BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

I can't find anything, but what's the deal with the lad from Crewe? I gave up for a week or so but I've heard a couple say we suddenly can't afford him. Can someone give me a brief update? Apologies to sidetrack the thread.

6 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

I can't find anything, but what's the deal with the lad from Crewe? I gave up for a week or so but I've heard a couple say we suddenly can't afford him. Can someone give me a brief update? Apologies to sidetrack the thread.

We want him. He has a 500K release clause. We made a bid that totalled 500K put payments where spread over X period of time to help our cash flow. Crewe say for the release clause to be activated it’s 500K upfront. Stalemate. 

• Like 7

We need to clear out the deadwood up front. Gally and Ennis can go in Jan. Telalovic, Moran and Siggy can all go in the summer. None of them are very good. 

Cresswell would be a good signing at the back but I don't think it will solve our defensive problems. We don't have bad defenders at the moment, we have a system that leaves them exposed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Szmodics' value is at its peak. It isn't getting any higher and certainly won't if our results and slide continue.

There's something wrong if other clubs aren't interested in him. Championship top scorer and in his last outing scored a first half hattrick to singlehandedly turn the game around.

Other clubs will try their luck even if they aren't confident of getting him. It's clear to anyone that we are in the mire, not helped by the CEO and others publicly admitting we are skint. Clubs will chuck cash forward just to test our resolve.

When you are loaning your captain and experienced players out to rivals flashing lights will go off around the Championship- basically what the f*** is going on at Blackburn and shall we try our luck?

I'm past caring now. Disaster is when, not if. As far as I am concerned cash sales now merely help Venkys keep the show on the road for longer. The less they get back the better.

100% accurate. Couldn't be summarised any better.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

We need to clear out the deadwood up front. Gally and Ennis can go in Jan. Telalovic, Moran and Siggy can all go in the summer. None of them are very good. 

Cresswell would be a good signing at the back but I don't think it will solve our defensive problems. We don't have bad defenders at the moment, we have a system that leaves them exposed.

We shouldn't be letting ANYONE go in JAN unless a better replacement is signed first.

And please people don't be hanging any hats on a kid from Crewe as the answer to any current problems because he isn't.  We need a keeper and two half decent robust defenders AND a change of style even if it's only temporary.

• Like 2

I think the reason some of our defenders are having a tough time at the moment is they have no confidence in the Leo bring in an experienced GK and the likes of Hyam and Brittain will be transformed 

• Like 5

If Rovers were in prison, we'd be on very strict suicide watch just now. All the signs point to deliberate self-harm, confusion, lack of engagement with those close to us, verbally painting a bleak outlook when questioned about the future and a definite air of hopelessness due to learned helplessness.

For info, it has been scientifically proven that sentient organisms when placed under conditions of enduring no hope, give up.

If these criminally negligent buffoons in Pune sanction the selling of the only glimmers of hope available to the club in this window, that will be the end for many, including me.

Gloomy times - what a mess.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, J*B said:

We want him. He has a 500K release clause. We made a bid that totalled 500K put payments where spread over X period of time to help our cash flow. Crewe say for the release clause to be activated it’s 500K upfront. Stalemate. 

As an avid FM player I know our offer doesn't wash! Thank you for confirming 

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If Nixon told me the sky was blue, I’d still go outside and check, tbf.

Not one to hang your hat on any more, even if he is telling you what you want to hear….

He's thrown Millwall into the mix this morning simply because Cresswell was on loan there last season. Nixon is the epitome of a lazy, two-bit hack. And the worst thing is people buy (literally in some instances) his guff.

• Like 4

Unfortunately the team has no confidence in the keeper, I actually think part of the problem is Carter who hasn't progressed much this season in my eyes. I think we need to play Wharton ahead of Carter with Hyam. Additionally the team just needs a clear out too many passengers. I would rather quality over quantity. 

The likes of, Markanday, Pears, Gallagher, Hedges, Carter, Ennis, are not going to cut it in my eyes. Letting Travis go is mind boggling, shame Buckley isn't available he would have been useful. Cut ties invest invest invest. This squad is down to the bare bones. 

11 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Would clubs offer that much knowing how desperately we’d need the money?

Even with my bluest and whitest of blue and white glasses, I don't see Wharton is a £20m player right now. In the future maybe, add ons etc. But we can't spend those today or count them in FFP and in football sometimes they never come.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Surely we don't spend £4m on Cresswell and not a striker.

Seems promising we have a bit of money to spend, hopefully we use that ESC and bring in a gem.

He is 6ft 3 and great in the air- won 83% of his aerial battles this season and scored 4 goals in 28 games last year- get him in! Also a striker please- who knows what is going to happen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, imy9 said:

He is 6ft 3 and great in the air- won 83% of his aerial battles this season and scored 4 goals in 28 games last year- get him in! Also a striker please- who knows what is going to happen.

Striker is a necessity, sell Gallagher, loan out Leonard and bring in 2 strikers. (Wishful thinking)

For a normal club, looking at Gallaghers age and injury record and seeings fees which will now exceed 1.5m, then they would be 100% selling.
They’d then invest on one of their targets which should have been lined up for months. 

It’s the hope that kills you.

• Like 1

Selling Gallagher would be an insanity. He's are only "big lad" striker and experienced. Plus any fee received would not be reinvested.

I'm not even a fan of him but I'm fed up of false 9s, midgets and overweight fat boys and their failings.

Meanwhile Wrexham have Fletcher reborn who will decimate our defence in the Cup. He's their Danny Graham. Things to Come.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3