BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gregg Broughton

33 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He talks about the Watford game as a turning point when we were one up, relatively comfortable but doesn't mention why. Our keeper threw two into his goal costing us badly. This is a keeper who has individually cost us more than any other player.

Who signed him again?

There's now becoming two sides to Greg.

Do I believe Greg is actually pushing to try and get to use the Wharton and Raya money on new players. Yes. Do I believe he believes heads should roll for the Transfer Window cock ups. Yes. Someone above is stopping that happening. However at least someone in the club is still pushing for the correct course of action to be allowed to take place. I dont really blame him on those issues as its Waggot and above to blame.

But his judgment on Wahlstedt, Fleck, Travis, Ennis, Telalovic has been severely lacking regardless of budgets.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

In the words of Mandy Rice Davies "He would say that wouldn't he!."

Good at blaming one another aren't they - Waggott trying to make out Szmodics wasn't a Broughton choice and Broughton trying to dump the responsibility for Fleck onto Waggott - even though he is DOF.

I read it as Waggot told J*B himself that it was his transfer. Not Broughton who told him.

But it is ambiguous. Can you clarify @J*B

Edited by Hasta

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

There's now becoming two sides to Greg.

Do I believe Greg is actually pushing to try and get to use the Wharton and Raya money on new players. Yes. Do I believe he believes heads should roll for the Transfer Window cock ups. Yes.

Is he really though?

He talks a great game but I predict

1) The Wharton and Raya money will disappear on running costs.

2) No-one of any consequence will be sacked.

3) He'll still be here regardless happily drawing his salary and telling us he's filed his reports as to what he thinks SHOULD happen on various issues without actually telling us what those recommendations are or what his own views are, and without giving a **** whether his recommendations are implemented or not.

That's if you even believe he does submit recommendations. Every time he opens his mouth I just assume he is lying and the opposite is the case.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I read it as Waggot told J*B himself that it was his transfer. Not Broughton who told him.

You may be right. Broughton obviously didn't veto it though either way.

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is he really though?

He talks a great game but I predict

1) The Wharton and Raya money will disappear on running costs.

2) No-one of any consequence will be sacked.

3) He'll still be here regardless happily drawing his salary and telling us he's filed his reports as to what he thinks SHOULD happen on various issues without actually telling us what those recommendations are or what his own views are, and without giving a **** whether his recommendations are implemented or not.

That's if you even believe he does submit recommendations. Every time he opens his mouth I just assume he is lying and the opposite is the case.

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You may be right. Broughton obviously didn't veto it though either way.

Because I don't believe he can veto it. I think he can only recommend stuff and if Pasha / Waggot want it, he will get it. He doesn't have the authority above those two. That questions what is the point of Broughton other than to stand in front of the media and take flack, and I don't know. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's any good and he's only pushing for what is absolutely obvious to everyone else. But the penny-pinching attitude that see's no money spent and Travis at Ipswich is the work of Pasha, Waggot and ultimately Venkys.

Also, to think people will quit their job unless they have something else to go into it is just dumb. Rarely happens in the real world

• Like 1

Broughton actually said another deal nearly happened but didn't. He name checked our CEO as agreeing the deal with a club where he has contacts. PerkS would and that to the catalogue of errors and undermining which caused Tomasson to leave. Broughton must have felt usurped undermined too with that and the Fleck deal.

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's by far the most qualified man in the building (and was even when we had JDT and co employed). 

You have to learn on the job at times - it's his first time being a DoF. I'm not entirely sure why he gets caught up in all the hatred (well I do, but I won't go into that) - he's very much earned his crack at a DoF job. 

Now ideally you'd want a more experienced DoF to walk into a first-time DoF role at Ewood Park and set up the system - but who worth their salt is going to take on this gig?

"He's by far the most qualified man in the building" .... "who worth their salt is going to take on this gig"

Somewhat at odds.

The first comment is a blatant piece of crap in relation to JDT and Remy.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Yes, Waggott said that once we had sold Wharton we where running out of time to get a replacement in, he knew Fleck from a previous life and arranged the transfer to strengthen us. There was zero mention of any involvement from GB or John Eustace. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Broughton actually said another deal nearly happened but didn't. He name checked our CEO as agreeing the deal with a club where he has contacts. PerkS would and that to the catalogue of errors and undermining which caused Tomasson to leave. Broughton must have felt usurped undermined too with that and the Fleck deal.

Wasn't this the Fleck deal?

That Fleck move is the work of genuine incompetence and probably stopped that money going towards another deal like say for instance McGuires loan fee.

Waggot needs removing from this club immediately before he does any more damage as does the clown he works in tandem with.

The only thing that has covered for those two was Mowbrays experienced steady hand i think it was obvious him and Venus ran the football operation until the last season they were here.  Then in comes JDT who it seems was Broughtons pick, new gaffer bounce, does well, so what do they do ?

