BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gregg Broughton

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

He talks about the Wharton money as if it is coming into the club in one lump and will be separate from everything else so can be divided into 4 different areas ?

To me he was actually saying it could be used One or two of 4 different ways i can't think he's that naive that he really thinks there is going to be a giant pot to be divided up. I think we all know that from previous sales and now the financial issues the Wharton instalments will be used soley for running costs barring maybe a million for a couple of Pickering style signings.

Then we'll be told it's re-invested in youth to develop.

Gregg knows this and imo is just covering himself so when that happens he can say well i made my recommendations to the board public and they chose to go a different way.

Shrug of shoulders.

Didn't hear that. Are you sure? Installments both way; incomings and outgoings. Can't be used as an excuse.

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

Didn't hear that. Are you sure? Installments both way; incomings and outgoings. Can't be used as an excuse.

The way he goes on about it in the first podcast to me comes across as if he's speaking about a big wedge that is available to put to use in several different directions.

Even if he's speaking hypothetically it's still a bit fairy tale he should be a bit more realistic it's the kind of talk that leads to disappointment and anger when the opposite happens.

He surely knows it's in instalments and the first one has likely already gone and if there is no funding from India for whatever reason the next one will be gone.  Also he said he'd been told it would be reinvested which isn't exactly set in stone seeing as a few months ago he was told he'd have the same budget as last year.  Then he was assuming that funding issued would have been sorted before now before delayed court cases messed it up.

I guess what i'm saying is he should be a bit more guarded and realistic in what he is projecting as he knows better how it could go really.

He's trading on hope and expectation rather than facts at the min.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Not shooting the messenger here, but how many deals do we nearly get over the line, but ultimately don’t? Must be a record, I swear! 

I really think that under these owners transfers are done too late in the window. With them apparently having to sign everything off and their penchant for mind changing it's a bad combination. I remember Samba and Nelsen, two of our best ever signings coming in on trial in the first few days of the January window. Under this lot everything is late or delayed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

I really think that under these owners transfers are done too late in the window. With them apparently having to sign everything off and their penchant for mind changing it's a bad combination. I remember Samba and Nelsen, two of our best ever signings coming in on trial in the first few days of the January window. Under this lot everything is late or delayed.

I agree. This is the crux of the matter.

I am convinced the McGuire deal was not signed off because there were significant future commitments that required the nod from Pune which wasn't possible at 11 pm UK time.  I am sure a lot of work went into agreeing a deal but if it's not approved in advance, Suhail will simply pull it.

On the other hand, Waggott has authority to sign off loan signings and freebies so the Fleck deal went through no problem - even at the ridiculous cost of £20,000 per week wages.

• Like 2

There needs to be an open line directly between the Rovers chief decision maker in Blackburn and the head Rao in Pune.

Iv'e long thought these things fail because of that and whoever is over there needs telling stay on the line no matter what time it is over there otherwise it's all a waste of time.

Months worth of work, negotiation and sometimes money down the pan because they can't get a direct nod from someone over there who doesn't want their daily duties interrupting, because that's how they operate. Will anyone in Blackburn tell them that ?

Will they balls.

17 hours ago, tomphil said:

He talks about the Wharton money as if it is coming into the club in one lump and will be separate from everything else so can be divided into 4 different areas ?

To me he was actually saying it could be used One or two of 4 different ways i can't think he's that naive that he really thinks there is going to be a giant pot to be divided up. I think we all know that from previous sales and now the financial issues the Wharton instalments will be used soley for running costs barring maybe a million for a couple of Pickering style signings.

Gregg knows this and imo is just covering himself so when that happens he can say well i made my recommendations to the board public and they chose to go a different way.

Shrug of shoulders.

Great point. Bullshit Broughton completely debunked in 2 seconds flat.

Pity none of the interviewers weren't on the ball and /or ballsy enough to ask

"So Gregg, as the Wharton money will be coming in in £6m installments AND you want to divide it 4 ways AND you say you want to keep some back, how far do you really think you will get spending £750k on the team?"

Would pay for another Wahlstedt I guess.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tomphil said:

Shrug of shoulders.

of course it can be and I will give you a working scenario

We brought in money from Wharton sale and Raya sell on clause so lets say it is £25m for this scenario. 

You can spend £7m for the summer transfer budget, add £2m to the wage budget for next season and the season after. So that's £11m then spend 3m on improve the club academy facilities and first team facilities. then save £3m for next January window. So that's, £17m spent whilst reducing the season debt by £8m     

On 28/03/2024 at 14:31, MarkBRFC said:

Wasn't this the Fleck deal?

no. It was another deal that didn't happen

28 minutes ago, tomphil said:

There needs to be an open line directly between the Rovers chief decision maker in Blackburn and the head Rao in Pune.

Iv'e long thought these things fail because of that and whoever is over there needs telling stay on the line no matter what time it is over there otherwise it's all a waste of time.

Months worth of work, negotiation and sometimes money down the pan because they can't get a direct nod from someone over there who doesn't want their daily duties interrupting, because that's how they operate. Will anyone in Blackburn tell them that ?

Will they balls.

