BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gregg Broughton

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The reason for the interview was about EFL development week as it said at the start of the interview. So he hasn't gone rogue 

do you actually believe anything out the venky propaganda gobs or are you just in full WUM mode? 

19 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

do you actually believe anything out the venky propaganda gobs or are you just in full WUM mode? 

Abbey, if you actually listened to properly, you would know that the interviewer gave the reason for the interview. Did you not hear that? 

Secondly, I have not mentioned Venkys in my post specifically. What I mentioned was what GB said in the interview and what we learnt new from the interview,

Thirdly, I repeated my original point that 2 people should have been sack for the McGuire transfer failure and GB is not one of those people just to make it clear and simple for people. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Abbey, if you actually listened to properly, you would know that the interviewer gave the reason for the interview. Did you not hear that? 

Secondly, I have not mentioned Venkys in my post specifically. What I mentioned was what GB said in the interview and what we learnt new from the interview,

Thirdly, I repeated my original point that 2 people should have been sack for the McGuire transfer failure and GB is not one of those people just to make it clear and simple for people. 

So wumming then . 

Couldn't give a crap what he said ...its all venkergander.

You didn't mention venkyscum,  do you not understand he's a venky stooge.

Clear and simple patronising you lad. Do you not see the pattern of fucking transfers up on purpose to appease the gullible like you.  Not egg ? Haha its all above his pay grade to make decisions like that .They all do as the slumdogs tell them like submissive cucks. 

Wake up chaddy lad .

21 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Wilkinson is pretty well informed and this would not surprise me at all.

I don't think the club has a shred of credibility left.

Goodness knows what other clubs, players and agents (other than those already on the Rovers' gravy train) think of us.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

So wumming then . 

Couldn't give a crap what he said ...its all venkergander.

You didn't mention venkyscum,  do you not understand he's a venky stooge.

Clear and simple patronising you lad. Do you not see the pattern of fucking transfers up on purpose to appease the gullible like you.  Not egg ? Haha its all above his pay grade to make decisions like that .They all do as the slumdogs tell them like submissive cucks. 

Wake up chaddy lad .

Abbey, no point you coming on this thread if you aren't going to discuss the interview and what he said. 

Anyway Abbey, enjoy the day. 

41 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Goodness knows what other clubs, players and agents (other than those already on the Rovers' gravy train) think of us.

That backs up what Arbitro posted a few days ago, although he did stop short of naming the player.

• Like 2

The shadowman and Waggot have gone rogue they are running the place to their own tune of cost cutting and making themselves look good to the owners.

Do they want it relegating ?  You'd be forgiven for thinking so.

It's Shagnew all over again inside Ewood there are 2 factions at play again pulling in different directions by the sounds of it.

• Like 2

So that’s the captain and his replacement as captain in a side massively short of experience they’ve bundled and tried to bundle out the door.

If we somehow stumble to survival this time, it’s only a stay of execution.

• Like 2

Just watched it. I thought GB come across OK although it wasn't really a taxing interview. I suspect the questions, including the McGuire situation, were pre-vetted. There were opportunities for the interviewer to expand, For example when Bropughton says: "But the situation had come to a head by [the end of January] where a head coach change had become inevitable.", there is no investigation why that situation had arose.

Similarly on McGuire we agreed a fee but then we were "Unable to do a permanent transfer". No inquiry as to why. 99% of the people who watch that YouTube channel will have no idea to the background of this.

It does feel a bit like a PR piece. For the neutral viewer, the insistence (twice) that Hyam and Sammy were not on our radar prior to the new recruitment team would seem a bit weird. It's clear he's talking to the Rovers fans specifically there and not the show itself.

"I've been told it won't affect the budget". Hmm. Season tickets are going to be an absolute nightmare to sell this summer. I think we will see this line about the budget from the club all through the summer until it dawns again it's all bullshit.

Interesting he does throw others under the bus with the two January screw-ups. 

Overall much ado about nothing other than a few interesting confirmations. The big questions on GB, such as why when we are skint are we wasting good money on the likes of Wahlstedt and Fleck, will never be touched on in any interview unfortunately. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So that’s the captain and his replacement as captain in a side massively short of experience they’ve bundled and tried to bundle out the door.

If we somehow stumble to survival this time, it’s only a stay of execution.

I guess I don't want to start the betting debate all over again, but it is starting to feel like someone at the club actually wants us relegated.

Edited by lraC
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

It would be odd if they were doing that with Gallagher on deadline day.

Why turn down multiple cash bids for Gallagher from Ipswich, to then make him available after Ipswich had filled that position by signing Moore and the striker from Wimbledon?

