BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

26 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Which aligns with what I was told by two different people on Saturday namely that one of the brothers (presumably the playboy) actually sacked (through his minions) Tomasson on Friday but big sis reinstated him within a short space of time. I believe there is real disharmony at Chez Rao and we are piggy in the middle.

A professional football club's should not have to depend on resolving tantrums between brother and sister.

There are no clear lines of demarcation anywhere through out the club, its all run amateurishly on a day by day basis with important decisions left to the last minute.

6 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Bloody hell arbitro. Do you have confidence in that? That's a pretty damning indictment of where we are at a club

I sometimes think if things like this were public knowledge, even the most fervent defender of Venkys would come around

The truth is I honestly don't know. I was told this about twenty minutes before kick off on Saturday and again in a phone call in the evening. There have been lots of rumours about discontent and infighting amongst the Rao siblings and this kind of story kind of adds some credence to them. Of course there will be points made to counter this but right now it's difficult to disseminate the vast majority of stories we hear. The truth is out there somewhere.

• Like 2

But according to yer man nick Harris they still hope to see us in the premiership one day! 

I'm sure that will be enormous comfort to rovers fans as the club fights to avoid being relegated to the third tier for only the fourth time in its history, and the second time under venkys

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly why I have kept saying for days that its their responsibility to send the correct paperwork for transfers and contracts to EFL and why the blame lies with those 2. Also said it should those 2 to go not GB. 

THE BLAME LIES IN INDIA

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

A professional football club's should not have to depend on resolving tantrums between brother and sister.

There are no clear lines of demarcation anywhere through out the club, its all run amateurishly on a day by day basis with important decisions left to the last minute.

One of the big issues is that pretty much everything has to be approved by the idiots in Pune. Nobody at Ewood has the autonomy to make decisions even though the idiots have their own man and highly paid executives at Ewood. Everything involving approval to spend money moves at a snails pace as they show utter disrespect to Rovers.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Whilst that sounds plausible I just don’t seem JDT accepting being sacked and then reinstated. He’s too professional to hang about with that carry on and also he doesn’t stand to gain by staying if given his marching orders. We’re an absolute shit show and he’s managing with both hands tied behind his back (albeit he’s not doing himself any favours with tactics, formations and team Selection at the moment)

If the person sacking lacks the authority to do so then technically he was never sacked. Probably why he was so pissed off after thinking he was free of the madhouse 🫢😉🫣

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Which aligns with what I was told by two different people on Saturday namely that one of the brothers (presumably the playboy) actually sacked (through his minions) Tomasson on Friday but big sis reinstated him within a short space of time. I believe there is real disharmony at Chez Rao and we are piggy in the middle.

And you can be sure that Mrs D's reinstatement was nothing to do with her knowledge or belief in who the best coach for a relegation scrap is - it would be to do with the fact the she won't sanction any money spent on a pay off and a replacement.

I hope JDT is up for the scrap that we now have facing us for survival. It's him, the players and the fans v the club & the owners now!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, arbitro said:

When I saw this the other day from someone on Twitter I thought it was a joke based on the Steve Kean days (think similar happened with him once upon a time...?).

If this is true, then I can only assume that she blocked the sacking because he'll need paying off. I feel like that is the only reason he's still in a job anyway. At very few clubs would a head coach survive this kind of awful run.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

If the person sacking lacks the authority to do so then technically he was never sacked. Probably why he was so pissed off after thinking he was free of the madhouse 🫢😉🫣

And why he was banned from speaking to the media. We thought it was so he couldn't rant about the f**k up/sabotage over the McGuire deal - but actually it was probably even more crazy shit than that which caused him to gagged.

They are some family, they really are.

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

One question people want answers on I think is key, when you submit I presume there is some force feedback, an email confirmation, anything.

I know if I book a flight or buy tickets I’m not content until I see the confirmation land.

Does this happen, if so surely we would be checking it?

Imagine.

"Gregg I just got the confirmation email now"......

So easy

5 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

When I saw this the other day from someone on Twitter I thought it was a joke based on the Steve Kean days (think similar happened with him once upon a time...?).

If this is true, then I can only assume that she blocked the sacking because he'll need paying off. I feel like that is the only reason he's still in a job anyway. At very few clubs would a head coach survive this kind of awful run.

Mowbray had a bad run pretty much every season and Bowyer did too. Prior to them we didn't have a manager in situ long enough for them to go on a bad run. How many managers have we appointed who we had to pay compensation for? I think none. The conclusion I draw from that the owners don't really consider the manager/head coach an important role.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, arbitro said:

This might read to some outsiders as though Balaji thinks JDT's style is not working and we are going down, only for big Sis to disagree and think it's worth sticking with it as the football is good and he can turn it around.

If it has happened, then in reality Suhail knows JDT is going to embarrass them by laying it all bare so he tells Balaji to get rid. Big Sis looks how much its going to cost and says no.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Imagine.

"Gregg I just got the confirmation email now"......

So easy

Or Gregg saying "After last year, are we sure we've got confirmation"

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

One question people want answers on I think is key, when you submit I presume there is some force feedback, an email confirmation, anything.

I know if I book a flight or buy tickets I’m not content until I see the confirmation land.

Does this happen, if so surely we would be checking it?

I work with a few different systems and it scares me just how piss poor some of them are. One in particular confirms a booking/registration but you still have to click confirm before exiting.

