BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gregg Broughton

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Wrong.

The only remit this club should have is to be a top half premier league team. Like it was when these cunts took over.

That is the absolute bare minimum I will accept from them.

That's an ideology as well so forget about it.

It's done, gone, never happening under their watch whether it be two years or twenty and you can pin this !

51 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's an ideology as well so forget about it.

It's done, gone, never happening under their watch whether it be two years or twenty and you can pin this !

Standards. I won't drop mine until they are gone.

That's the absolute minimum I will accept from them. Anything else is total failure.

Nothing at Rovers makes any business or logical sense.

So statements like Broughton is a busted flush are entirely logical and because they are logical stand a high chance of being completely wrong.

Broughton and team have done an excellent job taking in consideration the circumstances whether by accident (Pune family falling out with each other causing erratic decisions and miscommunication) or design (every conspiracy theory and then some) plus Waggott self serving dirty internal power plays.

I am inclined to give him a huge benefit of the doubt.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 2

Iv'e nothing against Broughton i'm sure he didn't envisage some of the crap he was signing up for and most of it isn't his fault. I'd feel better if they sacked the Waggot and Shadow man and let him actually run the show although no guarantees which way it would go.

I do feel though that when he isn't signing known players with some pedigree for a fee and decent wage then he has been found badly wanting. And that is what he's here for under the current set up and he's unlikely to be given a transfer budget so the thought of more Ennis, Leo, Tele, Mola etc is very worrying.

Even Hirst which he papped on about in hindsight, yes he was obviously a player with championship potential but like Ennis and the others he just did not fit the then head coaches style.

Perhaps Eustace will have easier to fulfil requiements.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Polky said:

Fair play to Andy - he does press Gregg on a number of items. True to form though I feel like Gregg dodges pretty much all of them. Nothing against the bloke but he clearly has zero influence. There’s only one bloke who it would be worth hearing from at Ewood under a grilling (not Wagott) and it won’t ever happen.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 1

Hes made the board aware of his view of the admin error 

The admin side of the club are investigating this 

Reads to me football activities are not under Gregg, and Wag and co are investigating themselves? 

A significant money coming into the club and we will operate normally.  Is that normal football club normally, or Blackburn rovers normally? 

Sam Gallagher renewal is making my ears bleed 

GB on McGuire:

«It was purely a human error that made that happen. I do not really want to go into the details of what will happen on the back of that, the board of directors know my thoughts on it.»

This has to be a lie? To protect the BoD (who in reality pulled the 🔌 on the deal)?

If true… 🤯

I guess it’s 🤯 either way🤷‍♂️

The "human error" excuse is clearly a cover up. 

Thing that shocked me was we had a permanent deal agreed for £2.5m for Maguire, Venkys mess around with the Wharton deal, tell Orlando it is off, then a week later we're paying £3.5m for Maguire (plus probably a loan fee)! 

TBH I am sympathetic to whoever pulled the deal. Especially in hindsight Eustace might not want to sign him anyway.

14 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

The "human error" excuse is clearly a cover up. 

Thing that shocked me was we had a permanent deal agreed for £2.5m for Maguire, Venkys mess around with the Wharton deal, tell Orlando it is off, then a week later we're paying £3.5m for Maguire (plus probably a loan fee)! 

TBH I am sympathetic to whoever pulled the deal. Especially in hindsight Eustace might not want to sign him anyway.

It doesn't make much sense why we pulled the permanent deal in the first place. Broughton just says a permanent deal couldn't be agreed because the Wharton transfer took longer than expected. Yes there was a delay with the Wharton transfer, but that should have just delayed finalising the Maguire transfer. Once one was complete, the other should have been completed. 

I only got half way through the Jackson interview but we learn nothing other than confirming we are generally incompetent. How is there an enquiry to someone supposedly not pressing send still ongoing 2 months after the incident? 

He makes it clear that there is no commitment to spending anything on transfers in the summer because he has no idea if the goalposts will move like last season.

He also has thrown Waggot under the bus on 2 interviews now for being at Birmingham on transfer deadline day last year. Certain posters kept telling us that wasn't strange and that didn't contribute to the O'Brien failure. At least we know Gregg disagrees.

