BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

We are going down (the pessimism thread)

@superniko with some stellar forum work.

Checked the odds on

Leicester win, Plymouth win, Birmingham win and Sheffield Wednesday to draw or win (Covering both permutations that send us down)

The odds have shifted on Bet365 slightly, now out at 19.8/1 from 18/1

If you do think we'll go down, then thats better odds than the 12/1 on us to be relegated in the 'Outright' betting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rog of the rovers said:

Checked the odds on

Leicester win, Plymouth win, Birmingham win and Sheffield Wednesday to draw or win (Covering both permutations that send us down)

If you do think we'll go down, then thats better odds than the 12/1 on us to be relegated in the 'Outright' betting

To be fair I posted a couple of days ago I had done this. With Ipswich win or draw added against Hull. I got 28/1 with an odds boost

Edited by Lucimo

2 hours ago, Lucimo said:

But they do occasionally 😵‍💫. Leicester to win the prem 5000/1, Brereton Diaz to score 20 goals 1000/1. Rovers to go down at only 18/1. Its worrying times.

Edited by Lucimo

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Stick your savings on it then

Only stuck £20 on as I'm not a complete idiot. Of course I would much rather be in our position than Plymouth, brum or Sheffield but fair play to those who are relaxed about the situation based on the bookies rarely getting it wrong, cos I'm shitting bricks.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Checked the odds on

Yes it looks like odds on Leicester have drifted after sealing the title last night. Amazingly they're 1.71-1.72 to win on the Exchange, which equates to 8/11 in old money - i.e only 58% chance of beating us! 

It's a very tricky thing to price up though given 'motivation' etc. If this was earlier in the season it would have been considerably shorter, e.g. Leeds were 1/3 to beat us a few weeks ago (75% chance), which is probably what we would have seen Saturday too. 

Personally, I think 8/11 is a bet, they're still going for 100 points and we know how soft our lot are. There is no chance someone like Vardy will be taking it easy just because the title is already wrapped up.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Lucimo said:

Only stuck £20 on as I'm not a complete idiot. Of course I would much rather be in our position than Plymouth, brum or Sheffield but fair play to those who are relaxed about the situation based on the bookies rarely getting it wrong, cos I'm shitting bricks.

Agreed. Far stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Leicester going for 100 points and are going to face the softest team in world football. The easiest game they'll have all year.

We are definitely reliant on 1 of three clubs to lose or draw. Not realistically in our hands.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, superniko said:

Yes it looks like odds on Leicester have drifted after sealing the title last night. Amazingly they're 1.71-1.72 to win on the Exchange, which equates to 8/11 in old money - i.e only 58% chance of beating us! 

It's a very tricky thing to price up though given 'motivation' etc. If this was earlier in the season it would have been considerably shorter, e.g. Leeds were 1/3 to beat us a few weeks ago (75% chance), which is probably what we would have seen Saturday too. 

Personally, I think 8/11 is a bet, they're still going for 100 points and we know how soft our lot are. There is no chance someone like Vardy will be taking it easy just because the title is already wrapped up.

This made me think of the stick that the N01 gave him about his wife in the reverse fixture. He ain't gonna let up is he.

Posted (edited)

So its the fans fault again, thanks for the input steve

Cuppliance

•  

This made me think of the stick that the N01 gave him about his wife in the reverse fixture. He ain't gonna let up is he.

Edited by ABBEY
  • Downvote 1

There is an air of predictability about today. I can see us slip into the relegation places on goal difference with 10 mins to go.

For those of us on this thread back before Xmas it has felt inevitable all season with the performances, management, squad quality and circus off the field.

I just hope that come 2:30pm we scrape through and we can all just forgot this season ever happened. With 6 home wins all season it shouldn’t be hard to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

One home win since mid December, only one on a Saturday between October and the end - must be one of our worst ever home campaigns…

looking forward for when they eventually decide to put STs on sale; ‘forget about our neighbours doing them for £200-£300, roll up roll up for more of the same for £400-£500+!’

To make things even worse, looks like Notlob will be back up and with a full stadium. A club rekindled through proper stewardship and a pricing policy aimed at re-connecting with its natural supporter base. Meanwhile, a few miles down the road, ‘Nothing to see here’ ‘We did all we could’. FFS Swag and Pune, get out of our club.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

Said it two years ago that Bolton like Ipswich, Coventry etc are yet another similar sized club who've been to hell and will come back to pass our water treading shrunken outfit in the near future.

Then we'll be told we just cannot compete with these bigger town/city fanbase clubs in order to cover up the Venky/Waggot/Pasha managed decline.

How many of those are owned by billionaires ?

How many got thousands of fans more when they were shit ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 8

And there will be fans still supporting the owners as we battle for a play off place in League 2 in a few seasons time. That's what annoys me, the absolute subservience and delusion that we should not aspire for better than a load of poo. There's some 1984 double think going on in some parts.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

And there will be fans still supporting the owners as we battle for a play off place in League 2 in a few seasons time. That's what annoys me, the absolute subservience and delusion that we should not aspire for better than a load of poo. There's some 1984 double think going on in some parts.

You'd need a brain to think. These fucking lemmings haven't got a Braincell between them.