BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gregg Broughton

9 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Kick off time is usually between 2 and 4 am and quite frankly a club that doesn't see games against the giants of Millwall and Plymouth Argyle as must win is not worth getting out of bed for.

I have been actively boycotting for 13 years and will continue to do so until the scum have left.

Supporting the club under these circumstances is more than just merely turning up to the games. In the good old days, yes that's what being a proper fan was all about but the situation is completely different now.

I think the fans have to shoulder a part of the blame for the state of the club. It is up to the fans to demand that the club be run properly and have ambition to do more than just exist. If the people running the club are not doing the job right then it is the responsibility of the fans to take action against them. 

As far as I’m concerned staying silent makes you complicit. 

And for those that say boycotting and protesting doesn't work, you are wrong. Boycotts and protests are some of the most powerful weapons available to the masses. The reason there is no longer apartheid in South Africa is because of boycotts and protests. 

Sadly we're not the only club in this sort of situation but we must have the only fanbase that sits silently as their club is demolished before their very eyes.

How on earth are the fans complicit? Your strange generalisation is so far off the mark and characterises every fan as the same. It's a real cheap shot to apportion some of the blame on the fans. I guess that geographically it's easy for you to boycott and that's your prerogative but passing the blame to supporters who do go is a low blow.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Boycotts can and do work… they just don’t work here as the collapse in crowds have shown - they couldn’t give a monkeys.

And it's written off as shit fans instead of a display of desperate angst against the never ending nonsense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

I attend to see Rovers hopefully win as I believe lots do. Winning a game gives a great feeling to many and every game is another opportunity to win. 

That's a given, but winning has become very rare, and miserable journeys home have become the norm.

Compare how a matchday feels now to, let's say the mid noughties.

Sitting in a half empty stadium, generally devoid of atmosphere, with the lowest of expectations.

This isn't Blackburn Rovers.

It's a parasite pretending to be it's host.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, martonrover said:

That's a given, but winning has become very rare, and miserable journeys home have become the norm.

Compare how a matchday feels now to, let's say the mid noughties.

Sitting in a half empty stadium, generally devoid of atmosphere, with the lowest of expectations.

This isn't Blackburn Rovers.

It's a parasite pretending to be it's host.

It's difficult to argue with the points you make. I think in general the majority of football fans live in hope that their club will be successful but very few are. Through all the torrid years under this lot I still somehow look forward to match days and the possibility of that winning feeling. And as such I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow and see that as a chance of winning. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's difficult to argue with the points you make. I think in general the majority of football fans live in hope that their club will be successful but very few are. Through all the torrid years under this lot I still somehow look forward to match days and the possibility of that winning feeling. And as such I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow and see that as a chance of winning. 

Fair enough, but I'm afraid I've now gone past that stage and simply cannot see any hope unless/until these owners go.

It's not just about not being in the Premier League, either.

I was there in the 80's, but in those days we were owned and run by people who cared about the club and it's supporters.

This is just shit, on and off the pitch.

It's futile.

• Like 6

One of the most refreshing things about JDTs time was more often than not we'd be attacking from the off and looking for an early goal.  Not always the case obviously but even then you knew we could move the ball from back to front in the blink of an eye and create something of score against the run of play.

Of course it had its flaws and drawbacks but now we are back to square one as the mostly tepid dour stuff under TM and Bowyer before that.  We had bigger better squads then but if you want nay need to win games you have to show intent especially at home to the Plymouths and Millwalls.

That in turn gets the crowd up and gives it something to get behind and a little expectancy is healthy after it was drummed out of us over the years.

I can understand some of it now and the just don't lose mentality and if we stay up Eustace can point to it being justified and it was the right way.

To go into next season whatever division we are in and know that's going to be served up every week it will be very hard to convince fans there is any intent to do anything.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, martonrover said:

Fair enough, but I'm afraid I've now gone past that stage and simply cannot see any hope unless/until these owners go.

It's not just about not being in the Premier League, either.

I was there in the 80's, but in those days we were owned and run by people who cared about the club and it's supporters.

This is just shit, on and off the pitch.

It's futile.

me to ,we were completely,truthfully skint in the 80`s but everyone was in it together,while bolton,burnley and preston were languishing in the bottom division we were sitting in the top half of the then 2nd division with gallant attempts at  promotion on a shoestring,we were run properly by people who actually cared

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

me to ,we were completely,truthfully skint in the 80`s but everyone was in it together,while bolton,burnley and preston were languishing in the bottom division we were sitting in the top half of the then 2nd division with gallant attempts at  promotion on a shoestring,we were run properly by people who actually cared

And even in the seasons where we struggled there was always a feeling of hope for the future.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, arbitro said:

How on earth are the fans complicit? Your strange generalisation is so far off the mark and characterises every fan as the same. It's a real cheap shot to apportion some of the blame on the fans. I guess that geographically it's easy for you to boycott and that's your prerogative but passing the blame to supporters who do go is a low blow.

It's up to the fans to demand better from the club and they aren't doing that.

The fact that shadow man gets to walk from the Blackburn End car park to the Jack Walker every week unmolested shows what an easy ride these people get.

And for the record I found it just as easy to boycott the club when I lived within a couple of miles of the ground. 

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

The fact that shadow man gets to walk from the Blackburn End car park to the Jack Walker every week unmolested shows what an easy ride these people get.

And for the record I found it just as easy to boycott the club when I lived within a couple of miles of the ground. 

What are you actually doing? Apart from whingeing on an internet forum 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I hope your choice of word was simply ill-thought as opposed to what you do to someone you don't like. Are you implying the person should at the least be harassed by fans and as such, border assault? Assault not requiring contact to be made but the fear of unlawful contact?

10 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Most people don't know who Pasha is let alone what he looks like and that is how they want it. The majority just want to watch Rovers play and hopefully win. You should just respect that rather than having a go a people for not boycotting or whatever. It's their choice. When you watch a match wherever you are do you pay for it?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Most people don't know who Pasha is let alone what he looks like and that is how they want it. The majority just want to watch Rovers play and hopefully win. You should just respect that rather than having a go a people for not boycotting or whatever. It's their choice. When you watch a match wherever you are do you pay for it?

Even free he’s pays for it 😂

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Boycotting.

So are thousands of others.

Come on, what else are you yourself doing proactively, which gives you carte blanche to throw keyboard insults at those who do still attend?

• Like 1

I don’t blame anybody for knocking it on the head, indeed I imagine a good few more will do just that this summer when it comes to ST renewals.

Your time, your money, your sanity, your morals.

However, if we ended up with just the Chadster in the ground, they still wouldn’t give a shiny shite, indeed Swag I imagine would close the stands and sack the cleaners with relish (and still ‘hit his targets’)

This is just not a normal club with normal owners that react to things like a collapsing customer base.

We are fecked from where I’m standing.

• Like 4

On 01/04/2024 at 19:44, jim mk2 said:

And that has achieved what exactly? 

On 01/04/2024 at 21:40, Wheelton Blue said:

So are thousands of others.

Come on, what else are you yourself doing proactively, which gives you carte blanche to throw keyboard insults at those who do still attend?

No insults here. Just facts. If the fans don't hold these people accountable then who will?

I can proudly say that I have not contributed a single penny to venkys and their destruction of this club.

But you're right, I'll just get behind the lads FFS because that's worked so well over the last 14 years.