BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gregg Broughton

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Assume it would have to be a step back to being an academy director though and that's why he'll cling on here a bit longer. Come summer when he sees no budget and all Raya and Wharton money being liquidised in running costs with the Sammie fee next in line i suspect he'll bail.

If he is being paid really well then probably not.

He's already had three transfer windows with no budget (we're £22m in the black during that time with £4m+ more to come from Raya).

I can't imagine he's holding out hope that they'll start allowing him to spend some actual money in the summer.

Broughton contradicts Waggott on past transfers and throws him under the bus when he points at "administration error" and Broughton not being a Director of the club and therefore unable to process the deal himself...

The answer about re-investing the transfer income was both non-committal and detailed.

Interesting that we had to fight off Ipswich for Gally in January.

• Like 1

I don't dislike Gregg, but I thought that was a bit of a nothing interview.

Didn't discover anything we didn't already know, didn't address the big tickets in any level of detail and was just a bit politician-y.

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

One thing that he did clearly dismiss was this myth that Szmodics and Hyam were already serious transfer targets before he arrived

Yeah what a bullshitter Waggott is.Broughton also explicitly said in that interview that he asked for JDT to be added to the shortlist.Waggot was telling fans on here ,that he had already been identified prior to Broughton's arrival.

Good interview I thought, the majority of the recruitment has been woeful this season but anyone would find it hard in those circumstances,budget changing every 2 minutes.

Interesting he made a point of saying "Iv been told " when asked about the budget this coming summer his demeanor suggested to me he wasn't holding his breath.

Also how he  stated how he feels the main reason of him getting the job was due to his academy background.So any fans expecting a wheeler dealer type with heavy experience in this sort of role to be a replacement are going to be disappointed.

This fella might not be any good at his job, I personally don't feel it's been woeful when you consider the conditions he has had to work under but he certainly doesn't deserve anywhere near as much grief as those above him.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah what a bullshitter Waggott is.Broughton also explicitly said in that interview that he asked for JDT to be added to the shortlist.Waggot was telling fans on here ,that he had already been identified prior to Broughton's arrival.

Good interview I thought, the majority of the recruitment has been woeful this season but anyone would find it hard in those circumstances,budget changing every 2 minutes.

Interesting he made a point of saying "Iv been told " when asked about the budget this coming summer his demeanor suggested to me he wasn't holding his breath.

Also how he  stated how he feels the main reason of him getting the job was due to his academy background.So any fans expecting a wheeler dealer type with heavy experience in this sort of role to be a replacement are going to be disappointed.

This fella might not be any good at his job, I personally don't feel it's been woeful when you consider the conditions he has had to work under but he certainly doesn't deserve anywhere near as much grief as those above him.

In the short time he's been here he's had FOUR deals the he's put together sabotaged by those above him. 

They're just the ones we know about. 

Impossible to judge whether he's any good or not given the circumstances he has to work under. Obviously some questions he has to answer politically as he's still employed by the club and unlike JDT he isn't a former champions league winner with millions in the bank.

It will be interesting to see how much longer he lasts here but I'm sure he's looking for an exit strategy. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's already had three transfer windows with no budget (we're £22m in the black during that time with £4m+ more to come from Raya).

I can't imagine he's holding out hope that they'll start allowing him to spend some actual money in the summer.

Apart from him telling us in that interview that he is expecting reinvestment of course.

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

One thing that he did clearly dismiss was this myth that Szmodics and Hyam were already serious transfer targets before he arrived

Two hired goons engaged in an argument indirectly.

Personally, I don’t care what either has to say.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

I'll take that as a wind up!

No matter what we think of Gally, he works hard & would've been replaced by........ nothing!!

So.... even in that scenario we'd have been no worse off on the pitch as he offers absolutely nothing but at least we'd have had some money in the Bank.

Obviously in an ideal world he should have been sold and replaced at zero net cost  by the younger Mcguire.

As for Broughton, bullshitter extraordinaire. I had to try very hard not to throw the phone out of the car window listening to that pile of smarmy shite. The main  purpose of the interview seemed to be to blow smoke up his arse but on the odd occasion a difficult question arose he completely ducked it.

Clearly only here for his own betterment financially and also only interested in selling players. Well I'm glad he's glad that we're keeping the "big" Clubs happy and that we're seemingly on a mission to find a home for our best young talent away from Ewood Park.

Why is no-one at the Club interested in US doing well on the pitch or winning football matches?

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 7
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So.... even in that scenario we'd have been no worse off on the pitch as he offers absolutely nothing but at least we'd have had some money in the Bank.

Obviously in an ideal world he should have been sold and replaced at zero net cost  by the younger Mcguire.

As for Broughton, bullshitter extraordinaire. I had to try very hard not to throw the phone out of the car window listening to that pile of smarmy shite. The main  purpose of the interview seemed to be to blow smoke up his arse but on the odd occasion a difficult question arose he completely ducked it.