No warning or anything and in the system the booking/registration is visible for 15 minutes before being deleted (again without notification)

Not saying that this is the case here but there are some truly appalling IT solutions out there. That said: the most important transfer of the window - I would be triple checking as the sender and pushing for confirmation from the EFL non-stop until it arrived 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

This might read to some outsiders as though Balaji thinks JDT's style is not working and we are going down, only for big Sis to disagree and think it's worth sticking with it as the football is good and he can turn it around.

If it has happened, then in reality Suhail knows JDT is going to embarrass them by laying it all bare so he tells Balaji to get rid. Big Sis looks how much its going to cost and says no.

I don't really know the motives behind it if it's true but my guess would be that there was a real fear that Tomasson would discredit them and their minions. That I believe is their inherent fear.

I wonder if following a submission you can amend it 

I wonder if it is true only two people can access it 

I wonder if the club secretary with a career older than Orlando club has suddenly forgotten how to do paperwork

I wonder how we signed fleck after McGuire 

I wonder why jdt said to ask Waggot and Suhail 

• Like 1

I understand the system is meant to indicate that something has been submitted. I've also worked with similar ropey I.T systems, but there's no excuse really.

I suspect Rovers argument is that by uploading the documents and clicking 'Save', the documents were 'sent' to the League (i.e they were uploaded onto the League's servers before the 11pm deadline) but just weren't accessible in the system's front end to the League. That is something that EFL developers should be able to confirm in the database very easily. However, there's some assumptions there on my part about the technical set up of the system.

After last year, the final step of the process should either be to print a copy / take a screenshot of any confirmation from the system then ring the league and confirm they have received the paperwork.

I like Gregg, but it's a big oversight on his part if that wasn't added to the process. I don't see how his position is tenable after what he said last year and the same for Ian Silvester. They should both walk - I think Gregg does, but Silvester doesn't bother. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

I work with a few different systems and it scares me just how piss poor some of them are. One in particular confirms a booking/registration but you still have to click confirm before exiting.

No warning or anything and in the system the booking/registration is visible for 15 minutes before being deleted (again without notification)

Not saying that this is the case here but there are some truly appalling IT solutions out there. That said: the most important transfer of the window - I would be triple checking as the sender and pushing for confirmation from the EFL non-stop until it arrived 

Would you also on something this important (and bearing in mind previous mistakes) back it up with a phone call  to the league just to make sure it has arrived? I'm assuming the league is contactable on important days like the last day of a transfer window.

We do it in business and at a personal level with very important things. Checking up and a belts and braces approach is never wrong

• Like 1

Fleck signing after McGuire is pretty straightforward. He could be signed anytime before the last Thursday in March (the deadline for unregistered players) so long as Sheffield United released him from his contract before 11pm - which they did.

Most likely story is Silvester logs on to the portal after 11pm to add details of the Fleck signing as a free, inputs the detail and gets the confirmation then goes back and wonders why McGuire says 'Pending' or 'Not submitted' and thinks 'OH BOLLOCKS'.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, paullarrygher said:

I understand the system is meant to indicate that something has been submitted. I've also worked with similar ropey I.T systems, but there's no excuse really.

I suspect Rovers argument is that by uploading the documents and clicking 'Save', the documents were 'sent' to the League (i.e they were uploaded onto the League's servers before the 11pm deadline) but just weren't accessible in the system's front end to the League. That is something that EFL developers should be able to confirm in the database very easily. However, there's some assumptions there on my part about the technical set up of the system.

After last year, the final step of the process should either be to print a copy / take a screenshot of any confirmation from the system then ring the league and confirm they have received the paperwork.

I like Gregg, but it's a big oversight on his part if that wasn't added to the process. I don't see how his position is tenable after what he said last year and the same for Ian Silvester. They should both walk - I think Gregg does, but Silvester doesn't bother. 

I agree Broughton should resign after this. It's his responsibility and after his promise to review the processes last February it's happened again. The buck stops with him. He actually said in his February 23 interview that he didn't think the O'Brien and Brierley appeals would be successful and so it proved but with what appears to be a much more flimsy case we are appealing again. 

I'll probably spark some real debate on here but I really think that the job is too big for him. Sadly he is surrounded by many others who are in a similar vein.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I don't really know the motives behind it if it's true but my guess would be that there was a real fear that Tomasson would discredit them and their minions. That I believe is their inherent fear.

Dont know but it needs going to pune media somehow and a huge stinky squidgy turd needs leaving at venky towers

How do EFL clubs register a player? 

The EFL, in conjunction with the Football Association and the Premier League, operates an online registration system, which allows Clubs to submit all the necessary documents electronically via secure network. The process is designed to help clubs, asking a series of questions relating to the transaction which then flags which documents will be required. Only once all details have been competed can the Club submit the application.  Once submitted it will be available to both the EFL and Football Association who can work independently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

How do EFL clubs register a player? 

The EFL, in conjunction with the Football Association and the Premier League, operates an online registration system, which allows Clubs to submit all the necessary documents electronically via secure network. The process is designed to help clubs, asking a series of questions relating to the transaction which then flags which documents will be required. Only once all details have been competed can the Club submit the application.  Once submitted it will be available to both the EFL and Football Association who can work independently.

So how did we miss certain documents in last years transfers?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

So how did we miss certain documents in last years transfers?

Last year we filled it out wrong didn't we? And didn't get the correct info to them till after deadline 

• Like 2