GB has been in charge for the last 3 windows, which have all been disasters. There's only so much blame shifting he can do as DOF the responsibility lies with him.

I'm more convinced than ever that the Maguire transfer was pulled deliberately by suhail/Waggot. The interview didn't press GB on why extra controls weren't put in place after last year. 

No mention of the crazy decision to loan out Travis.

No mention of why sign injury prone  Fleck.

No mention of why we (still) haven't signed a striker.

No scrutiny over previous windows - Walhsted/teleovic 

Nothing on Dolan contract.

• Like 3

Think it's quite clear that Broughton is a busted flush.

IMO, a 'gentle' interview with a man who knows he's on his way out.  The fact it was not done through the LT and/or Radio Lancashire also tells a story.

As more and more leaks out, I think Broughton's position becomes more and more untenable and no self respecting DOF would put up with it.  Broughton said JDT's Rovers' exit had become "inevitable", well he knows the script!!!

Good to hear actual communication of what’s gone on…even though again it’s unofficial and under the radar for the majority of fans & the wider media.

Broughton comes across in this interview like a politician and that constant smirk on his face makes him look like a complete bullshitter. To be adamant that the vision is STILL for us to become a sustainable Premier League club is just baffling with what’s gone on this season and the budget cuts. It’s almost impossible to do that by selling your best players and cutting the wage budget year on year.

I think he’s trying to do the best job he can but ultimately has no authority on transfers. For me, given this is his first job as a Director of Football, he seems completely out of his depth working for cowboys like Waggott and Venky’s. His team have obviously done a lot of work on the McGuire deal to then have it all wasted by some convenient “human error” to stop us spending any money. There were no such errors getting crocks and carthorses Fleck & McFazdean through the door!

Seems to me GB will just say whatever he can to deflect and make himself look good in order to keep his job and gain experience as a DoF. It’ll be the same with Eustace as he’s very inexperienced too.

Not making JDT into a martyr as his record in his final few months at the club was abysmal, but he’s the only person we’ve seen be honest & not hide behind this constant bullshit and spin. He called out the situation for what it was and that made his position untenable. He knew that he’d walk into another job regardless, as we’ve seen.

Fed up of all this nonsense and wish the club would just communicate directly with the fans and be honest with us. It’s absolutely appalling the way they are treating us and I don’t foresee it getting any better anytime soon. 

IMG_5666.jpeg

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It would be odd if they were doing that with Gallagher on deadline day.

Why turn down multiple cash bids for Gallagher from Ipswich, to then make him available after Ipswich had filled that position by signing Moore and the striker from Wimbledon?

Quite simply to get him off the wage bill.

There is no plan or anything that makes sense at Ewood in the chain of people at the club and the bean counters in India. Don't forget some probably assumed we were signing McGuire so probably wanted wages shifting out quick at the last min.

If we ended the day with no McGuire and no Gallagher but 15k a week less going out then some somewhere along that chain would consider that a result.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

The shadowman and Waggot have gone rogue they are running the place to their own tune of cost cutting and making themselves look good to the owners.

Do they want it relegating ?  You'd be forgiven for thinking so.

It's Shagnew all over again inside Ewood there are 2 factions at play again pulling in different directions by the sounds of it.

I agree.

It feels to me like Broughton is out of the equation now that JDT has gone. Resorting to YouTube interviews backs that up.

Eustace is 100% a Waggott appointment and he is not going to rock the boat even if we lose our top players over the summer.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I agree.

It feels to me like Broughton is out of the equation now that JDT has gone. Resorting to YouTube interviews backs that up.

Eustace is 100% a Waggott appointment and he is not going to rock the boat even if we lose our top players over the summer.

I'm thinking the new DoF model has been implemented by Venkys top brass and the next lot down i.e Bling and co don't like it because Shadow man and Waggot work for him and his agent pals.

Pretty much like it was in the Shagnew/Shebby era again all pulling in different directions and all trying to undermine/get rid of each other.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

I agree.

i could`nt care less if broughton *****s off or is sacked,he`s not up to the job and the club certainly won`t miss him,he`s another one who got lucky in managing to get  a well paid job that was above his skill set,i doubt we`ll ever hear his name mentioned in football circles when he leaves

• Like 2

With Waggott and Suhail following their own agenda a director of football is surplus to requirements. They will make his life as difficult as possible until he packs his bags and leaves. There is no way however they will pay him off. How long GB is prepared to put up with it is anybody's guess. I assume he got a 3 year contract when he signed so he is just over half way through that.

4 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

I agree.

it certainly looks like it,eustace won`t be going anywhere any time soon,will be easily manipulated as well,he`d still stay if he was forced to sell all the first team