BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Twitter rumours that he'll sign today. It's twitter though, so hopefully complete bollocks.

Why in god's name would we sign a 37 year old centre back but the owners refused to sign a 32 year old?

32 year old wanted a 2 year deal. Guessing this desperate chap will take a 1-year? Guess we'll soon find out.

7 hours ago, Eddie said:

Why is everyone so adamant that Wharton was forced out?

I don't think he was actively looking for a move, but I also doubt that he took too much convincing.

Because of the podcast I'm part of, I know that his agent has been very actively promoting him over the past 6 months and things really increased in January.

Could just be described as an agent doing a good job, or it could be that they decided that a move was likely in the next 6-12 months and they needed to raise his profile.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, about this seems bizarre or makes the club look poorly run. I'll judge them on how we use the money now, not for the fact that we sold a 19-year-old for our club record fee. 

Never mind all of these 'to Crystal Palace' comments. How do you think other fans have felt when Blackburn Rovers have stepped in to snap up their talent? 

The above is complete made up rubbish folks. 

The other poster was right. He lives at home, he loves Rovers, and he wanted a crack at getting the club promoted. His family are Rovers fans and he was living the dream. They were trying to shove him out the door at the tail end of last season and he wasn’t happy about it.

Unfair to blame the lad for any of this. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

There’s obviously been a shift in the clubs attitude over the last week or so. Despite assurances court delays wouldn’t impact the day to day funding of the club. The whole thing stinks of desperation on Rovers part.

Yep. No funding secured from India = Wharton pushed out. It really couldn't be any clearer.

Don't worry though, we'll be bringing in 4-5 quality players with the money. 

• Like 6

Don’t think the club would risk upsetting JDT further by getting rid of another experienced player. 

I would imagine the club will be trying to extend Gallagher’s contract on a lesser salary for more years rather than trigger the extension for £18k p/w for another year. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who wanted to leave twice within 5 months and was unhappy not playing the 6 role under JDT 

Whatever Rovers do, you shift your opinion to embrace it. Every time.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Why not get £2m for Gallagher now?

I agree, i'd of kept hold of Wharton and sold Gally. 

I would of also gone for Yates instead of Mcguire - Yates started for Swansea last night so maybe they want to keep him till at least end of season.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Good to see we are investing that Wharton money wisely.

Jesus

Screenshot_20240131_104446_X.jpg

Dropped from Coventry's starting eleven since late autumn after they had a shocking run of form. Since then they've been doing much better. Legs are gone.

• Like 2

Rovers fans ''We want experience and leadership, we're crying out for it.''

Rovers sign 37 year old Coventry City captain on a short term deal til May

Rovers fans ''37?! Are you having a laugh?! He's too old and slow and exactly the player we shouldn't be signing!''

• Like 4

Hyam may have played with McFadzean at Coventry?

So may just be a short term move to cover the injury of Carter?

Very odd move it a permanent transfer, but only on a deal to the end of the season. Surely we can't be paying a fee...

Edited by jones_rover
  • Like 1