Don't back him and play a part in him giving up and starting to look elsewhere for new employment.

We are stuck with this ownership but there is no need to be stuck with these internal incompetent power grabbers, get them out by any means.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

"He's by far the most qualified man in the building" .... "who worth their salt is going to take on this gig"

Somewhat at odds.

The first comment is a blatant piece of crap in relation to JDT and Remy.

He has a UEFA Pro License (the highest level of coaching qualification available) and a Technical Director qualification.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He has a UEFA Pro License (the highest level of coaching qualification available) and a Technical Director qualification.

But unfortunately wouldn't know a decent player if he tripped over one.

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

In the words of Mandy Rice Davies "He would say that wouldn't he!."

Good at blaming one another aren't they - Waggott trying to make out Szmodics wasn't a Broughton choice and Broughton trying to dump the responsibility for Fleck onto Waggott - even though he is DOF.

" RevidgeBlue " .... are you now finding that using the Mandy Rice Davies reference is increasingly being met by blank uncomprehending looks from those younger than us ? I used it the other week, and from the faces staring back at me, you'd have thought I was speaking Hungarian !!

Jack Longstaff would be proud of you, though ... 😉

Edited by sympatheticclaret
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Wasn't this the Fleck deal?

I thought Broughton said it was a transfer that didn't to through. To be honest I can't be bothered listening again

Made me laugh when GB said we'd played particularly well when we went to 4 at the back v Boro, which was of course a forced change from the usual 5. I don't think he is a JE fan.

Edited by OJRovers

1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

Made me laugh when GB said we'd played particularly well when we went to 4 at the back v Boro, which was of course a forced change from the usual 5. I don't think he is a JE fan.

I would imagine the feeling is mutual.

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Not shooting the messenger here, but how many deals do we nearly get over the line, but ultimately don’t? Must be a record, I swear! 

• Like 1

I have listened to GB's interview with Elliott Jackson and I really enjoyed listened to him. He answered the questions and he has a plan how he would like to move the club forward playing squad wise and transfer wise. 

I agree with GB plans how to use the Wharton's money into 4 parts and it is a sensible plan and hopefully the board will listened to him. Given he is in charge of the footballing side he should be listened to. Will he? we will see. 

it is clear who was at fault for the 3 failed deadline day transfer signings and it isn't GB. It is people above him and as I have stated previously who I would have sack over this  

I will listened to the Andy Bayes one tonight on my way to work

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have listened to GB's interview with Elliott Jackson and I really enjoyed listened to him. He answered the questions and he has a plan how he would like to move the club forward playing squad wise and transfer wise. 

I agree with GB plans how to use the Wharton's money into 4 parts and it is a sensible plan and hopefully the board will listened to him. Given he is in charge of the footballing side he should be listened to. Will he? we will see. 

it is clear who was at fault for the 3 failed deadline day transfer signings and it isn't GB. It is people above him and as I have stated previously who I would have sack over this  

You believe some shit you do...GB is another gravy train rider who should be nowhere BRFC director of football he couldnt direct traffic

• Like 3

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Not shooting the messenger here, but how many deals do we nearly get over the line, but ultimately don’t? Must be a record, I swear! 

I know of four off the top of my head.

The three that were deliberately sabotaged on the deadline days and the Baath deal was pulled by the owners.

The Egg has done his interview and as expected hasn't said anything of note. How can he? He's not in the position to unload on them the way JDT did. 

As for the current situation at the club, it is once again one hundred percent down to the owners. Blaming the egg or maggot or even shadow man is just pointless. We've seen all of this before, a top manager ousted, all our best players sold off on the cheap, dodgy incomings of shit useless players on high wages. This was all done when they first took over and none of the three individuals mentioned above were here then. 

This is all venkys. They have done this before and they'll keep doing it. 

Ifyou are a supporter of venkys in any way then you are not, nor have you ever been a supporter of Blackburn Rovers. 

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

But unfortunately wouldn't know a decent player if he tripped over one.

In fairness, the good players he has lined up (eg O'Brien, Undav, etc) get conveniently scuppered by the club.

Yet we're able to piss £20k a week away on an overweight cripple, who won't play another minute for the club.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

He talks about the Wharton money as if it is coming into the club in one lump and will be separate from everything else so can be divided into 4 different areas ?

To me he was actually saying it could be used One or two of 4 different ways i can't think he's that naive that he really thinks there is going to be a giant pot to be divided up. I think we all know that from previous sales and now the financial issues the Wharton instalments will be used soley for running costs barring maybe a million for a couple of Pickering style signings.

Then we'll be told it's re-invested in youth to develop.

Gregg knows this and imo is just covering himself so when that happens he can say well i made my recommendations to the board public and they chose to go a different way.

Shrug of shoulders.

• Like 1