Clearly only here for his own betterment financially and also only interested in selling players. Well I'm glad he's glad that we're keeping the "big" Clubs happy and that we're seemingly on a mission to find a home for our best young talent away from Ewood Park.

Why is no-one at the Club interested in US doing well on the pitch or winning football matches?

I love how you have such strong feelings of disgust towards so many people at the club yet have nothing to say about the owners.

• Like 9

Well, the likes of Waggott and Broughton (and Mowbray before them) are or were only interested in feathering their own nests and doing the bare minimum to keep the gravy train rolling on as long as possible.

Why do the owners let them get away with it? Probably because they can afford it and don't care enough and can't be arsed to put more effort in to try and change things and make us successful.

22 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I love how you have such strong feelings of disgust towards so many people at the club yet have nothing to say about the owners.

I've had plenty to say about them since the financial landscape changed. You along with my old mate roversfan99 just choose to disregard it.

39 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well, the likes of Waggott and Broughton (and Mowbray before them) are or were only interested in feathering their own nests and doing the bare minimum to keep the gravy train rolling on as long as possible.

Why do the owners let them get away with it? Probably because they can afford it and don't care enough and can't be arsed to put more effort in to try and change things and make us successful.

The first paragraph doesn’t happen without the environment the second one has created.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If you listened to the interview then you would have heard him say that he believes the main reason he got the job was due to his background in academy football.

It is the board or owners who have decided to go down that route,they obviously want the first team squad heavy with minimal spending in the transfer market.So in essence if it isnt Broughton it will just be another with an academy background and no experience of being a dof.

The interview was good in my eyes for the reason alone that once again Waggott has been found out lieing to supporters who have gone to see him for a chat.

Waggott claimed that both Hyam and Szmodic were on existing transfer lists from the previous regime and that JDT was already on the management shortlist before Broughton arrived.

Before you ask why do I believe Broughton and not Waggott.Broughton answered the questions put to him that would be broadcasted for many people to  see whilst Waggott hides in his office telling fans fairytales 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Upside Down said:

In the short time he's been here he's had FOUR deals the he's put together sabotaged by those above him. 

They're just the ones we know about. 

Impossible to judge whether he's any good or not given the circumstances he has to work under. Obviously some questions he has to answer politically as he's still employed by the club and unlike JDT he isn't a former champions league winner with millions in the bank.

It will be interesting to see how much longer he lasts here but I'm sure he's looking for an exit strategy. 

All part of appeasing us peasants. 

There all either corrupt  ,thick as chicken shit or delusional  ..

Arseholes.

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I've had plenty to say about them since the financial landscape changed. You along with my old mate roversfan99 just choose to disregard it.

To be fair, if you spend more time slagging off their employees, then it stands to reason that people will think you’ve more of a problem with them, than the owners themselves.

• Like 3

He told us quite a bit there if we break it down....

Squad small on PURPOSE to allow a 30% use of our own youth.

Admits the risks of that and trying to be competitive.

Been told there'll be Wharton money to reinvest (which means bugger all)

'Recommended' to the board 4 areas where it 'might' be invested.

Exposed the stupidity of previous transfer windows (directors not there, split over 2 sites, IT mob gone home )

Admits the Wharton sale was pushed by needing to set an example (we know it was pushed because of finance)

Human error for this windows cock up (he's covering for someone)

Highlighted the nonsense of letting 4 players go for nothing and how that impact carried over.

How many of those can be laid directly at the door of Waggot and the shadow director ?

I'd say most of them so why the hell are they still here earning 100's of thousands ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He told us quite a bit there if we break it down....

Squad small on PURPOSE to allow a 30% use of our own youth.

Admits the risks of that and trying to be competitive.

Been told there'll be Wharton money to reinvest (which means bugger all)

'Recommended' to the board 4 areas where it 'might' be invested.

Exposed the stupidity of previous transfer windows (directors not there, split over 2 sites, IT mob gone home )

Admits the Wharton sale was pushed by needing to set an example (we know it was pushed because of finance)

Human error for this windows cock up (he's covering for someone)

Highlighted the nonsense of letting 4 players go for nothing and how that impact carried over.

How many of those can be laid directly at the door of Waggot and the shadow director ?

I'd say most of them so why the hell are they still here earning 100's of thousands ?

Because they were doing exactly what they were told to do.

• Like 1

He's the DoF but what is he actually directing ?

Nothing, all he can do is recommend to the board and they ask (or don't) the owners and we know that goes the way the wind happens to be blowing, if indeed they get an answer at all.

Again all this goes through Suhail and Waggot so basically on first team matters GB is nowt more than a consultant or adviser he certainly isn't actually directing.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He's the DoF but what is he actually directing ?

Nothing, all he can do is recommend to the board and they ask (or don't) the owners and we know that goes the way the wind happens to be blowing, if indeed they get an answer at all.

Again all this goes through Suhail and Waggot so basically on first team matters GB is nowt more than a consultant or adviser he certainly isn't actually directing.

Fits in well here then.

A false Director Of Football at a false football club.

• Like 3