This is why CEO along with Director of Football should be allow to make the decision as long as the deal is with the budget and finances of the club. 

If the owners don't trust the current CEO to make that decision and change the CEO and get someone in you trust to make the decisions. Plenty of good CEO with football and commercial background out there they could appoint where they could improve and grow the commercial operations here at Rovers

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We brought in money from Wharton sale and Raya sell on clause so lets say it is £25m for this scenario. 

You can spend £7m for the summer transfer budget, add £2m to the wage budget for next season and the season after. So that's £11m then spend 3m on improve the club academy facilities and first team facilities. then save £3m for next January window. So that's, £17m spent whilst reducing the season debt by £8m     

Sounds great Chaddy, I’m looking forward to seeing this model put into action next season.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Sounds great Chaddy, I’m looking forward to seeing this model put into action next season.

Its just example of how the scenario that GB said during his interview should work/could work

Edited by chaddyrovers

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its just example of how the scenario that GB said during his interview should work/could work

Stop believing him..hes a con artist with a silver tongue he should be nowhere near BRFC

A DOF rarely works in the UK especiallt under this messed up club

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Stop believing him..hes a con artist with a silver tongue he should be nowhere near BRFC

4 minutes ago, Athlete said:

I would be happier if Broughton could come out with a statement starting : This is how it will work.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

of course it can be and I will give you a working scenario

However by the summer there will be nothing like £25 million left in the pot. We are already living off the Wharton money now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Great point. Bullshit Broughton completely debunked in 2 seconds flat.

Pity none of the interviewers weren't on the ball and /or ballsy enough to ask

"So Gregg, as the Wharton money will be coming in in £6m installments AND you want to divide it 4 ways AND you say you want to keep some back, how far do you really think you will get spending £750k on the team?"

Would pay for another Wahlstedt I guess.

Doesnt matter what he says. Can have all the grand plans he wants, the real issue ie the owners will keep it all as they have no interest in improving the club and that is the issue.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Doesnt matter what he says. Can have all the grand plans he wants, the real issue ie the owners will keep it all as they have no interest in improving the club and that is the issue.

So in your eyes Broughton/Waggott/anyone else working at the Club gets a free pass and can perform as badly as they want?

• Moderation Lead
9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So in your eyes Broughton/Waggott/anyone else working at the Club gets a free pass and can perform as badly as they want?

They obviously don’t, but you seem very quick to blame the above, but criticise the owners a lot less, when they employ them all?

• Like 3

In my opinion, a DoF is a get out for managers ....

It is not my fault  , I didn't sign the players .

We need a manager , who knows a player !

Certainly, not this clown DoF !

Edited by Waggy76

7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

They obviously don’t, but you seem very quick to blame the above, but criticise the owners a lot less, when they employ them all?

And all of this shit has happened before and none of the above were here then.

It's all 100% venkys. Always has been, always will be. 

Anyone that doesn't understand that just needs to get themselves seen to by a professional. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I called Waggott a stupid idiot about 10 minutes ago. I repeatedly call him out as an incompetent clown who isnt capable of the job role he is employed to do and have wanted him out for years. Broughton is less blatantly bad but I havent seen anything to suggest that he is anything but out of his depth. So no, neither get a free pass. 

You are so reluctant to criticise the owners that you even have spent more time tonight pointing at lasting damage done by Mowbray and Venus! And the owners or moreso the issues the owners face then get a mention at the end in passing.

I have a question for you. Only one of Venkys, Waggott and Broughton can go and the decision is yours. The other 2 parties have to then stay at least for a couple of years so its a direct choice of who of the 3 is doing the most damage. Who do you pick?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rogerb said:

However by the summer there will be nothing like £25 million left in the pot. We are already living off the Wharton money now.

I assigned 8m for the running cost for the season didn't I?

Rev, *nobody* on here gives the likes of Swag ‘a free pass’, to a man the messsge board think he is an incompetent buffoon (at best) - so stop coming out with it every time you are called out for ignoring the Indian elephant in the room.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Rev, *nobody* on here gives the likes of Swag ‘a free pass’, to a man the messsge board think he is an incompetent buffoon (at best) - so stop coming out with it every time you are called out for ignoring the Indian elephant in the room.

I don't ignore the Indian elephant in the room though. Quite the opposite.

Although three posters in particular (yourself included) stalk practically every post I make accusing me of it. It's really boring and that apart you're an excellent poster.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I called Waggott a stupid idiot about 10 minutes ago. I repeatedly call him out as an incompetent clown who isnt capable of the job role he is employed to do and have wanted him out for years. Broughton is less blatantly bad but I havent seen anything to suggest that he is anything but out of his depth. So no, neither get a free pass. 

You are so reluctant to criticise the owners that you even have spent more time tonight pointing at lasting damage done by Mowbray and Venus! And the owners or moreso the issues the owners face then get a mention at the end in passing.

I have a question for you. Only one of Venkys, Waggott and Broughton can go and the decision is yours. The other 2 parties have to then stay at least for a couple of years so its a direct choice of who of the 3 is doing the most damage. Who do you pick?

Do you have an answer to the question in the final paragraph @RevidgeBlue