BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

I have no faith in Leo or Pears....we need an experienced keeper in this window. I think Leo needs an experienced keeper to learn from, he wasn't quite ready when Pears got injured and the confidence has been given a wipe.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Neither was Armarni Bell apparently.

Another is Jason Steele. Dreadful with us (almost as bad as Wahlstedt), now playing Premier League. Defies belief

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Ennis favours a move down south, he's just waiting on the right interest. Barnsley nightlife ain't really for him. Suspect he'll end up at a London club.

Surely Charlton would suit him well.

8 hours ago, Clive 62 said:

We’re being run as an academy club. First team results are less important than player development, promotion has never been the aim under this lot. It’s all about finding young promising players and making them better. No point having a player like Travis on the bench, might as well have him playing somewhere else so he’s in the shop window. Seems highly suspicious to me that we’ve suddenly got a raft of players fit mid January especially Gallagher just when we get a bid in for him. JDT had a look of someone yesterday  who is having his team ripped out from under him. Think getting rid of him would be pointless, they’ll only appoint someone to play the exact same way. Remember the quote from Mowbray, “I’m not a results based coach, I’m a development coach.” Think this is why they’ve taken the coach away from recruitment, JDT is powerless to prevent player sales. 
Who is setting the agenda tho, this is the question, who benefits from all the player trading, all along the academy funding has been the one constant throughout Venky’s tenure. Can’t get money for a new pitch, stadium maintenance or a young centre half though. I don’t buy that this is the best way to progress the club, sell a player + re invest like Brentford, not what’s happening +  I don’t buy the Indian authorities investigation meaning we have to cut the the budget in half either. JDT, Waggott, + GB have all been hired to fit in with the plan.

This might all be complete tosh, I’m not ITK, just a fan for over 50 years who’s sick of it + just wants his club back 😢

Venky’s out.

Exactly what's happening here.

As you say, who is setting the agenda? We don't even sell these players most of the time so who benefits? Well agents do of course, and we all know  about their involvement in the club in days gone by. Didn't we have to pay a massive amount in agent fees not that long ago?

After the O'Brien debacle last January, which I suspect was another occasion of the owners stopping the deal, I made the observation that they don't want to get promoted. Some people scoffed at this idea but I don't see how you can claim anything different.

Even this year the owners put a stop to a FREE transfer of an experienced defender, something we desperately need.

From the first moment of them taking over the aim was to get the club dolloping along in this division. Relegation from the Premier League was 100% deliberate and there has been absolutely zero attempts made to get back there.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

As you say, who is setting the agenda? We don't even sell these players most of the time so who benefits? Well agents do of course, and we all know  about their involvement in the club in days gone by. Didn't we have to pay a massive amount in agent fees not that long ago?

After the O'Brien debacle last January, which I suspect was another occasion of the owners stopping the deal, I made the observation that they don't want to get promoted. Some people scoffed at this idea but I don't see how you can claim anything different.

Even this year the owners put a stop to a FREE transfer of an experienced defender, something we desperately need.

From the first moment of them taking over the aim was to get the club dolloping along in this division. Relegation from the Premier League was 100% deliberate and there has been absolutely zero attempts made to get back there.

Starting to think this is absolutely the scenario 

6 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Well they would be getting more profit in the premier League than pumping in money for losses each season...are they happy with Waggot? Broughton?? Coaching team? They seem to not give a shit about Rovers so why not sell the club?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, neophox said:

Brereton was an buy for alot of money and an investment but we got nothing from it....venkys got ruined there..

Venkys ruined themselves, as they always do, thus damaging us. They rejected a bid with 1 year left on his deal that would have brought in a small profit and a considerable fee.

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If we look purely at the players we had under Mowbray who have gone on to better things the list is horrifying:

Raya - won promotion to the PL with Brentford, now playing every week for Arsenal

Kaminski - earning rave reviews in the PL with Luton

Steele - playing regularly in the PL and Europa League with Brighton

Lenihan - playing every week at Middlesbrough

Amari Bell - big player for Luton in the PL

Joe Rothwell - PL football with Bournemouth and potential promotion this season with Southampton

Adam Armstrong - PL football with Soton and now playing every week in a promotion push

Harwood Bellis, Harrison Reed & Tosin Adarabioyo - admittedly only loans but we took that initial step of giving them a full season of game time, very important in their development, before they were then taken on by others who have enjoyed the fruits of that.

