BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

We are going down (the pessimism thread)

As II said a couple of pages back, lose all 3 and we deserve to go down. There is a very serious chance of that happening now, as the easiest of those games has now been played and of course we managed to lose that in spectacular fashion. 

1 hour ago, philipl said:

If Birmingham win at Huddersfield I think we are certainly down.

Birmingham will beat Norwich at home last day. Norwich will already be in the play offs and will make tons of changes like Huddersfield did last time we went down.

With Wednesday having gone WDDW, I easily see them getting 4 points from here.

I'm not even that confident another point saves us anymore from here unless QPR lose both.

Edited by Hasta

The ironic thing is, I'd expect a good number of our players to request moves back to the championship when we are relegated, as they'll say they are championship level players.

Couldn't imagine any of:

Hyam, Hedges, Sigurdsson, Tronstad, Wharton, Szmodics, Travis, JRC, Dolan, Gallagher, Carter, Brittain or Pickering wanting to stick it out in league 1.

That's 13 players who would want out and I can't imagine the club would stand in their way as it shifts pretty much everyone on a reasonable wedge out of the club.

Leonard, Garrett, O'Riordan, Gent, Gilsenan, Buckley, Markanday, Telalovic, Vale and Batty are what we'd be left with 😬

There will be a few I’d imagine who would want to put things right and who are hardly going to have teams busting down the door to get them

wharton

jrc 

Pickering 

but yes loads of changes needed regardless of what league we are in 

18 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

There will be a few I’d imagine who would want to put things right and who are hardly going to have teams busting down the door to get them

wharton

jrc 

Pickering 

but yes loads of changes needed regardless of what league we are in 

I can't imagine there will be too many who want to put things right tbh. I doubt many of them give a crap.

Fair enough, I could see Wharton, JRC and Pickering falling into that category if I had to choose.

Still, I'd expect a good number will want out (assuming someone will take them) it'll be a huge turnover of players and I can't imagine Venkys putting much up for an overhaul.

I don't see us coming back at the first attempt.

Edited by davulsukur

21 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I can't imagine there will be too many who want to put things right tbh. I doubt many of them give a crap.

Fair enough, I could see Wharton, JRC and Pickering falling into that category if I had to choose.

Still, I'd expect a good number will want out (assuming someone will take them) it'll be a huge turnover of players and I can't imagine Venkys putting much up for an overhaul.

I don't see us coming back at the first attempt.

As long as venkys are around we'll never be coming back.

We'll be getting relegated next season. Regardless of what division we're in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lraC said:

As II said a couple of pages back, lose all 3 and we deserve to go down. There is a very serious chance of that happening now, as the easiest of those games has now been played and of course we managed to lose that in spectacular fashion. 

It was a shocking performance and result yesterday, but I would argue that next Saturday's game is potentially 'easier', because the opposition may have nothing to play for, (depending on their midweek result).

Wednesday were always going to come out and scrap.

It will be what our players make it, and we need the spirit of Leeds away, rather than the standard home garbage.

Edited by martonrover

32 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

As long as venkys are around we'll never be coming back.

We'll be getting relegated next season. Regardless of what division we're in.

Agree with this. If Rovers stay up this season it'll only be delaying the inevitable. More cost cutting in the summer with Szmodics and probably one or two others will leave to generate some income and will be replaced with young loans from the top division, or cheapo permanent signings of injury prone players (Fleck) or inexperienced at Championship level (Telalovic).

I can see us easily spending some time in League Two in the near future should Venkys still be stinking out the club, and its an awfully long way back from there.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, martonrover said:

It was a shocking performance and result yesterday, but I would argue that next Saturday's game is potentially 'easier', because the opposition may have nothing to play for, (depending on their midweek result).

Wednesday were always going to come out and scrap.

It will be what our players make it, and we need the spirit of Leeds away, rather than the standard home garbage.

I didn't see the game yesterday, as I was on a flight and can't bring myself to watch the highlights.

I think there is a strong possibility that Coventry will have nothing to play for and just hope we can get the first home win under Eustace.

It is on a knife edge for me and I really do fear the worst now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lraC said:

I didn't see the game yesterday, as I was on a flight and can't bring myself to watch the highlights.

I think there is a strong possibility that Coventry will have nothing to play for and just hope we can get the first home win under Eustace.

Depends on their midweek result.

Lets hope they don't win.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lraC said:

You really need to watch Sheff Weds 3rd goal from yesterday, just to reaffirm why Pears should never play for the club again.

And to think, people on here were actually suggesting him replacing TK as our No.1 was fine.

He's absolute garbage.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hasta said:

Birmingham will beat Norwich at home last day. Norwich will already be in the play offs and will make tons of changes like Huddersfield did last time we went down.

With Wednesday having gone WDDW, I easily see them getting 4 points from here.

I'm not even that confident another point saves us anymore from here unless QPR lose both.

This sort of chat always seems to happen after we lose.

