BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gregg Broughton

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't ignore the Indian elephant in the room though. Quite the opposite.

Although three posters in particular (yourself included) stalk practically every post I make accusing me of it. It's really boring and that apart you're an excellent poster.

Because I find it infuriating that you still go around the houses month after month. Maybe add just the odd post calling out the owners (unprompted) instead of always going after the hired hands (they’ve hired) and you won’t get ‘stalked’.

These people have destroyed our football club but I still get the impression that if they employed, say, a CEO more to your liking you’d be more than happy to give them chance #4567.

A real blind spot and I’ve never worked out why you’ve always had it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't ignore the Indian elephant in the room though. Quite the opposite.

Although three posters in particular (yourself included) stalk practically every post I make accusing me of it. It's really boring and that apart you're an excellent poster.

Yes you fucking do!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you have an answer to the question in the final paragraph @RevidgeBlue

All three need to go but if was only one I would be tempted to go with Waggott currently and get a competent and genuine CEO in. The owners won't go unless they either want to at some point or are forced out by the Court proceedings

Your question was framed somewhat unfairly so let me flip it on its head and ask Do you think ANY owners could make a success of the Club if they were forced to carry on for a couple of years employing Waggott as CEO and Broughton as DOF bringing in the players?

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Your question was framed somewhat unfairly so let me flip it on its head and ask Do you think ANY owners could make a success of the Club if they were forced to carry on for a couple of years employing Waggott as CEO and Broughton as DOF bringing in the players?

That’s like saying do you think any DOF could succeed at Ewood if he had to play Wahlsted, Telalavic, Ennis and Mola. He wouldn’t. He would just clear the decks.

Edited by Hasta

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

All three need to go but if was only one I would be tempted to go with Waggott currently and get a competent and genuine CEO in. The owners won't go unless they either want to at some point or are forced out by the Court proceedings

None of them will go, Waggott and Broughton wouldnt get an equivalent job elsewhere and equally wont be sacked and the owners must enjoy inflicting pain on us. The point of the question was not whether they will go. 

Having those two would obviously put a limit on any success but the club would be able to improve far more with new owners as opposed to the difference between having a new CEO or a new director of football.

Since the summer of 2021, we have sold Armstrong, Wharton, Kaminski and Phillips for more than £40m, as well as declining the opportunity to sell Brereton and Rothwell for £12m. So over a potential £50m to reinvest with 2 proven goalscorers, a top goalkeeper and 2 very good midfielders all gone, as well as a young talented defender. We have spent £5m in that time, even the very best at recruitment would suffer a severe decline in playing squad under those conditions. If Broughton say had £25m to spend in that time, I certainly wouldn't trust him to spend it efficiently, but our squad would look far better in those circumstances than a top CEO with those same conditions. Likewise, even the most savvy CEO with his finger on the pulse in terms of income generation etc would not be as beneficial as having new owners.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What the actual fuck are you on about?

The owners are the ones who employ these people. What don't you understand about this?

You need to stop as this is getting beyond embarrassing now.

Seriously, what the fuck?!?!?!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

They have been the owners for fourteen years. What about Singh, Shaw, Agnew, Hunt, Senior and Silk? They were up there in the incompetence stakes with Waggott. Whilst Waggott is useless he is just the latest in a list of useless appointments by exactly who?

It's all on them and if you can't see if admit that then posters will draw their own conclusions.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Upside Down said:

What the actual fuck are you on about?

The owners are the ones who employ these people. What don't you understand about this?

You need to stop as this is getting beyond embarrassing now.

Seriously, what the fuck?!?!?!

Just calm down and stop swearing at everyone - it's juvenile and detracts from your overall point. Calling the owners wankers and cunts every other breath makes you look like you're a loaf short of a full bread basket.

We all know the owners need to go and that ultimate responsibility is theirs because they employ these idiots. I was responding to an entirely rhetorical question from Roversfan99 who ignores 99% of what I post and selects certain bits and twists it round. But at least he does it in a largely civil and well reasoned way.

Other than calling the owners twats - what's your actual solution to our situation?

• Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, arbitro said:

They have been the owners for fourteen years. What about Singh, Shaw, Agnew, Hunt, Senior and Silk? They were up there in the incompetence stakes with Waggott. Whilst Waggott is useless he is just the latest in a list of useless appointments by exactly who?

It's all on them and if you can't see if admit that then posters will draw their own conclusions.

I know it's all on them, I'd have expected better from you.

Does that therefore mean that Singh/ Shaw/ Agnew/ Hunt /Senior/ Silk/Waggott/Broughton et al should be left alone and get a free ride?

These people are still actually meant to have jobs at the end of the day. - Whilst it's ultimately the owners overall responsibility is it their fault in the first instance that Singh comes up with a brainwave to sign a load of Portugeezers or Shaw fucks up Berg's departure or Waggott tries to repeat what he tried to do at Coventry and sell the training ground or Broughton as DOF oversees multiple transfer cock ups or Broughton and Waggott bring in players that aren't up to scratch and in some instances aren't even fit enough to play?

