BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

On 19/01/2024 at 11:11, Ghost7 said:

Not one permanent signing added yet to a squad that needs major reinforcement, and I doubt there will be any. We play a relegation rival tomorrow and still no experience added.

The club is behind 16 other Championship teams in terms of attractiveness to join; when we were the 2nd most attractive team in the league last year we barely did any business.

We are heading straight for League One without a fight. The owners should be forced to sell by the authorities, there is nothing fit and proper about this and absolutely no place for any football club in England to operate at the mercy of another country's judicial system.

I've done business with companies in India, bigger than Venky's and the level of bureaucracy is something else, I've seen simple decisions that can be made in hours take many months. I've seen them want something, have the resources and get nowhere.

This experience always made me wonder how the hell will Rovers operate successfully as a football club, a business where you often need big decisions made quickly to turn corners and function.

It's absolutely no surprise for me to hear that in the past we have even found it difficult to get transfer offers on our own players responded to.

No surprise that we sleepwalked into a Premier League relegation with a manager that was under qualified and sleepwalked our way through years of parachute payments.

We are still sleepwalking our way through poor attendances and missed revenue, with a town three quarters detached from a club they love.

All that aside, Venky's simply can't run a football club. I didn't need the tax issue to know that. It's a pet project and even if it wasn't it still wouldn't work.

They will never make Rovers successful, I guarantee it and if you think differently after all this time your head is in the sand.

Venky's have to go for Rovers to feel good again.

Going to go back to this from Jan 19th, it will be relevant every day they own the club.

This is an ownership issue and since this post they're about to receive £22,000,000.

£22 million that could have made a huge difference with other owners.

Sickens me.

• Like 4

Just now, Ghost7 said:

Going to go back to this from Jan 19th, it will be relevant every day they own the club.

This is an ownership issue and since this post they're about to receive £22,000,000.

£22 million that could have made a huge difference with other owners.

Sickens me.

The end game is there is no end game, Venkys forever we're going nowhere but down.

• Like 1

The Wharton deal 'close to collapse' line being fed by Bayes is part of the Venky cover up operation.

I wondered what form it would take and when it would come.

You know when it is coming from Lancs Telegraph/ Radio Lancashire that they are getting their information from the Club and therefore isn't to be taken seriously.

The name of the game here is that Waggott and the rest of the regime down there will now know their overlords have stuffed us over again and will be preparing for the inevitable furore from the fanbase and media.

So the solution to head that off is to deflect blame away, this time to Palace / Wharton. Poor old Rovers doing their best but plans being placed in jeopardy by external factors which threatens our own business.

What a surprise! Not our fault!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

A competent CEO says to Palace  “here’s the price, here’s the payment terms….down payment of £xm now in escrow to secure it on those terms” & then uses that to confirm to Orlando that they will get their money.

Depends on what the CEO's powers are in this situation. 

6 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

Brannagan at oxford being looked at. However same situation as Mcguire. We don't have the wharton money....

Remember us being linked to him back in 19/20 after we took Rothwell from them. Still got the target list that Mowbray left in his drawer I see.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The Wharton deal 'close to collapse' line being fed by Bayes is part of the Venky cover up operation.

I wondered what form it would take and when it would come.

You know when it is coming from Lancs Telegraph/ Radio Lancashire that they are getting their information from the Club and therefore isn't to be taken seriously.

The name of the game here is that Waggott and the rest of the regime down there will now know their overlords have stuffed us over again and will be preparing for the inevitable furore from the fanbase and media.

So the solution to head that off is to deflect blame away, this time to Palace / Wharton. Poor old Rovers doing their best but plans being placed in jeopardy by external factors which threatens our own business.

What a surprise! Not our fault!

It's never our fault. There are always mitigating circumstances. I get that it's a high pressure situation and deadline day can be difficult, but other clubs manage it. It's only us that constantly fuck things up. And the reasons always lead straight back to Pune.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

Considering we had agreed terms with orlando and are the sole reason for Mcguire being in the country the logic doesn't really add up to me.

Wharton deal hit a snag so we informed orlando the deal currently isnt possible. Snag has been resolved and yet we are not going back to complete the deal. Something is amiss.

Mate, the whole club is amiss. It's just a replay of last January....

Anyone know what Andy Carroll is doing these days..🤔

Just now, TommyRovers said:

Considering we had agreed terms with orlando and are the sole reason for Mcguire being in the country the logic doesn't really add up to me.

Wharton deal hit a snag so we informed orlando the deal currently isnt possible. Snag has been resolved and yet we are not going back to complete the deal. Something is amiss.

They don't want to spend the money Tommy. They've pocketed it to fund running the club because they either don't want to or can't anymore (in which case they need to f*ck off). Simple as that. 

• Like 1

If Venkys were serious owners they would advance the money for signings now on the basis they recover it a day or two later when the Wharton cash arrives.

Absolute worst case the Wharton deal does fall through. They are still sitting on £30 million of assets with him, Szmodics, Carter in the summer and can (and probably will) sell the lot of them then and recover the funds with healthy interest.

They are once again claiming to be powerless victims of bad circumstance which just isn't the case.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TommyRovers said:

Simple Venkeys have done a Uturn on the budget and instead of 2.5m which we were meant to spend on Mcuire,  they've come back late last night saying actually, you only have 1m instead -  Will lead to these league 1 links/Rumours.

7 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Brannagan wouldn't be a bad signing -  He's towards the top end quality of League 1 and has a fair bit of experience.

7 goals in L1! 

Bring back Duncan McGuires Mum.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Interesting take from Nixon. Still absolute farce from the club but interesting that he's putting across as the player jumping the gun.

Wishful thinking is that a preferred option for a striker has now become available, but I bloody doubt it.

Jumping the gun?

Were we going to do his medical via Zoom?!

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

I believe we've had a bid rejected for Jamie Reid at Stevenage last night (info coming from their #ITK), and we're expected to make another bid...

A 29 year old L2 striker?

Bugger off.

• Like 3