BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

58 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Because Nixon had suggested it, and on the assumption we will get £5m when Raya moves permanently to Arsenal in the summer, Chaddy wanted to offer Brentford a substantial discount on the sell on clause by saying they could give us £3m if they paid us early in this window.

Aside from the fact we'd lose £2m, unless I've missed something, whilst it looks like Arsenal will make Raya permanent they're not obliged to do so, so if that happened Brentford would be paying us then Arsenal could back out of the permanent deal and they'd be out of pocket.

As if we could just afford to waive £2m at the moment as well.

Could it not be a loan against that fee we are due to get? 

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Before Broughton fucked it up.

Not really supporting your own argument there.

My argument is, that unless the player Undav himself said the reason he didn't sign was because he wasn't impressed by Waggott or Broughton then it is pure speculation. 

What Chaddy is getting grief for.

I wasn't arguing wether Broughton was good at his job or not 

Edited by islander200

1 hour ago, GWHITE81 said:

The cost of the academy is a large part of that, they don’t have one

Academy does get grants for part of its funding but Rovers do operate 3 sites as opposed to knobbers 2.

Still seems mightily excessive it would be interesting to know what's buried in there.

We won’t be signing any major players for the squad, only young players we can develop. 

This is what Rovers are becoming. 

This is the future for Rovers, going forward. Just developing players for other teams and “existing”.  

Exciting times ahead, I’m afraid. 😟 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Could it not be a loan against that fee we are due to get? 

That would be a slightly better way of doing it but I'm still not aware that Arsenal have an outright obligation to purchase Raya at the end of his loan.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Academy does get grants for part of its funding but Rovers do operate 3 sites as opposed to knobbers 2.

Still seems mightily excessive it would be interesting to know what's buried in there.

People often keep bringing up the cost of the Academy as an argument for scrapping but at the time Waggott wanted to downsize the training facilities the net cost of the Academy was "only" about £1.3m I.e. £3.2m less a grant of £1.9m.

May have increased a bit since then in line with everything else but I'd argue its still pretty good value and fairly small beer in the general scheme of things.

Certainly doesn't account for £9m worth of "other" expenses.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

But he said the O’Brien deal was his fault - do you think he was lying?

I know the question wasnt directed at me but no, for once he wasnt lying - as DOF it's his responsibility.

I think they'd agreed between themselves beforehand that no-one would face any recriminations therefore Broughton came out and gave that insincere Oscar winning apology during which he promised to eventually explain what happened and of course didnt.

How come even though they may not have done it personally, everything that happens at Ewood is (rightly) vicariously the owners fault but when something goes wrong on the football side of things people don't apply the same standard to the Director of Football (Broughton) ?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

We won’t be signing any major players for the squad, only young players we can develop. 

This is what Rovers are becoming. 

This is the future for Rovers, going forward. Just developing players for other teams and “existing”.  

Exciting times ahead, I’m afraid. 😟 

Do you get the feeling that Venkies view us like one of their chicken farms? Get them young fatten them up and sell ‘em on. We are like their “farmers”, but developing players instead of chickens. In their eyes we would be self sustaining.

What they don’t understand is their “football business” relies on keeping its customers happy so that they keep coming back for more. But, take away the passion, hope and potential glory and you kill the customer base and you no longer have a business.

Complete numpties!!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That would be a slightly better way of doing it but I'm still not aware that Arsenal have an outright obligation to purchase Raya at the end of his loan.

Super ITK Fabrizio Romano said the clauses for the Raya deal to be permanent were very basic, implied that it was as good as done unless Raya somehow missed the full season which hasn't been the case. It was due to FFP that arsenal didn't make it a permanent signing at the time. 

40 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Short clip of our Vicky

Similar to Telalovic, no real first team experience at a decent level.

We’re banking on JDT to work his magic and turn them into a championship player. 

We need players who can make an impact immediately, or we’ll slowly fall down the table and into league one.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

rapidement ", hope that translates into " fucking fast as hell "

Also 6ft 1" , which is nice 

image.png.f6c19883407b04abd1cee48685fb39f7.png

‘Since the beginning of this new season, Kiankaulua has been moving mainly right aisle in a 4-1-4-1. He can also play on the left when a pure left-handed like Najib Bennour evolves to the right’

‘Vicky Kiankaulua has a good quality of passes, but he is also very interesting in the tactical approach. It creates a lot of differences which allows it to quickly bring the danger and to have time to make the right pass.’

• Like 1

Just now, wilsdenrover said:

‘Since the beginning of this new season, Kiankaulua has been moving mainly right aisle in a 4-1-4-1. He can also play on the left when a pure left-handed like Najib Bennour evolves to the right’

‘Vicky Kiankaulua has a good quality of passes, but he is also very interesting in the tactical approach. It creates a lot of differences which allows it to quickly bring the danger and to have time to make the right pass.’

Vicky Kiankaulua might as well be a gerbil, for all the impact he is likely to make on our present predicament AT THE BACK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

he hasn't even signed here yet a massive over reaction already. Who says we are relegation scrap

It was a throwaway line whilst having a coffee in town. It’s not mandatory for you to quote every post I write.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

You know that link is probably made up, right?

Yes, probably, but it’s the type of signing we are likely to make (if any).

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Obafemi to Millwall on loan , when he gets a run in a side proven he can score goals at this level.

Himself and Tangana are 2 solid loan signings whilst we are scouring the Belgium 3rd division.Ffs

Aye, but you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. It does make you wonder what on earth we ask these people to do, and whether they actually understand we are a professional football club and that perhaps it might be good to employ some players in the areas where the head coach acknowledges we have gaps...

Edited by Old Codger
Fat and round, I never make a sound, not like Crabtree, not like Crabtree

13 minutes ago, Polky said:

Similar to Telalovic, no real first team experience at a decent level.

We’re banking on JDT to work his magic and turn them into a championship player. 

We need players who can make an impact immediately, or we’ll slowly fall down the table and into league one.

It does look that way at the moment but we can only judge once the first Gem is sold. They have told us the model, we are scraping the barrel ATM. Hopefully better quality arrives when the funds are there

Someone in the Jack Walker started a Venky's out chant on Saturday.

The response I heard was a bewildered "Venky's Out? Where's that come from?"

It's really quite incredible. No hope for this club to do anything.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I know the question wasnt directed at me but no, for once he wasnt lying - as DOF it's his responsibility.

I think they'd agreed between themselves beforehand that no-one would face any recriminations therefore Broughton came out and gave that insincere Oscar winning apology during which he promised to eventually explain what happened and of course didnt.

How come even though they may not have done it personally, everything that happens at Ewood is (rightly) vicariously the owners fault but when something goes wrong on the football side of things people don't apply the same standard to the Director of Football (Broughton) ?

Broughton and Waggott were rightly lambasted after that farce so this idea that poor old Venkys get all of the blame for everything is simply not true.