Birmingham couldn't even beat an already relegated side at the weekend, why are they all of a sudden going to beat both Huddersfield and Norwich?

Sheff Wed against WBA, WBA played really well at Leicester and need another win to cement there play off place. Sunderland on the last day I give you is very winnable.

Plymouth will get bullied at Milwall and get beat there fairly comfortably I think, last day at home to Hull depends what Hull turn up I suppose.

We were all saying the same after Bristol City and managed to pull a result out of nowhere at the Leeds game, I don't think we'll lose to Cov as after Wednesday they will be out on there feet by the time we play them, can see a draw.

For the record, I think we're dreadful, and if it was just us up against one other side, or if we were in the bottom 3 right now I would be saying that we would definitely be going down.

As it stands though, like I have said too much needs to happen for us to go down, next season I agree with whoever said we go down wherever we are.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Imagine being relegated because someone couldn't click "send".

Of course, that's what they want us all to believe.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

You really need to watch Sheff Weds 3rd goal from yesterday, just to reaffirm why Pears should never play for the club again.

And to think, people on here were actually suggesting him replacing TK as our No.1 was fine.

He's absolute garbage.

Interestingly, though Hyam was also at fault, the first one to me is worse - because he keeps doing it.

I can't remember who but someone posted a short video of I think 5 examples of howlers he has made this season, and 3 of the 5 were him thundering out of the box, heading it to the opposition and getting lobbed.

Once is a mistake, three plus times is a pattern. I said at the time that Pears and Hyam shared the blame and I still stand by that assessment, if not more so now I've seen that clip.

26 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Interestingly, though Hyam was also at fault, the first one to me is worse - because he keeps doing it.

I can't remember who but someone posted a short video of I think 5 examples of howlers he has made this season, and 3 of the 5 were him thundering out of the box, heading it to the opposition and getting lobbed.

Once is a mistake, three plus times is a pattern. I said at the time that Pears and Hyam shared the blame and I still stand by that assessment, if not more so now I've seen that clip.

Hyam definitely culpable in the first. Not really his fault for the 3rd though.

51 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Birmingham couldn't even beat an already relegated side at the weekend, why are they all of a sudden going to beat both Huddersfield and Norwich?

They don't need to. They only need to beat 1 of them - either a Huddersfield who were shambolic at the weekend or a resting Norwich reserves. You seriously can't see them possibly winning 1 of those 2 games?

Yet Useless will pick Pears and Hyam for the coventry game. 

Any other club they would be out of the team straight away. 

There's just no accountability at the club top to bottom.

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

He's absolute garbage.

I have now watched it (couldn't bring myself to yesterday) and oh my goodness.

Apparently there are people suggesting there is something suspicious about it on social media. I am not too sure myself, although he didn't seem to attempt to save it, after the error.

My guess is Birmingham and Wednesday both get to 50 points (Wednesday losing to WBA). 

We likely need 1 point to scrape it on GD, though Plymouth could easily lose both of theirs too.

Leicester will probably need at least a point from us to assure their promotion spot, so I'm writing that off.

Let's say we get a point from Coventry.  For us to then go down, Plymouth would 2 points, Wednesday 4 points (due to GD), and Birmingham 4 points.

All very possible.

I think if we beat Cov, we're safe. But I very much doubt that we will. 

26 minutes ago, lraC said:

I have now watched it (couldn't bring myself to yesterday) and oh my goodness.

Apparently there are people suggesting there is something suspicious about it on social media. I am not too sure myself, although he didn't seem to attempt to save it, after the error.

Yeah I can't work that last bit out either. Didn't even attempt to make a last ditch effort to save it.

9 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Leicester will probably need at least a point from us to assure their promotion spot, so I'm writing that off.

Let's say we get a point from Coventry.  For us to then go down, Plymouth would 2 points, Wednesday 4 points (due to GD), and Birmingham 4 points.

All very possible.

I think if we beat Cov, we're safe. But I very much doubt that we will. 

If we get 1 point it would also require Stoke and QPR picking up 1 point from their final two (QPR play Leeds and Coventry) as we all have the same GD.

Individually, all possible or likely, however, for all of those things to happen it becomes quite a big probability.

Suspect our GD will look a lot worse after the final day. It is likely to be worse than Birmingham's.

-6 between Bristol and Wednesday absolutely blew it. 5 or 6 individual errors too.

After yesterday I'm fully expecting 2 more losses and a relegation, which is everything the board, owners and to some extent the players deserve.

Edited by Ghost7

3 minutes ago, superniko said:

If we get 1 point it would also require Stoke and QPR picking up 1 point from their final two (QPR play Leeds and Coventry) as we all have the same GD.

Individually, all possible or likely, however, for all of those things to happen it becomes quite a big probability.

I think that's why the bookmakers have us at 10/1.

It shows how far we have fallen though, hoping we can pick up a point at home to Coventry in our final home game and take it to 8 with no home wins for the new manager.

It is bound to be at the forefront of his thoughts then, so 5 at the back again this week at home.