Diaz - big money move to Spain not worked out but now playing in the PL with Sheffield United

Travis - will play regularly at automatic promotion chasing Ipswich

I'm sure there will be people employed by Rovers attempting to claim some credit or praise for these 'developments' as though this vindicates our policies. Unfortunately for us most were released or let go for next to nothing, and the clubs we are talking about are the likes of Brentford, Luton and Ipswich. Once upon a time the thought of losing important players to these sort of clubs would be a joke, these days thanks to Venkys just about anyone is a better bet for an aspirational footballer.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Venkys ruined themselves, as they always do, thus damaging us. They rejected a bid with 1 year left on his deal that would have brought in a small profit and a considerable fee.

Well I'm sure the agents did alright out of all of those deals.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Andy said:

The other way of looking at it is an experienced Championship midfielder going straight into a newly promoted side from League 1.

That is an odd way of looking at it when, as a minimum, Ipswich are already virtually guaranteed a Play Off place.

How many times have we achieved that in the last decade or so?

Makes the division they were in last season irrelevant.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, miqaayil said:

As i've always said ...the venkys are just figure head and someone else is running the show , venkys are in it for advertisement of thier brand and showing huge expenditures overseas ...the indian court is nothing but smoke screen .... if actually ure not a supporter of the ruling regime they'll strike you personally and your locally listed operations not peanut overseas operation. And top notch lawyers can go for interim stay order or such or funnel monies through other foreign subsidies as share sales or investment .... but against all logic ..as a fan we still praying for someone up there to grow a conscience and see the plight of this once top run club ...

An interesting theory, but if that is the case, what would this mysterious shadow owner stand to gain from running the club into the ground? Unless someone can enlighten me, I can't see this "someone else" gaining anything financially from seeing us tumble from the Premiership down (possibly) to League 1 or lower. I still believe that Venkys were duped by a certain agent into buying the club, and now have no idea how to extricate themselves without losing face in India. They have no interest in the club or its fortunes, they have not set foot in Ewood Park for 6 or 7 years and they do not appreciate the fact that owning a football club, particularly one with our history, is about more than just paying the bills. As a supporter for over 60 years, they have left me in a state of despair as to the future of my club.

Going back to my original point, if the shadow owner gains nothing from owning us, then what do Venkys gain from owning us.?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Taken from Twitter, Rovers threatened winding up order in April 23. Look at section 14

Screenshot_20240114-213522.png

What does it mean if we are already on a payment plan? (As it says we didn't pay as agreed) (I don't know anything about this sort of stuff)

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

What does it mean if we are already on a payment plan? (As it says we didn't pay as agreed) (I don't know anything about this sort of stuff)

Sorry, neither do I, But I'm sure there's a few on here that could explain when they get some free time.

39 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Well I'm sure the agents did alright out of all of those deals.

Exactly, arrange the deals, arrange the contracts, all these premier league loans, all these players we’ve brought into the academy that have been nowhere near the first team squad, some have been here for years, don’t think transfer fees matter to them tbh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Has to be down to coaching staff, been here for 10+ years and it's never been great.

We do the same pre match routine every game we've done for 10 years now it never changes apart from briefly under Lambert,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Surely Charlton would suit him well.

Why the hell did he come all the way up here in the first place ?

This signing stinks the place out i'm not having it that it was just some cheap gamble by Broughton that hasn't paid off, far from it.

It's either yet another monumental F -up or something a bit more dodgy it has all the vibes of Goodwille nd Stokes deals. Albeit without the fee but a lengthy contract double previous wages and nice signing on fee or however they do it here.

Come up, can't be arsed, out of shape, never fit then get moved on and paid off.

Stinks.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Of course there is a slight glaring flaw in the argument that they want us following along in the 2nd tier, developing players for resale. That is they appear to be completely pants at making the model work. Whatever it is 'supposed to do' like make money for instance, hasn't happened yet and  isn't happening any time soon.

Even the most cryptic of business minds would be hard pressed to come up with any compelling logic to explain why the Venksters continue to 'own' Blackburn Rovers. All I can conclude is that the spoilt bastards are still sore about the snowball reception and chickens on the pitch things.

Dumb as fook. But rich, spoilt, inept and vindictive too. Nightmare goes on..and on...and on.

Venkys out.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Of course there is a slight glaring flaw in the argument that they want us following along in the 2nd tier, developing players for resale. That is they appear to be completely pants at making the model work. Whatever it is 'supposed to do' like make money for instance, hasn't happened yet and  isn't happening any time soon.

Even the most cryptic of business minds would be hard pressed to come up with any compelling logic to explain why the Venksters continue to 'own' Blackburn Rovers. All I can conclude is that the spoilt bastards are still sore about the snowball reception and chickens on the pitch things.

Dumb as fook. But rich, spoilt, inept and vindictive too. Nightmare goes on..and on...and on.

Venkys out.

I never said anything about resale.

Agents get their fees regardless of whether there is a transfer fee or not.

• Like 2