BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gregg Broughton

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

or he is coming in cos he is happy with Eustace has head coach. 

Bigger questions are, we will spend this summer and what's the budget going forward? Is Eustace with that? 

That BBC article suggest Eustace isn't with that, and let's be honest, even if he doesn't like it the owners will make him see out next season anyway. 

I honestly don't understand the end goal of any of this. What do Venky's possibly get out of this arrangement? 

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

If someone else is appointed to the role then we could do a lot worse than look at Gary Bowyer (if he be interested in that sort of role). I never rated him as a coach but he undoubtedly had a good eye when it came to recruiting players on a modest budget, he also knows what he will be working with in terms of the circus that is the ownership and he knows our academy well.

You mean Gary Bowyer's dad, right?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That doesn’t read well. More disagreements in the camp.

Probably been told the budget for the summer after selling circa £30m of players and thought "Fuck that".

Gregg departing won't come as a surprise to anyone really. Nobody stays behind scenes for long apart from the small circle of 'untouchables' who do nothing to benefit club. 

• Like 6

Yeah, this has nothing to do with Waggott’s boardroom chicanery. I cannot tell you how untalented you have to be to run a company with up to £20m in annnual funding and still get your arse handed to you, over and over again. The man hasn’t achieved anything of note since his days at Charlton, as community trust CEO (or similar). A nothing person, entirely proven by his record here. He’s achieved nothing.

If I had to guess from what’s been banded about and written in more reputable journals; the summer budget has finally been set by Venky’s at “the square root of fuck all and we expect a please and thanks,” while GB has correctly decided to “fuck this for a game of soldiers.”

Why would he catch more heat for having nothing to spend while selling our best players?

Our previous “problem” manager now manages the national team ranked 28 in the world. Broughton won’t struggle to find similar employment. You have to wonder why they have/will move on positively and we’re left in the shit. Some would do well to wake up to what’s going on.

• Like 5

Broughton was sacked. Mutual consent is a load of nonsense. 

His transfer failings were ultimately evident and club decision to dismiss him. Now running to his good mate (Nick Mashiter - it’s a real name!!) to say it was mutual consent and creating unrest in the fan base, similar to the JDT trick.

He will be replaced and told there are a few on the shortlist. This has been long time coming but waiting for season to end.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 5

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Probably been told the budget for the summer after selling circa £30m of players and thought "Fuck that".

The part where it suggests that Euastace is aligned with Broughton's plans for the summer certainly suggests we are looking at a worse budget than last summer.

They will pocket the Szmodic money too

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

That BBC article suggest Eustace isn't with that, and let's be honest, even if he doesn't like it the owners will make him see out next season anyway. 

I honestly don't understand the end goal of any of this. What do Venky's possibly get out of this arrangement? 

I know what the BBC article but its a number of various factors which we don't know about. 

I hope we back Eustace this summer with quality signings who come push us up the league next season

1 minute ago, Blue n White Rover said:

His transfer failings were ultimately evident and club decision to dismiss him. Now running to his good mate (Nick Mashiter - it’s a real name!!) to say it was mutual consent and creating unrest in the fan base, similar to the JDT trick.

He will be replaced and told there are a few on the shortlist. This has been long time coming but waiting for season to end.

any names you can share with us? 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bigger questions are, we will spend this summer and what's the budget going forward? Is Eustace with that? 

The biggest question is when and how do we get these repulsive owners and their stooges out of Blackburn Rovers. Because until or unless they do this club will continue to wither and decay.

Nothing else really matters, of course some spending in the interim might help stave off League One for a few more years, as might some shrewd signings and management, but they'll find a way, eventually, to undermine that through further budget cuts and appalling decision making.

The next question is if they are appointing a new D of F to replace Broughton is there any point? If Broughton is leaving because there's no money and his job was made impossible then what's the point in getting a new one?

If we're getting rid of Broughton because he wasn't up to the job, too inexperienced or not well connected enough then why are we apparently considering appointing a total rookie to the role instead?

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, islander200 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cpwg72jx9j5o 

BBC suggesting it's Broughton wanting to leave 

Broughton staying Broughton going it makes no difference the club is fucked with these clowns as owners

That one sounds like a friendly reporter friend of the egg, putting a positive spin on things.

4 minutes ago, Blue n White Rover said:

So our transfer failings all Broughton's fault (or was it Silvester, I'm getting mixed up as I thought it was his fault) but either way definitely absolutely never anything at all to do with Venkys, Sheikh or Waggott, the 3 highest positioned entities at the club?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The biggest question is when and how do we get these repulsive owners and their stooges out of Blackburn Rovers. Because until or unless they do this club will continue to wither and decay.

