BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gregg Broughton

7 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Even more bizarre to then have 2 of those players in a meeting with the fans and them going along with it.

Cynical as I am that really does suggest said players have been given something in exchange - more control/input/power in relation to the head coach instantly springs to mind…

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

Quite simply to get him off the wage bill.

There is no plan or anything that makes sense at Ewood in the chain of people at the club and the bean counters in India. Don't forget some probably assumed we were signing McGuire so probably wanted wages shifting out quick at the last min.

If we ended the day with no McGuire and no Gallagher but 15k a week less going out then some somewhere along that chain would consider that a result.

Yeah but they could have got his wages off the books and received a transfer fee if they accepted the bid from Ipswich.

It just doesn't make sense to turn down multiple bids from Ipswich, then when Ipswich have signed their alternatives we then make Gally available for transfer.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah but they could have got his wages off the books and received a transfer fee if they accepted the bid from Ipswich.

It just doesn't make sense to turn down multiple bids from Ipswich, then when Ipswich have signed their alternatives we then make Gally available for transfer.

You can't really hold that as a valid reason to think it's not true because the way they do things makes very little sense anyway.

We know even in the best scenario deadline day is crazy things change by the minute, say JDT was the only man wanting Gally to stay so Rovers were holding out for an offer they couldn't refuse and he'd have to lump it. Then Ipswich sign Moore so that's off the table but there's a loan offer from Brum or somewhere ?

There are literally a dozen scenarios that could unfold and one of those is very much someone in the club trying to move him off the wage bill at the 11th hour with no replacement and looking for a pat on the back.

We’re living in a world of fantasy and conspiracy theories. Reality has been beaten by bullshit. I used to play for Real Madrid, broke the home run record in baseball, scored 500 centuries in test cricket and then bought Tesla from Elon Musk for $1. 5 billion people follow me on TikTok, and Blackburn Rovers play at Ewood Park. Someone in Facebook land won’t believe in the last fact.

• Like 4

On 24/03/2024 at 15:24, windymiller7 said:

I'll take that as a wind up!

No matter what we think of Gally, he works hard & would've been replaced by........ nothing!!

Quite the opposite. His contract is expiring and although he has purple patches, has huge periods of being useless. Easily replaceable and the fact we were gonna get 2.5m or so for him, lamentable decision not to sell. 

The fact his replacement fell through doesn't change that. 

• Like 1

I feel like there is a gap in my memory, it had been mentioned Broughton was due to give an interview during this international break. I think this was stated by the reporter for the LT? What I can see is that this is an interview with essentially a podcast, filmed off his laptop. Previously they had been done by the club or somebody like Andy Bayes? Are we due an official interview or has this like the fans forum been volleyed down the road?

47 minutes ago, cesus said:

I feel like there is a gap in my memory, it had been mentioned Broughton was due to give an interview during this international break. I think this was stated by the reporter for the LT? What I can see is that this is an interview with essentially a podcast, filmed off his laptop. Previously they had been done by the club or somebody like Andy Bayes? Are we due an official interview or has this like the fans forum been volleyed down the road?

I believe the interview about that January transfer window will be this week. Elliot Jackson has been on holiday last week, so will have been delayed 👍🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Quite the opposite. His contract is expiring and although he has purple patches, has huge periods of being useless. Easily replaceable and the fact we were gonna get 2.5m or so for him, lamentable decision not to sell. 

The fact his replacement fell through doesn't change that. 

The common sense thing to do would be to extend Gallagher's contract,get another 2 year's use out of him,he's already paid for.

Fact of the matter is, if he was at another club, Rovers couldn't afford him. Any similarly experienced forward would want similar wages.

Edited by M_B
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, M_B said:

The common sense thing to do would be to extend Gallagher's contract,get another 2 year's use out of him,he's already paid for.

Fact of the matter is, if he was at another club, Rovers couldn't afford him.

Since when has any form of common sense been used at rovers in the last 14 years?

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, M_B said:

I have it on good authority that the Gallagher /Hyam rumour is completely false. 

wouldnt surprise me one bit with that loop wilks.

Edited by ABBEY

Just listened through and the guy certainly talks a good game. The proof will be in the pudding this summer, less talk more signings. And good ones for decent money not some unknown b team players with potential.

I won't be renewing my season ticket until there is some evidence of ambition this summer after the Waggot pre-season surrender last year.

• Like 2

He always speaks well and i'm sure his intentions are good but he's pitching things that will never happen here and he has zero experience of delivering in a capacity as a DoF anyway.

So it's basically 'look ##FC did it like this and so did ##FC so if we do the same we'll get the same result'.

Ideology.

And this 'sustainable Prem club line' is the biggest nonsense of the lot you need to move heaven and earth to get there first before you worry about that. One season up there would, without being stupid of course, totally reset the clubs finances and then we can think about sustaining it.

Right now the only remit should be a sustainable top end Championship club that starts every season with a 50/50 chance of finishing in the top 6.  What they are delivering and it started  over 2 years ago is a club that has a 50/50 chance of dropping to league 1 every season and an 20/80 chance of finishing in the top 6.

So his waffle is just empty words, the new jam tomorrow 'journey' talk that needs resetting every time there is another good player flogged and not replaced or another budget cut.

