BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Interestingly you're meant to get a notification on submission.

Evidently Rovers didn't get a notification after 3 hours.

IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!

IF YOU DON'T GET A NOTIFICATION ON ONE OF OUR BIGGEST SIGNINGS IN YEARS YOU'D LOOK WHY!!!!

IT DOESN'T ADD UP

Agree. There’s more to this than utter incompetence. I know occams razor suggests utter incompetence, but there’s too much circumstantial this time. 

I put O’Brien down to utter incompetence last time. I’m now not sure. 

And there’s Brierley as well. 

Come on. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Procedures were put in place. GB promised it would not happen again

Or someone at  the club didn't want the deal to go through 

Listen 24 hours earlier Broughton was permanent bids for players but again lastminute.com Venky scum turn around and say no you can't have any of the Wharton money.Making his job even more impossible in trying to get the players the manager needs 

If you and others want to make GB the fall guy fair enough, but I ain't doing that and seemingly the head coach isn't either 

Again GB can't be expected to do every single thing on deadline day when other players other than McGuire needed to be brought in.All other deals fine but the one that looks like costing messes up cmon it is it's feck Broughton's fault 

• Like 9

Waggot or maggot should resign, he's responsible, after the previous failure if he hadn't ensured robust procedure's were put in place then he takes responsibility. The crowd and supporters should express that too him.

Edited by roversR4ever
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Procedures were put in place. GB promised it would not happen again

that's a fair point! I do remember that exact statement being made, So you would at least think that it should now at least be easy for them to find the specific point where those procedures were not followed (and by whom)

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Or someone at  the club didn't want the deal to go through 

Listen 24 hours earlier Broughton was permanent bids for players but again lastminute.com Venky scum turn around and say no you can't have any of the Wharton money.Making his job even more impossible in trying to get the players the manager needs 

If you and others want to make GB the fall guy fair enough, but I ain't doing that and seemingly the head coach isn't either 

Again GB can't be expected to do every single thing on deadline day when other players other than McGuire needed to be brought in.All other deals fine but the one that looks like costing messes up cmon it is it's feck Broughton's fault 

Absolutely spot on.

• Like 2

Smoke and mirrors, it wasn’t submitted because it was never going to be. We don’t spend the money we make, so why bother ‘making’ any? May as well have kept Adam because that performance last Saturday is exactly what a Rovers team without him looks like. We used to be exciting but shite now we’re boring and shite.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, toogs said:

Agree. There’s more to this than utter incompetence. I know occams razor suggests utter incompetence, but there’s too much circumstantial this time. 

I put O’Brien down to utter incompetence last time. I’m now not sure. 

And there’s Brierley as well. 

Come on. 

Grey’s law?

• Like 1

Those saying the transfer of McGuire was never going to go through and blaming GB - one question. Why, particularly after last year, would he go to the effort of agreeing a permanent transfer, flying the player and his representative over, then agreeing a new loan deal - all while knowing it will never go through? In addition to the wasted time and energy, his reputation as well as the club's will be shot to pieces. 

If someone didn't intend for the transfer to go through I doubt it would be GB. Elsewhere in the club or ownership? Who knows. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KentExile said:

According to this, he is

https://www.rovers.co.uk/club/staff/

Mike Cheston - Finance Director

Ashfaq Hasan -  Head of Finance

* Not sure it is up to  date

Thank you. In layman's terms what's the difference between the two?

Hard to see what involvement these two would have had in fucking up the mechanics of a loan deal.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The system log will show all actions. Easy to prove or disprove.

And if that feeble excuse has been given to the EFL they can ask to see the records.

They maybe pressed save because, they didn’t want to/weren't allowed to send it. Then they can say they pressed the wrong button as a lame excuse, sack a scapegoat and get the naive happy flappers back on board. 

I can’t even bring myself to check Facebook or the LT to see how they are justifying it.

“easy mistake to make”

”we wouldn’t even have a PC if not for Venky’s”

”this isn’t Windows 95 anymore, it’s way harder to use Windows 7/8/11” 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Hard to see what involvement these two would have had in fucking up the mechanics of a loan deal.

I would use HOF interchangeably with financial controller, largely dealing with day to day finance/accounting operations. FD should (in most properly run organisations..) be a more strategic role, whilst retaining ultimate responsibility for the finance function.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TommyRovers said:

It's the responsibility of Ian Sylvester. No questions there.

Whether he will be head to roll or whether the blame will be forced onto Broughton is the question.

At any normal organisation that is the minimum you would expect.

What's the chance of absolutely nothing at all happening to anyone?

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

8 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Cheston is Finance Director.

No idea what the head of finance does sorry!

Sounds like a case of employing 2 people for 1 role, and at least one of them is doing nothing whilst the other is messing things up

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

But Broughton stated that all procedures had been revisited after last year's cockup and promised it would never happen again.

It's simple - click send, check that it has sent, print off verification get a manager/peer to check the verification.

Not click any button and go for a cup of tea.

This.

I feel like so many of us are acting like we haven't been in this situation at work, or at home. 90% of us have!

Yes, the whole official story might be a tissue of lies, I accept that.

What I find more difficult is the argument that it might not be GBs responsibility when part of his re-engineered, watertight process breaks down and doesn't deliver the agreed outcome. 

It really is primary school level governance and management. There must be controls at each step to guarantee that human error cannot break the system. Esp when the risks are soooo high. 

Crimpshrine's simple example above is one control, and there are a myriad of other ways to ensure important things are done correctly and monitored at every level.

Barrow, Harrogate, Accrington, et al, are all expected to have watertight controls in these areas, on significantly lower budgets, and yet again we are the only one out of 92 that is making the 'laughing stock of the year' headlines. 

GB was quite happy to have his name in the frame nationally for last January's calamity, and unless he has resigned, he appears equally content to have this on his cv again. 

If there is a more malevolent explanation, he could show some integrity, and explain. 

Incompetent or fraudulent, one or the other, neither of which make him a 'miracle worker' or back up Farron's claim that we are 'lucky to have this DOF'.

I can't wait for the interview. 

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 4

It's classic deflection tactics this when you want to cover for something. 

Put out a load of different stories implicating a load of different people and possibilities then people run off down a lot of different rabbit holes. Meanwhile something and someone else is at the centre of it.

Truth is we are skint the Wharton deposit as predicted was instantly bookmarked for a few months running costs.  the signing of a load of inexperienced borrowed lightweight kids easily goes through. Then there are two guys on short term frees who barely have a game between them in months.

You don't do this if you've any budget at all this window compared to Mowbrays last Jan window are night and day. All those he signed then struggled or made no impact at all so what do we really expect of this lot.

This window more resembles the panic bodies for the sake of it with no budget Coyle summer. We know where we were heading then and i'm bewildered fans don't see what is really going on here.

• Like 8

I actually have nothing more to say about this that I didn't say twelve months ago.

I said the O'Brien deal was deliberately sabotaged and I 100% stand by that today.

Exactly one year later and the exact same thing happens again.

I wasn't naive enough to believe it was an accident the first time around, now it's happened twice (well three times actually).

I'm actually finding it really funny now and I laughed out loud when I saw that statement from the club.

We need to be broadcasting this far and wide, especially in India. Let's show the world just how fucking stupid and incompetent the Raos are.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, phili said:

I believe they will be after another 25% budget reduction.

In itself that would take us down. Just isn't enough to fund a Champion ship team. As we are already seeing.