16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Does that therefore mean that Singh/ Shaw/ Agnew/ Hunt /Senior/ Silk/Waggott/Broughton et al should be left alone and get a free ride?

These people are still actually meant to have jobs at the end of the day. - Whilst it's ultimately the owners overall responsibility is it their fault in the first instance that Singh comes up with a brainwave to sign a load of Portugeezers or Shaw fucks up Berg's departure or Waggott tries to repeat what he tried to do at Coventry and sell the training ground or Broughton as DOF oversees multiple transfer cock ups or Broughton and Waggott bring in players that aren't up to scratch and in some instances aren't even fit enough to play?

The 'I'd have expected better from you' does you no favours.

The owners employed these people and the common theme is incompetence which I think you agree on. So then surely any chancer would look at this job and fancy it. No pressure from the owners to lead a successful club but happy to tread water and even regress. Do you agree that under proper owners these people wouldn't have got anywhere near this club? If you do then you can say they are the real problem. If not then you are in denial.

And that isn't even mentioning the absolute carnage created by Anderson on their watch.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
49 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

But if you spend more time criticising people that Venky’s employ and not Venky’s themselves, then it stands to reason that people will think you consider the employees more of a problem….

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Just calm down and stop swearing at everyone - it's juvenile and detracts from your overall point. Calling the owners wankers and cunts every other breath makes you look like you're a loaf short of a full bread basket.

We all know the owners need to go and that ultimate responsibility is theirs because they employ these idiots. I was responding to an entirely rhetorical question from Roversfan99 who ignores 99% of what I post and selects certain bits and twists it round. But at least he does it in a largely civil and well reasoned way.

Other than calling the owners twats - what's your actual solution to our situation?

Cause constant disruption at every single game and put them under the spotlight constantly.

What's your solution? That's right blame everyone but the owners.

You are the one who is a loaf short of a basket.

Don't understand your problem with coarse language. If you don't like it just fucking ignore it.

Civil unrest is not only justified but absolutely necessary in this situation.

And for the record I am as tranquil as a mill pond.

Maybe you are the one who should calm the fuck down.

Edited by Upside Down

So interesting reading this thread and arguments over who’s most at fault. Here’s my thoughts:

I think this club can be successful whilst Venkys own us. I’d rather they didn’t own us, I’d celebrate them selling us, but realistically if they just shut up, sent us money and kept their noses out we could still find success.

I think Gregg Broughton is doing a pretty decent job considering the parameters he has to work within, which have essentially been almost-impossible. 

For me, the biggest problem at Rovers is Steve Waggott. He’s out of touch, ambitionless and happy to accept mediocrity. But the biggest problem is he’s a short term thinker. The shambles that Venkys have created is going to take a medium/long term plan to turn around and every single decision I’ve seen Waggott make is kicking the can down the road. Waggott’s age and “I’ll retire if the owners ask me” attitude mean by default he isn’t the man for the job because he hasn’t got the longevity to oversee it.

Ewood is falling down, we need a CEO that demands investment from the owners outside of FFP.

The match day experience is dreadful, we need a CEO that understands the modern day fan. 

The ticket pricing is robbery, we need a CEO that understands the local area. 

The team is desperately underfunded, we need a CEO that can generate more income for FFP and once that is generated, demand an increase of money from the owners.

The training ground is not ours, we need a CEO that can use our money to buy it back as cheap as possible - use the Wharton money if you have to. 

The standards around the club are ‘think small’, we need a CEO that can bring back Jack Walkers mantra of “Think Big”.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, J*B said:

So interesting reading this thread and arguments over who’s most at fault. Here’s my thoughts:

I think this club can be successful whilst Venkys own us. I’d rather they didn’t own us, I’d celebrate them selling us, but realistically if they just shut up, sent us money and kept their noses out we could still find success.

I think Gregg Broughton is doing a pretty decent job considering the parameters he has to work within, which have essentially been almost-impossible. 

For me, the biggest problem at Rovers is Steve Waggott. He’s out of touch, ambitionless and happy to accept mediocrity. But the biggest problem is he’s a short term thinker. The shambles that Venkys have created is going to take a medium/long term plan to turn around and every single decision I’ve seen Waggott make is kicking the can down the road. Waggott’s age and “I’ll retire if the owners ask me” attitude mean by default he isn’t the man for the job because he hasn’t got the longevity to oversee it.

Ewood is falling down, we need a CEO that demands investment from the owners outside of FFP.

The match day experience is dreadful, we need a CEO that understands the modern day fan. 

The team is desperately underfunded, we need a CEO that can generate more income for FFP and once that is generated, demand an increase of money from the owners.

The training ground is not ours, we need a CEO that can use our money to buy it back as cheap as possible - use the Wharton money if you have to. 

The standards around the club are ‘think small’, we need a CEO that can bring back Jack Walkers mantra of “Think Big”.

I don't think any of that is possible with the owners though. They have constantly meddled in this club from day one and every single time it has been detrimental.

This isn't the first deliberate relegation and maggot wasn't anywhere near the place then. Actually I don't even know if shadow man was here then.

They aren't normally have ever been simply "badly advised" they're doing this deliberately of their own accord for whatever reason.