Edited by Hasta

1 hour ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Fair play to Andy - he does press Gregg on a number of items. True to form though I feel like Gregg dodges pretty much all of them. Nothing against the bloke but he clearly has zero influence. There’s only one bloke who it would be worth hearing from at Ewood under a grilling (not Wagott) and it won’t ever happen.

Yes, a bloke more anonymous than Coldplay's drummer.

I won't bother to listen to the interview. The club can't and won't change under these joker owners. It doesn't matter what Gregg says in an interview, he has very little influence despite being Director of Football.

We've heard this all before anyway and nothing changes. We had a "humour error" on two transfers last Jan and were told processes were in place to ensure it didn't happen again...it then happens again 12 months later!

• Like 2

The party line is 'human error'. That's what they are all saying because it is the only thing they can think up other than admitting that the problem lies in India, which will see immediate dismissal.

Of course it wasn't human error. Once and that might be believable, but to happen at least 3 times in a year and coincidentally only on the potential expensive / cash buys coming in and not on the frees, loans and sales, says it all.

There would never have been 'human error' on signing off the Adam Wharton cash bonanza coming in, that's for sure.

Liars the lot of them.

I've got no axe to grind with Broughton. I suspect he is well intentioned and would want to be successful here. But like so many before him he has fallen foul of a sham, a con, a facade of a normal well intentioned ambitious football club but scratch ever so slightly at the surface and the rotten reality becomes clear. He would be wise to plan his exit ASAP. It would be career suicide to remain here, only those with no ambition or no prospect of higher/better employment elsewhere would stick around here, hence being run by the lowlife we are.

• Like 7

I was driving home from work when I listened to this, so might have misheard.

But I'm sure early in the interview, GB states that the issues in India will have no financial impact on the club, including transfers.

Only to later confirm that it had caused a massive impact in the summer and it would also need resolving (along with knowing which division we're in) before we know what business we can do in the summer.

Which one is it?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, B16Rover said:

Hes made the board aware of his view of the admin error 

The admin side of the club are investigating this 

Reads to me football activities are not under Gregg, and Wag and co are investigating themselves? 

A significant money coming into the club and we will operate normally.  Is that normal football club normally, or Blackburn rovers normally? 

Sam Gallagher renewal is making my ears bleed 

A Gallagher contract extension would be the most sensible thing Broughton has done up to now. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The party line is 'human error'. That's what they are all saying because it is the only thing they can think up other than admitting that the problem lies in India, which will see immediate dismissal.

Of course it wasn't human error. Once and that might be believable, but to happen at least 3 times in a year and coincidentally only on the potential expensive / cash buys coming in and not on the frees, loans and sales, says it all.

There would never have been 'human error' on signing off the Adam Wharton cash bonanza coming in, that's for sure.

Liars the lot of them.

I've got no axe to grind with Broughton. I suspect he is well intentioned and would want to be successful here. But like so many before him he has fallen foul of a sham, a con, a facade of a normal well intentioned ambitious football club but scratch ever so slightly at the surface and the rotten reality becomes clear. He would be wise to plan his exit ASAP. It would be career suicide to remain here, only those with no ambition or no prospect of higher/better employment elsewhere would stick around here, hence being run by the lowlife we are.

only human error is poppa venky not wearing a jonny

• Like 6

Andy Bayes is a good journalist. Gregg is a smooth talker and has had a lot of time to prepare for the questions. 

It's too late. No guarantees for the summer. Total shambles of a club. Troy Deeney popping in training...hope he's not replacing Ben Rosen. 😂

I wonder which human made the error and why he/she has not been named.

This human thinks that’s a load of crap and in reality he daren’t say what the real reason is. 

• Like 2

Imo the more you hear from Broughton the more obvious it becomes he's only in it for the ride.

No guarantees given whatsoever regarding transfers going forward but "I've submitted my report". (Roughly translates as "I couldnt care less what happens after that - as long as I continue to get paid Im all right Jack")

And who in their right mind would retain some of their transfer budget? If you have a budget (subject to FFP) then you spend it all in the hope of doing as well as you possibly can NOW.  If things dont then work out you'd have to work on your wits and wheel and deal and tweak things about until they do work.

Hopefully Eustace won't want this guy hanging around for long - then at least it would be one less to worry about.