BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gregg Broughton

- McGuire..........doesn't say why we the permanent transfer got cancelled. We know Gregg. They were 'disappointed not to get it over the line'. Down the human error. He seems miffed and blaming the 'directors'. 

- Big difference to the O'brien fiasco....he doesn't take accountability for the McGuire farce.

- He mentions JDT plenty of times - clearly not over that or anything to do with him going. Said he chose JDT when he came in. 

- Says 'things came to a head' with JDT in Dec/Jan and a change was inevitable (I reckon he knew about the Sweden thing). Does NOT say he chose Eustace. Did claim Kidderminster were the 'Barcelona of non-league football....

- Says he has no idea what the transfer budget or wage budget is, unlike in 2022 the first window. 

- Ben Rosen found Szmodics apparently. Good job he has left then...

- Says it was Wharton's agent and Adam that pushed for the move once Crystal Palace came in. States Rovers wanted to keep him until the end of the season.

- Swerves the question on reinvesting the Wharton money. Read....we aren't going to see any. Talks about investing it across the '4 key areas of the club'. Recommended it gets spent over the 'long term'. States the summer investment won't be affected.

- Goes on again about young players and style of play.

- Suhail is gatekeeper to the owners.

The guy interviewing him did a good job. Didnt give him an easy ride.

Oh my.....we are a mess.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Trinidad Rover said:

- McGuire..........doesn't say why we the permanent transfer got cancelled. We know Gregg. They were 'disappointed not to get it over the line'. Down the human error. He seems miffed and blaming the 'directors'. 

- Big difference to the O'brien fiasco....he doesn't take accountability for the McGuire farce.

- He mentions JDT plenty of times - clearly not over that or anything to do with him going. Said he chose JDT when he came in. 

- Says 'things came to a head' with JDT in Dec/Jan and a change was inevitable (I reckon he knew about the Sweden thing). Does NOT say he chose Eustace. Did claim Kidderminster were the 'Barcelona of non-league football....

- Says he has no idea what the transfer budget or wage budget is, unlike in 2022 the first window. 

- Ben Rosen found Szmodics apparently. Good job he has left then...

- Says it was Wharton's agent and Adam that pushed for the move once Crystal Palace came in. States Rovers wanted to keep him until the end of the season.

- Swerves the question on reinvesting the Wharton money. Read....we aren't going to see any. Talks about investing it across the '4 key areas of the club'. Recommended it gets spent over the 'long term'. States the summer investment won't be affected.

- Goes on again about young players and style of play.

- Suhail is gatekeeper to the owners.

The guy interviewing him did a good job. Didnt give him an easy ride.

Oh my.....we are a mess.

Do you think the interviewer was good? I thought he lacked knowledge and once he had asked a question, he moved on and never probed further for clarity.

The crap about having a tight squad is a necessity because the budget isn't competitive enough to have an average sized squad.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

New Broughton interview on YouTube…note it isn’t with or by the club.

Broughton Interview - International break

I reckon he’s off.

As honest, open and reasonable as any employee/staff member can be.... Clearly admits as best he publicly can that the issues lay with Waggots office undermining and pulling the rug away from all the good hard work that does go on behind the scenes. 

Sadly I cant see the vile scumbags waggot & pasha going anywhere so it looks like GB will be banished to the broom cupboard unless they pay him off or he leaves of his own accord. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you think the interviewer was good? I thought he lacked knowledge and once he had asked a question, he moved on and never probed further for clarity.

The crap about having a tight squad is a necessity because the budget isn't competitive enough to have an average sized squad.

Every question was a closed question…

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

do we really believe that adam wanted to go to crystal palace!!!!!!!!!!! and was`nt it convinient that the move happened at the last minute so there was`nt time to give the manager a chance of a replacement,another serial bull****** in the ewood corridors

• Like 1

Has Adam ever said publicly that he didn’t want to go, not as far as I could see? How many footballers would risk losing a massive contract that could set them up for life, probably none I would suggest. A major injury could jeopardise a move for starters. I think GB is correct in his assessment of the transfer, the issue was not releasing any funds for a replacement.