It's BS Gregg lad BS and you are fooling no one.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A fairly pointless and uninspiring interview whereby just about everything Broughton says is caveated.

"We already have clear plans of what we are trying to do" - that doesn't mean those plans will be followed or accepted by upstairs

"I have been told that it won't impact our transfer business going into the summer" - being told something doesn't mean shit especially at Ewood Park

"A geopolitical challenge" aka being investigated by authorities for illegal activities

"Hopefully have the squad to come out of the summer in a better position", hopefully isn't good enough for me.

What we can see here is a clear divergence between Broughton and the 'others'. Like JDT before him he is using the media to show those who can read between the lines where the real responsibility and decision making lies and it isn't with him. He can do all he can but it is meaningless if the board and owners don't follow it, which they won't because they don't care what the underlings think, they'll just do whatever it is they fancy doing from one window to the next. 

If they're in a tight spot or short on cash they'll reduce the squad to rubble without a second's thought. If they're interested or having fun they'll ignore huge bids for out of contract players. 

I don't blame Broughton, it seems to me he has been brought here to do a job that is now impossible to perform, working for liars and charlatans who have made it mission impossible. 

Think back to last season, a hair's breadth from the playoffs and FA Cup semi final, bright ambitious young manager, bright good young squad. 

Could that have been more comprehensively demolished, wrecked, undermined and undone in the space of 6-9 months? I doubt a dingle paid to deliberately ruin the club could have done more to wreck us than our great 'well meaning' owners and board.

Read the piece .... Now i'm seeing a certain similarity with Steve Kean

To become a sustainable Premier League club requires at the very least, having competent people in charge. 

It can be easily demonstrated that we don’t have that. They can’t even get through a transfer window without calamity.

Edited by den
  • Like 6

17 hours ago, M_B said:

Fact of the matter is, if he was at another club, Rovers couldn't afford him. Any similarly experienced forward would want similar wages.

It's a bonkers way to run a football club, isn't it?

He's shit, but we saw last summer that his wages would simply disappear into the financial black hole like Ayala's / Dack's / BBD's did. 

6 hours ago, roverblue said:

Just listened through and the guy certainly talks a good game. The proof will be in the pudding this summer, less talk more signings. And good ones for decent money not some unknown b team players with potential.

I won't be renewing my season ticket until there is some evidence of ambition this summer after the Waggot pre-season surrender last year.

Pedagogy! What does he think we are? A bloody Sure Start project?

Picking through this Paul Senioresque bullshit, one thing stood out.

The small squad thing is a deliberate policy.

We are being asked to believe that this is to allow space for academy graduates( as opposed to saving money) The other thing we are being asked to believe is that this is the roadmap to the Premier League. 

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!...Blackburn Alexandra is the name of the game!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Pedagogy! What does he think we are? A bloody Sure Start project?

Picking through this Paul Senioresque bullshit, one thing stood out.

The small squad thing is a deliberate policy.

We are being asked to believe that this is to allow space for academy graduates( as opposed to saving money) The other thing we are being asked to believe is that this is the roadmap to the Premier League. 

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!...Blackburn Alexandra is the name of the game!

Yep we all know the small squad is really just to drive down the wage bill and use cheap youth therefore also justifying the academy.

We had a debate on here a few years ago initially pushed by someone who has now disappeared. His argument why use the players we had then on journeymen and upper champ wages just to finish midtable when we could use our own younger ones.

Of course the kickback was that's a sure fire way to league one what we really need is a better manager and directors.

Well after briefly bucking the trend here we are.

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

He always speaks well and i'm sure his intentions are good but he's pitching things that will never happen here and he has zero experience of delivering in a capacity as a DoF anyway.

So it's basically 'look ##FC did it like this and so did ##FC so if we do the same we'll get the same result'.

Ideology.

And this 'sustainable Prem club line' is the biggest nonsense of the lot you need to move heaven and earth to get there first before you worry about that. One season up there would, without being stupid of course, totally reset the clubs finances and then we can think about sustaining it.

Right now the only remit should be a sustainable top end Championship club that starts every season with a 50/50 chance of finishing in the top 6.  What they are delivering and it started  over 2 years ago is a club that has a 50/50 chance of dropping to league 1 every season and an 20/80 chance of finishing in the top 6.

So his waffle is just empty words, the new jam tomorrow 'journey' talk that needs resetting every time there is another good player flogged and not replaced or another budget cut.

It's BS Gregg lad BS and you are fooling no one.

Wrong.

The only remit this club should have is to be a top half premier league team. Like it was when these cunts took over.

That is the absolute bare minimum I will accept from them.

there is no intention from anyone in power at ewood to get to the premier league,absolutely no intention at all,we`ve seen it over 14 years,everytime we get a side that looks like it`s capable of the play offs venkys sell everyone of any value and cut the managers budget,from bowyer to lambert to mowbray to jdt,just when the side needed backing venkys turn the money taps off

• Like 8

19 hours ago, Polky said:

I believe the interview about that January transfer window will be this week. Elliot Jackson has been on holiday last week, so will have been delayed 👍🏻

Presumably that's why there's been nothing in the LT about the recent injuries to Buckley and Sigurdsson? A so-called newspaper that takes a week off on the subject that most people follow in the paper. Shows what a joke local journalism has become. 

• Like 2