BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gregg Broughton

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Sad to see Gregg the Egg go, mainly as he was one person who sounded like he had a plan.

Broughton's only plan seemed to be selling anyone who turned out to be decent or was potentially decent for a shit price.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Never ceases to amaze me how you always stand up for Waggott.

For all their faults, (and for the avoidance of doubt they need to go) the owners pay Waggott a fortune to run the Club so they don't have to micromanage every decision themselves from India.

No matter what the prevailing conditions or finance or lack thereof are, we'd do better with a decent CEO in situ than Waggott.

I think I call him incompetent, a symptom of our problems and repeatedly call for his head, if that is standing up for him then what would I say if I didn't stand up for him?

You are suggesting that Venkys paying Waggott to "micromanage" us as if they deserve credit for it. Like theyve done their bit. Not that anyone is given any power to fully micromanage when big decisions need approval and are often declined and/or take ages to get a response.

Hes clearly carrying out what they want him to do without complaining. Hes ambitionless and happy to stay in a role he wouldnt match elsewhere, so he happily goes along with their desires to slash budgets.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Broughton's only plan seemed to be selling anyone who turned out to be decent or was potentially decent for a shit price.

Why would he want to do that? Do you think it was idea to have no money to spend and having to sell players without reinvesting?

Or more likely, its the owners as has been widely reported and was heightened due to the issues they caused buying Nevilles house leading to a court case.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You implied months ago that he was on gardening leave (when he clearly wasn't) and refused to answer multiple times to clarify your assertion that he was on gardening leave back then. Not sure you can go down the ITK angle.

I'll send you a good book 'How to draw shapes with dots - Step by Step guide for kids and toddlers'!

If you think you know something then it has to be 'couched' carefully.  I'll say no more. 

Edited by Mercer

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I think I call him incompetent, a symptom of our problems and repeatedly call for his head, if that is standing up for him then what would I say if I didn't stand up for him?

You are suggesting that Venkys paying Waggott to "micromanage" us as if they deserve credit for it. Like theyve done their bit. Not that anyone is given any power to fully micromanage when big decisions need approval and are often declined and/or take ages to get a response.

Hes clearly carrying out what they want him to do without complaining. Hes ambitionless and happy to stay in a role he wouldnt match elsewhere, so he happily goes along with their desires to slash budgets.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that Venky's deserve credit for employing Waggott and well you know it. As usual you're reading what I write and posting the opposite inference from the obvious one. Waggott's a blight on the Club and the fact that he's still here is on their heads.

Nevertheless Waggott will presumably be working to a budget agreed before the start of every season. It will only be items over and above that budget he'll need consent for and he will have a degree of autonomy within the agreed budget.

We'd do better with a decent CEO than with Waggott irrespective of budget.

And yes once again the owners need to go for the benefit of Upside Down who seems to be having difficulty reading.

I know there will be loads of arse covering and history re-writing going on over the next few months but I'd like to know who decided to employ Broughton.

If it is true that they have now concluded that he wasn't up to it, and are holding him responsible for the last couple of January fiascos, then who decided to give him the job?

If Waggott then why is there a power struggle when he sanctioned the appointment? Or are we back into the good old days of persons unknown parachuting people into the club with remits and powers at odds with those already there and a power struggle ensues?

Think this must be the 4th or 5th time we've apparently had a similar 'power struggle' imposed on us by these owners.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I'll send you a good book 'How to draw shapes with dots - Step by Step guide for kids and toddlers'!

If you think you know something then it has to be 'couched' carefully.  I'll say no more. 

Amidst all the cryptic nonsense, you said it in that way (it wasnt true) to cover all bases, knowing that if you said it then you could be called up on it if/when it turned out not to be true.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm not suggesting for one minute that Venky's deserve credit for employing Waggott and well you know it. As usual you're reading what I write and posting the opposite inference from the obvious one. Waggott's a blight on the Club and the fact that he's still here is on their heads.

Nevertheless Waggott will presumably be working to a budget agreed before the start of every season. It will only be items over and above that budget he'll need consent for and he will have a degree of autonomy within the agreed budget.

We'd do better with a decent CEO than with Waggott irrespective of budget.

And yes once again the owners need to go for the benefit of Upside Down who seems to be having difficulty reading.

We would obviously do better with a proper CEO, 100%. Waggott is undoubtedly well out of his depth. But like any CEO, Director of football, manager or whatever, any change is somewhat insignificant in comparison to the owners.

The people who are let go tend to be ones who challenge the owners and their running down of the club in any way.

