BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Just read one of the articles about the rumour, which said they'd let us loan him back til the summer. Which suggests they're not looking as a replacement for Gallagher.

Not as a replacement for Gallagher no I think they would loan him out but they would need to sell Gallagher or Broja for them to go into the market themselves i think due to ffp

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

with the wharton money id`e like us to go all for out for the aberdeen lad miovski,top player in a side that he`s far to good for,we`ll double our money as well,he`s definately going to play at a higher level than where we are

That's a good player ..think he would come here if we go in for him.

1 hour ago, Hi Mack said:

Has anyone got any confidence in Broughton to get any quality signings over the line? 

With Travis and Wharton out the door surely we aren’t going to scrape through the season, that could be painful! 

No.

He seems fairly savvy sorting contracts out, but we're yet to see much in the way of getting players over the line, especially when other clubs are interested. Wahlstedt being the obvious exception on that front.

I wonder if Adam is at Selhurst tonight watching on. That's not going to get finalised till tomorrow earliest now I presume, not much time left and past experience doesn't bode well....

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Not as a replacement for Gallagher no I think they would loan him out but they would need to sell Gallagher or Broja for them to go into the market themselves i think due to ffp

Wouldn't they also want a replacement then? Or is their squad quite well stocked already? I don't really follow the Prem much these days.

Just now, bluebruce said:

In the basement licking mold off the stones.

Don't know how true it is, but played 35 games in the championship last season and has played 15 times this season for a very good Coventry side.  If he's good enough for Mark Robins it's good enough for me

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Wouldn't they also want a replacement then? Or is their squad quite well stocked already? I don't really follow the Prem much these days.

Well stocked, Gallagher has probably been their best midfield performer but he will be into his last year next season and think they want to sell him due to him coming through the academy and letting them spend more going forward

1 minute ago, neophox said:

So Wharton is going to the first Prem club that makes a bid....still find it a bit strange.. why not wait for q bigger and better club if he's so good?

Because the club need the money now. 

I think we all know how this story goes! We will bring in a couple of kids on loan and possible a permanent from abroad or lower league for 200k or something and he’ll be sold as having loads of potential and part of the model etc then waggot or Broughton will do an interview after January and talk up the summer window and more time to spend money etc and plan! We will get to summer and shock horror the money will not get spent then either 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, neophox said:

So Wharton is going to the first Prem club that makes a bid....still find it a bit strange.. why not wait for q bigger and better club if he's so good?

I think the way I have read into it that if we sell him in the summer then his transfer fee falls into next seasons accounts, whereas obviously now means this season so it will help with FFP. just fingers crossed venkys allow us to invest at least half of it now and perhaps another 5 as well as the raya money in the summer but I think I might be in dream world hoping for that. 

I wish AW all the luck in the world. A great little player who should reach the very top. I imagine his dream (like mine and probably everyone of us) was to play for Rovers in the Prem. The frauds that have run this club for over a decade have denied a generational talent of that dream. 

“ The Blackburn football Club model”  - We will now see what it really is. Is it the Brentford model that has been quoted ? Spending good money on decent up and coming prospects with a view to making money on them in a couple of years ? If this is not the case, and we are still dragging unknowns from boxes in Woolworths doorways hoping they can work some magic and make a player out of them then the frauds have been found out and this model is just dog sh1t to pull the wool over the fans eyes again. 

We know the usual excuses about late player sales don’t gives the chance etc but we also know GB said we have replacements lined up for all positions, manager, trainibg staff should they leave. 

This is the time we find out what our club is really about !!!!! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Duncan McGuire must be very close.

What's stopping him doing a medical out there?

is he in the above pics?

Can we get his Mum to do the medical instead?

• Like 3