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

do we really believe that adam wanted to go to crystal palace!!!!!!!!!!! and was`nt it convinient that the move happened at the last minute so there was`nt time to give the manager a chance of a replacement,another serial bull****** in the ewood corridors

"Integrate academy players whilst operating on a small budget, that how we see our way back to the PL"

Good luck with that one.

The club have let him speak via this route to see how the market receives it before they put there stamp of support on him.

That interview was a pre arranged game of softball.

I now have better things to do than watch Broughton. I'm off to watch our Sammie.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

As an alternative….the interviewer from ‘Training Ground Guru’ with no affiliation to Rovers could have chosen not to ask any questions on contentious subjects. He did. 

Guess it’s how you perceive it.

To be fair, this was my take as well. Yes, as a Rovers fan, I would have probed and pushed harder but for someone with no affiliation with Rovers, I thought he tried to raise the reported issues.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Giant said:

Has Adam ever said publicly that he didn’t want to go, not as far as I could see? How many footballers would risk losing a massive contract that could set them up for life, probably none I would suggest. A major injury could jeopardise a move for starters. I think GB is correct in his assessment of the transfer, the issue was not releasing any funds for a replacement.

I think a poster, or posters, with close links to the family have suggested that Adam didn’t want the move. With no knowledge, my thoughts are that he loves Rovers and would have liked to stay but financial pragmatism meant that he was never going to turn such a move down.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, damo100 said:

What an absolute setup.

After months of thinking this through, this was the best avenue to take. 

You're fooling no one Greg.

Disgraceful yet again from the club.

He should have been pushed really hard on the Maguire fiasco. Broughton missed out Currygate, the tossers filling their faces with a celebration nosebag with no one making sure the administration was done. Alternatively, a Sharjan banquet to celebrate another successful window and pulling the wool over everyone’s eyes, human error and we did all we can 😡😡

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tomphil said:

'Our squad is small enough, PURPOSEFULLY'

FFS there you have it, nothing more than a development club.

AND then loan out experience.

You couldn't make it up.

I've only watched about 20 mins so far, TBH I find him creepy in a worrying way, but it's been focused a lot so far on youth and the academy which is his only area of some experience.

A Broughton promotional when job hunting

10 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

AND then loan out experience.

You couldn't make it up.

I've only watched about 20 mins so far, TBH I find him creepy in a worrying way, but it's been focused a lot so far on youth and the academy which is his only area of some experience.

A Broughton promotional when job hunting

He speaks well as always but can't help get away from it sounding like a bit of an ideology rather than the early stages of a cold hard plan.

He can recommend wise words all he wants about how to reinvest and all these other clubs in the early stages of their models but he is fooling no one only himself on the chances of that happening here.  His model is a non starter if all they are really doing is producing and cashing in to pay the bills.

It will go the opposite way to the scenario he is promoting.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He speaks well as always but can't help get away from it sounding like a bit of an ideology rather than the early stages of a cold hard plan.

He can recommend wise words all he wants about how to reinvest and all these other clubs in the early stages of their models but he is fooling no one only himself on the chances of that happening here.  His model is a non starter if all they are really doing is producing and cashing in to pay the bills.

It will go the opposite way to the scenario he is promoting.

They were implementing the plan, but the owners (and the CEO, the shadow man) have repeatedly cut costs over the last 18+ months. 

I'm amazed Broughton is still here to be honest - he must have his CV out around the football world looking for a lifeline from this circus. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They were implementing the plan, but the owners (and the CEO, the shadow man) have repeatedly cut costs over the last 18+ months. 

I'm amazed Broughton is still here to be honest - he must have his CV out around the football world looking for a lifeline from this circus. 

Hence this promotional podcast

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Assume it would have to be a step back to being an academy director though and that's why he'll cling on here a bit longer. Come summer when he sees no budget and all Raya and Wharton money being liquidised in running costs with the Sammie fee next in line i suspect he'll bail.

If he is being paid really well then probably not.