If we had a better CEO, we would almost certainly increase income for example. But that increase would pale into insignificance when the owners regularly sell owners and the money just vanishes. See Wharton, Armstrong, Rhodes, Cairney and Gestede as examples. A more proactive and competent CEO might bring in 500k more, a million more, even 2 million more. But it pales into insignificance.

His job is safe until he personally decides otherwise because he doesnt kick up a fuss, he knows this job is the best he will get and he will pander to what the owners want.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

See the guy who yet again doesn't read what I post properly as it doesn't suit his agenda.

What shyte are you spouting now?

We all know Waggot is an absolute parasite.

Who employs him?

Who pays his wages?

He is a symptom of the festering cancerous tumor that has sucked the life out of the club for the last 14 years.

I have no agenda, I just call things as I see them. It is clearly you that has the agenda as you constantly lay the blame anywhere and everywhere but the root cause of the problem.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, JHRover said:

And where did Glen get his account from? 

You can sack an employee for gross misconduct immediately. You don't have to wait 4 months.

As someone who's sacked a fair few in my time, that's not strictly true and entirely dependent on the policies in place. Its normal for an investigation to take place in many circumstances and what follows next would typically be a case to answer meeting, which means the investigation has taken place and there's clear evidence of wrongdoing. The accused is given a chance to present their argument and a decision then made, usually from the highest level, especially for someone in a position like Silvester. He wasn't a minimum wage warehouse worker who'd called his boss a cunt 🤣

That all being said, I'd be surprised if our club has a watertight HR policy, but you never know.

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If we're sacking people for making mistakes, how is Waggott possibly still here?

because he aint making mistakes.... he does everything the parasites tell him to do.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Blue n White Rover said:

So the club secretary did nothing wrong in your opinion?

It’s been in the papers long enough to know the geezer didn’t press send. How you turn that into a conspiracy theory is bonkers.

another believing every bit of venkygander.

once... yup human error

twice ... wtf

three ....hahaha yeah right parasites

• Like 2

8 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Sad to see Gregg the Egg go, mainly as he was one person who sounded like he had a plan.

why cant people see the great plan from india is from there and nowhere else..

everyone is puppet and taking blood money from our rotting carcass

#VENKYSOUT #PASHAOUT #MAGGOTOUT #ALLPARASITESOUT

• Like 3

Only in Rovers world could some think for one min a reasonably popular player, who was only here 5 mins,  has zero experience of anything related to being a DoF is a better bet than the one leaving.

Come on guys this is classic Venky/Waggot window dressing on the cheaper.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Definitely not incompetent.

He knows what he's doing, selling training ground, trying to cover himself from the firing line with GB.

• Like 1

For me this pretty much boils down to who has the ear of the owners and who has a hotline to them. I doubt whether Tomasson, Silvester or Broughton ever had any direct contact with the owners but Waggott and Suhail do - frequently. There is a lot of ruthless self preservation going on here and it reminds me of the days of Kean, Agnew and Anderson when the owners wouldn't listen to anyone else and the turmoil that followed was inevitable. The full should have started at the very too like any normal business - ask yourself why it wasn't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

As someone who's sacked a fair few in my time, that's not strictly true and entirely dependent on the policies in place. Its normal for an investigation to take place in many circumstances and what follows next would typically be a case to answer meeting, which means the investigation has taken place and there's clear evidence of wrongdoing. The accused is given a chance to present their argument and a decision then made, usually from the highest level, especially for someone in a position like Silvester. He wasn't a minimum wage warehouse worker who'd called his boss a cunt 🤣

That all being said, I'd be surprised if our club has a watertight HR policy, but you never know.

As I said, depends on the policy in place and seriousness of the offence.

35 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Definitely not incompetent.

He knows what he's doing, selling training ground, trying to cover himself from the firing line with GB.

This idea that hiring GB was some sort of ploy to protect him seems a little far fetched, protect him from what? How does it protect him? And it certainly hasnt worked.

I suspect either Broughton is being sacked due to a poor transfer record or much more likely amidst all these cut backs and having grown sick of Venkys hes had enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

This idea that hiring GB was some sort of ploy to protect him seems a little far fetched, protect him from what? How does it protect him? And it certainly hasnt worked.

I suspect either Broughton is being sacked due to a poor transfer record or much more likely amidst all these cut backs and having grown sick of Venkys hes had enough.

It definitely has. 

Everyone thinks everything was GBs fault and SW looks clean as a whistle.

In reality it's probably all SW.

• Like 1