BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

52 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

OK I'll bite.

The "evidence" against GB.

Hirst, Telalovic, Ennis, Wahlstedt, Mola

The Transfer window debacle last January.

One entry on the credit side, a signing we paid top dollar for who has unexpectedly exceeded expectations this season after a poor first campaign in Szmodics.

Next best, big money paid for Hyam who I'd say is average at best and now seems to be proving a bit injury prone.

"Prejudice" indeed.

The same Hirst who has done well at Ipswich. 

Telalovic is getting better each game. 

Szmodics has been outstanding this season. Hyam and Quality signings plus Sigurdsson, Moran and Hill all proven to be good signings

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Szmodics was dreadful in the first half of last season, if he'd have performed a bit better we'd have made the play offs.

Conversely I thought Hyam was really poor in the second half of last season and seemingly hasn't been good this season.

I haven't seen much of Tronstad this season as Waggott has temporarily finished me off attending in person but from what I've seen on TV he's a bit of a nothing player, the stats also say no goals no assists and we're in 17th so it doesn't strike me he's pulling up any trees.

Tronstad is defensive midfielder who plays the 6 role as JDT wants. Hence why Travis wants out. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The same Hirst who has done well at Ipswich. 

Telalovic is getting better each game. 

Szmodics has been outstanding this season. Hyam and Quality signings plus Sigurdsson, Moran and Hill all proven to be good signings

Tronstad is defensive midfielder who plays the 6 role as JDT wants. Hence why Travis wants out. 

Doesn't matter Hirst has done well at Ipswich. He was abysmal here and a poor signing for us.

Similarly Telalovic has done nothing. 

I'll give you/ GB Szmodics.

Hyam/Siggy/Moran/Hill - Meh.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Szmodics was dreadful in the first half of last season, if he'd have performed a bit better we'd have made the play offs.

Conversely I thought Hyam was really poor in the second half of last season and seemingly hasn't been good this season.

I haven't seen much of Tronstad this season as Waggott has temporarily finished me off attending in person but from what I've seen on TV he's a bit of a nothing player, the stats also say no goals no assists and we're in 17th so it doesn't strike me he's pulling up any trees.

Well I fundamentally disagree with nearly all of what you've said so I'll just leave it there.

• Like 3

I might get shot for this ...but in my opinion Trav out is a brilliant decision and will result in our turn of form. Our recent from is not due to our inability but rather some kind of mental issue within the squad where some shrugging of shoulders and faces of fustration and i could swear on one of the defeats i saw trav was smiling ,like some kind of vindication. Maybe his voice is louder among the young players than hyam or szmodics ....only time will tell ...

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Doesn't matter Hirst has done well at Ipswich. He was abysmal here and a poor signing for us.

Similarly Telalovic has done nothing. 

I'll give you/ GB Szmodics.

Hyam/Siggy/Moran/Hill - Meh.

I dont get how you argue/debate Szmodics, Hyam, Sigurdsson, Moran and Hill have been good to excellent signings. 

Telalovic is improving game by game

• Like 2

The transfer policy which has cost us is not so much individual player selection as the finances which restrict numbers.

Show me a club which gets ALL its player purchases and loans right.

Show me a Championship goal scoring forward signed permanently this summer for under 1m.

We took a gamble in balancing between quality as reflected in transfers and wages and quantity then got hit by an abnormal if not unusual prolonged injury list. Almost all of the season we have had at least 5 unavailable and at least 8 and sometimes 10 during the current bad run of results which also coincided with being on the wrong end of bad referees. 

My issue with Venkys is their cavalier stupidity in their first seasons with us not only cost us a superb club organisation and Premier League status but Indian jurisdiction found them to be lawless and the consequences of a property purchase and a birthday party a dozen years ago are a severely damaged 2023/24 season.

Poking holes in a Director of Football who picked up a lower league midfielder for a relative pittance who is now the runaway Championship leading scorer and a coach as respected and dare I say it, loved, as much as JDT is not helping anybody.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 7

Remember when the club used to bang on about how good our European scouting network was. The gag being we never signed anyone from the continent. Until kaminski years later and I can’t recall anyone since. Whatever happened to that or like everything else was it smoke and mirrors all along. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

We might have to on the field in a month or two unless results improve.

You fancy fighting a relegation battle with a bunch of kids and loanee kids ?