Nothing else really matters, of course some spending in the interim might help stave off League One for a few more years, as might some shrewd signings and management, but they'll find a way, eventually, to undermine that through further budget cuts and appalling decision making.

The next question is if they are appointing a new D of F to replace Broughton is there any point? If Broughton is leaving because there's no money and his job was made impossible then what's the point in getting a new one?

If we're getting rid of Broughton because he wasn't up to the job, too inexperienced or not well connected enough then why are we apparently considering appointing a total rookie to the role instead?

Won’t be a rookie to the job. Will be experienced. Money is available to spend so that is utter nonsense in the BBC story. 

Gregg was the one who was pals with JDT BEFORE his appointment and recommended him to the club. The Apple never falls too far from the tree…

Chaddy - can’t name names yet but impressed with the shortlist. 

• Like 1

So our transfer failings all Broughton's fault (or was it Silvester, I'm getting mixed up as I thought it was his fault) but either way definitely absolutely never anything at all to do with Venkys, Sheikh or Waggott, the 3 highest positioned entities at the club?

Gregg failed to follow procedure for the O’Brien cock-up. He was so excited and took player to Brockhall instead of Ewood to sign, I believe. Documents weren’t signed correctly as the admin was happening in Ewood but the paperwork completed at Brockhall. 

Maguire cock-up was all on Silvester. Didn’t hit send. Waggot may have done many things wrong but if your club Sec can’t hit send, then what are you supposed to do?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Those crafty feckers JDT and GB causing all this unrest, good job we have the constants of Suhail and Swag continually doing the right thing by BRFC.

It's funny how the "unrest" is almost always "they wanted to improve the club".

Really makes you think.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Blue n White Rover said:

Money is available to spend so that is utter nonsense in the BBC story. 

Heard that before, even up until 11pm deadline day, then [insert name here] cocks up and forgets to press send submit whatever

Oldest trick in the Venky playbook to head into a summer telling people there's money to spend and impressive names linked. Just as season tickets are about to be released too. 

Taking us for fools. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm impressed - it's not even been announced yet and you're already positioning yourself to toe the party line. Great work. 

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

If you remember some time at the start of this year, I was given some info around the issues in India and a few other bits around the club.
Despite taking some grief for being 'cryptic / ITK bollocks' I just purely passed on the info I was given.
And, in fairness, it was almost exclusively bob-on.

We've not been in contact for a little bit, but I've literally had the below though tonight on both Silvester and Broughton.
Feel free to disregard it if you so wish, but I'm told:

Silvester sacked. Was sacked straight after the Maguire fiasco.
However, club had to follow disciplinary procedure as he is an employee and not like a manager or player you can dismiss.
He then went off long term sick and eventually dismissed.
Club didn’t want to announce it due to where we were in the league.

Broughton sacked.
Failed in his signings (Wahlstead bought in on same salary as Kaminski!!) and lots more that have failed.
Broughton ran out of Ewood as fast as he could and now trying to throw the club under the bus, similar to the JDT trick.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 3

Heard that before, even up until 11pm deadline day, then [insert name here] cocks up and forgets to press send submit whatever

Oldest trick in the Venky playbook to head into a summer telling people there's money to spend and impressive names linked. Just as season tickets are about to be released too. 

Taking us for fools. 

Stay off the drink.

So club sec gets the bullet because there was no money to spend?? 😂😂

He made the error and now paid the price by getting binned. 

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Taking us for fools. 

The excuse used to be not enough time to replace before the deadline... wonder what they'll come up with next.

We need to add to the squad, we're doomed if we don't.

20 minutes ago, Blue n White Rover said:

I guess we'll know how true this is at the end of the transfer window. I'm expecting close to nothing spent and vindication for GB.

6 minutes ago, Andy said:

If you remember some time at the start of this year, I was given some info around the issues in India and a few other bits around the club.
Despite taking some grief for being 'cryptic / ITK bollocks' I just purely passed on the info I was given.
And, in fairness, it was almost exclusively bob-on.

We've not been in contact for a little bit, but I've literally had the below though tonight on both Silvester and Broughton.
Feel free to disregard it if you so wish, but I'm told:

Silvester sacked. Was sacked straight after the Maguire fiasco.
However, club had to follow disciplinary procedure as he is an employee and not like a manager or player you can dismiss.
He then went off long term sick and eventually dismissed.
Club didn’t want to announce it due to where we were in the league.

Broughton sacked.
Failed in his signings (Wahlstead bought in on same salary as Kaminski!!) and lots more that have failed.
Broughton ran out of Ewood as fast as he could and now trying to throw the club under the bus, similar to the JDT trick.

Is your source by any chance Steve W. Aggott?

• Like 1