenal didn't just buy Raya outright? Why a loan? 

430pm India time.. should be hearing soon.. anything on twitter?