Forget the wartime retoric, I would fancy playing football matches with the best available players. JDT must think Travis is not one of those.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hi Mack said:

No, if Szmodics says tomorrow he wants to leave do we loan him out to Leeds? He’s our player and brings experience and bite.

We have a weaker squad than yesterday. Great work! You know you can question the hierarchy Chaddy you won’t set on fire.

Personally I will wait to see how the signings perform before judging whether our squad is weaker or not.

2 hours ago, miqaayil said:

I might get shot for this ...but in my opinion Trav out is a brilliant decision and will result in our turn of form. Our recent from is not due to our inability but rather some kind of mental issue within the squad where some shrugging of shoulders and faces of fustration and i could swear on one of the defeats i saw trav was smiling ,like some kind of vindication. Maybe his voice is louder among the young players than hyam or szmodics ....only time will tell ...

Or.....

It works the other way.

I agree the recent issues extend further than just ability, the body language of numerous players doesn't seem right at all.

What if Travis was speaking up on behalf of the other players though and JDT has took a disliking to this and shown him the door? As jolly and likeable as JDT may appear at times, he's clearly stubborn and opinionated.

I hope you're right though for the sake of the team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, miqaayil said:

I agree mate. Despite what he " could " bring to the team if he wants out get him gone. Don't need negativity in the squad and player bickering on top of the shambles we already have.

13 hours ago, Polky said:

Not available for tomorrow.

Who is this kid?

Can't see if he has played for villa yet?

Like for like replacement with hill?

Do we even have a transfer strategy or just taking anyone that will come?

33 minutes ago, 47er said:

You know Travis wants out? Evidence?

"It's not official yet but he is going away," Tomasson said. "Trav came to the club in the summer and said that he wanted to go away.

"He didn't succeed in the summer and then he came back in October and said he wanted to go away. The reason are that he wanted to play every week in position six, defensive midfield.

"When a player wants to go away like that, that's the dynamic of football. He now has the opportunity to play at another club for a couple of months. "

From LT JDT interview 

15 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Who is this kid?

He's a left back so more likely backup for Pickering. Looks like a decent youth record but beyond that there's not much to go off.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 47er said:

You know Travis wants out? Evidence?

Really? JDT'S press conference where he fully explained the Travis wanted out twice. JDT is very open and honest with the fans. What more evidence do you want? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Who is this kid?

He's 6 ft tall, 6 feet. He's a miracle, not a Brighton midget.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

"It's not official yet but he is going away," Tomasson said. "Trav came to the club in the summer and said that he wanted to go away.

"He didn't succeed in the summer and then he came back in October and said he wanted to go away. The reason are that he wanted to play every week in position six, defensive midfield.

"When a player wants to go away like that, that's the dynamic of football. He now has the opportunity to play at another club for a couple of months. "

From LT JDT interview 

I hadn't seen that so fair enough but, if he was picked he'd wish to stay wouldn't he? Having been left out so regularly it seems to me he's been given little choice.

Its as good as being forced out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, philipl said:

Poking holes in a Director of Football who picked up a lower league midfielder for a relative pittance who is now the runaway Championship leading scorer and a coach as respected and dare I say it, loved, as much as JDT is not helping anybody.

Yeah, if you're watching, Gregg, soz and any chance of a lollipop?

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Really? JDT'S press conference where he fully explained the Travis wanted out twice. JDT is very open and honest with the fans. What more evidence do you want? 

the presser also said he wanted to play , bit of a two faced answer .

If trav was playing do you think hed want away?

do you think tactics need changing and a new style implementing after our bottom of the form league is providing or you happy to lose week in week out makibatin over all things at rovers?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

the presser also said he wanted to play , bit of a two faced answer .

If trav was playing do you think hed want away?

Like I said previously he isn't playing cos of Tronstad form and tha fact he can't the role he wants. Simple as. He asked twice to move on

3 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

do you think tactics need changing and a new style implementing after our bottom of the form league is providing or you happy to lose week in week out makibatin over all things at rovers?

I posted last night saying I wouldn't be changing formation, tactics and style of play. It's the best way for us to play and don't forget that before recent games we won 6 games in 8 games

2 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

are you not posting the negative coventry posts or does that not suit the remit from venkywashing?

Nope. Nothing to do with the owners. Only interested in GB and jDT's comments