BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/11/23

5 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

Our lack of quality depth is killing us. Only using 2 subs because there is noone to help change the game on the bench.  Preson could affect the game from the bench. Our subs did nothing.

Spot on. We were destroying them second half and then they bring on a load of subs who change the momentum. We simply cannot do that as we're relying on someone like Markanday to swing the game in our favour. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

Derby games are battles and made for teams with warriors. We don't have many of those so we often get bullied and end up losing.

That's really why we needed to keep Dolan on. He was the one player in the team who actually had the motivation to keep battling right to the end. Unless he was injured or seemed to be completely exhausted (didn't seem to be either, but maybe one of those is true) he needed to stay on. Without his drive up top we lost a lot of momentum. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, booth said:

When Markanday came on I said he wasn’t the player for this game and he proved it. But realistically, who on our bench was?

The delivery into the box from them could have been avoided by Markanday taking one for the team but he just allowed it to happen. Had it been the other way round one of theirs would have been in the back of them.

Yeah - certainly missed Gallagher, Hedges, JRC etc. it shows when we’re relying on Markanday to come on and change games!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

100%

Travis is not a RB. Moran showed some class but was dominated by Potts. Wharton needs dropped for a while but who replaces him? Three players that are not good enough at the minute for a team that wants to be in the top 6. 

On the positive side I thought Dolan was very impressive, full of energy and drive. Szmodics is a very good player. Brittain was one of our top performers too. Tronstad also impressed me at the start but I didn’t see much from him as the game went on. We hit the bar twice and I thought the final ball in for their goal was offside.

So we aren’t far away but as you said it is our lack of squad depth that is holding us back, we are missing that extra 10% that would push us to the next level. It’s a bit worrying that we’re suffering from lack of bodies at this stage of the season though, we’re going to really struggle in the new year as more players get tired and injured.

Well summed up. The lack of depth has a knock-on effect. We also lack experience, they bullied us at times tonight. 

1 minute ago, booth said:

Let’s be fair, the referee allowed that to happen. If he’s not going to book him for constant deliberate fouling he’ll keep doing it.

The referee was definitely not fond of the cards but I think this will have been a good lesson for Moran. Have to earn the right to play football at this level. 

7 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

He's cost us so many points and goals against us already?! He's utter dog shit?? What because he can sometimes ping a fucking ball 30 yards He's some kind of messiah? The lad is poor, half assed and never looks interested.

Go back and look at the games He's started and how many goals he cost us by giving the ball away all the time, it's unreal.. 

Blackburn lad but can't bust a gut against Preston? Give over

What's he dog shit at exactly? He makes certain mistakes as any 18 year old will by being asked to be brave on the ball.

Not that it says much, but he won the most tackles for us tonight and won the ball back the most.

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When you keep conceding at the death it just encourages your opponents to keep going when normally they have given up. Rovers must be known throughout the Div as not having what it takes to see a game out.

Think the commentator said 11 of our 25 goals against have been conceded in the last 15 minutes (I assume 12 out of 26 now, if I'm recalling correctly). I believe one of the stats showed we're the worst in the division for conceding late goals. It's definitely a huge problem. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When you keep conceding at the death it just encourages your opponents to keep going when normally they have given up. Rovers must be known throughout the Div as not having what it takes to see a game out.

Not having a striker doesn’t help as oppo managers know we get chances but struggle to score.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Think the commentator said 11 of our 25 goals have been conceded in the last 15 minutes. I believe one of the stats showed we're the worst in the division for conceding late goals. It's definitely a huge problem. 

Weak bench options. Stretched squad. Underinvestment reaping what Venkys have sown.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That and the opposition knowing we lack height and physicality throughout the side, not to mention having a nervous GK. 

But hey. We’re ‘creating value’. Apparently.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Think the commentator said 11 of our 25 goals against have been conceded in the last 15 minutes (I assume 12 out of 26 now, if I'm recalling correctly). I believe one of the stats showed we're the worst in the division for conceding late goals. It's definitely a huge problem. 

It has been for a lot longer than this season.

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Worst player for me was Sigurrdsson. just don't rate the lad. I'd take 7 or 8 of Preston's players - all big strong lads ideal for the Championship

Should have scored too. He’s been poor since the internationals.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Worst player for me was Sigurrdsson. just don't rate the lad. I'd take 7 or 8 of Preston's players - all big strong lads ideal for the Championship

Slightly surprised he wasnt taken off at HT, even more surprised he lasted as long as he did.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

He’s going to be playing Premier League football in the next couple of seasons and we’ll very likely be in the Championship.

He receives the ball very well, can get out of incredibly tight spots and picks passes most players on any pitch he’s on wouldn’t see. He’s encouraged to do so and all of the above increases the risk of a mistake. I think he’s been unfortunate, the mistakes have had real consequence but “giving the ball away all the time” isn’t accurate, for me.

I agree when he has the ball hisxwekness is when the other team  have it he just does not cover the ground fast enough and in the premier league for me he will be found out,  if he cannot handle of the ball tasks in the big league  he will have no chance  that the area has to improve on and quickly