We need a CEO and board of directors who are not only capable and trustworthy but will sweat blood for the club and go that extra mile for the benefit of the club not themselves.

Waggot is the polar opposite of that he remains here just because no one has told him to go so he carries on just going through the motions. We're selling Wharton and they've loaned out the captain to save a few quid and the best he can do is casually pick up the phone push the old boys network button and bring in a lad whose had career ending injury problems and hardly played fr 18 months.

In doing so he commits to wasting c4/500k of the Wharton money straight off for someone who the odds on contributing anything for 5 moths were wafer thin to start wth.

You tell me he isn't doing others favours there and getting a drink himself, nothing at all in that scenario is for the benefit of BRFC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

The 'I'd have expected better from you' does you no favours.

The owners employed these people and the common theme is incompetence which I think you agree on. So then surely any chancer would look at this job and fancy it. No pressure from the owners to lead a successful club but happy to tread water and even regress. Do you agree that under proper owners these people wouldn't have got anywhere near this club? If you do then you can say they are the real problem. If not then you are in denial.

And that isn't even mentioning the absolute carnage created by Anderson on their watch.

I've said countless times ultimate responsibility lies with the owners because they continue to employ these chancers but one or two posters (not your good self) continually ignore that and try to make out I don't place any blame on the owners hence my irritation at you seemingly going down the same route.

The question is do they send the money over and just leave the imbeciles at the Club to it to wreck the place and feather their own nests because they can't be arsed enogh to keep a close enough eye on what's going on. Or are the people at Ewood acting strictly to instruction?

I'm of the former view (just) but wouldn't blame anyone for thinking the latter. Either way it's ultimately the owners fault. Obviously.

55 minutes ago, J*B said:

Have to agree to disagree on Broughton but otherwise spot on. Great post.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Cause constant disruption at every single game and put them under the spotlight constantly.

What's your solution? That's right blame everyone but the owners.

You are the one who is a loaf short of a basket.

Don't understand your problem with coarse language. If you don't like it just fucking ignore it.

Civil unrest is not only justified but absolutely necessary in this situation.

And for the record I am as tranquil as a mill pond.

Maybe you are the one who should calm the fuck down.

I agree the time for protests has probably come. The current situation on and particularly off the pitch can not endure.

Unfortunately however whether the fan base as a whole will share your appetite looks somewhat doubtful. Maybe the match going crowd are starting to turn though?

Don't worry,  I don't have any problem with coarse language whatsoever but tend to find it has more impact used a little more sparingly.

Enjoy your Easter.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

12 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Because I find it infuriating that you still go around the houses month after month. Maybe add just the odd post calling out the owners (unprompted) instead of always going after the hired hands (they’ve hired) and you won’t get ‘stalked’.

These people have destroyed our football club but I still get the impression that if they employed, say, a CEO more to your liking you’d be more than happy to give them chance #4567.

A real blind spot and I’ve never worked out why you’ve always had it.

You probably won't like this answer but like J*B I think IF the Court Proceedings were not pertaining and IF they were once again able and willing to fund the Club up to the maximum permitted by FFP and IF they kept their beaks out and IF they appointed a competent CEO /Manager/ Coach and DOF then that would lead to a greater chance of successt than being completely skint.

That is never going to happen. Various people were led to believe that this sort of situation might finally come about a couple of seasons or so ago but instead things have gone completely in the opposite direction and even further South than before if that were possible. Too much water has flowed under the bridge and I don't think we'd ever get to that optimum hypothetical situation under these owners therefore they need to go.

It's always been either the wrong people squandering money or no money when the right people comes along under this ownership. If we end up with a succession of people who are the wrong person with no money we really are screwed.

The BOARD of directors should have been pushing the owners to back the previous head coach.

We don't have a real,board of directors and the ones we have do the opposite.

• Like 1

So against all evidence of a sorry 14 years, as I suspected you still hold out hope for these owners. 

Face it Rev, you’ll never really get to ‘Enough’.

Edited by Mattyblue

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So against all evidence of a sorry 14 years, as I suspected you still hold out hope for these owners. 

Face it Rev, you’ll never really get to ‘Enough’.

You're doing it again. I've specifically said I do not hold out any hope under these owners. And detailed the reasons why.

And people wonder why I get irritated.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

I just read from you that if they could get through the court case so back to funding it as previously and appoint execs more to your liking etc then my interpretation of your post was that you’d be willing for them to stay. 

If that is incorrect and regardless of legalities and appointments you’ve unequivocally had enough and they have to go whatever, then great, totally with you.

Edited by Mattyblue

51 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I agree the time for protests has probably come. The current situation on and particularly off the pitch can not endure.

Unfortunately however whether the fan base as a whole will share your appetite looks somewhat doubtful. Maybe the match going crowd are starting to turn though?

Don't worry,  I don't have any problem with coarse language whatsoever but tend to find it has more impact used a little more sparingly.

Enjoy your Easter.

And you too.

Most of the people who had any appetite have long since walked away. All that remains are the uninterested and the happy clappers.

• Downvote 1