BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/11/23

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The Adam Wharton hate and rapist love in here is mind blowing.

I'm beginning to think that some posters get a kick out of us losing then they can come on here and slaughter our own players and manager. I can accept criticism when it's justified. I really do wonder what some people see sometimes.

It's really weird.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I couldn’t agree more but the short corners and why shoot, when you can take another touch or pass is so frustrating. Sometimes you need to mix it up and just get it in the danger area. I would have liked him to put Ennis on for some physicality so at least we had an option to go long and fight for it.

100% didn’t deserve that…

We tapped it around well but didn’t do too much with it. Had a few good chances but really IMO never looked like scoring another, despite the nice passages of play.

Wharton & Tronstad did well.
Tronstad is unbelievably cool with the ball and always looks to make things happen…A unbelievable signing on a free if you ask me.

Szmodics again causing problems but we certainly lack physicality and height…Not too down, we just need a few signings in Jan…Not holding my breath.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I hate losing but I honestly can see that Tomasson is doing his absolute best here right now so I am prepared to be patient.

Then be prepared for a long time awaiting arbitro as the backing Tomasson needs for quality players will not be forth coming under Venkys.Feel sorry for our Manager tbh.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Football is cruel sometimes. Some of our approach play was excellent with crisp passing mostly off one touch and a real intensity to our play as we got on the front foot. The problem once again was the lack of an out and out striker who is clinical and could finish some of the chances we created. Lots of really good performances with Adam Wharton excelling for me until he tired late on. Hill and Tronstadt carried on from where they left off at Norwich with top notch performances. Preston were a cynical bunch and epitomise their manager. Woodman was wasting time after five minutes and how on earth they didn't gave another three booked is beyond me.

Tomasson is getting a great return from his players right now and one look at the bench tells you how difficult it is for him. If he had some backing I believe he could get us comfortably in the playoffs but he has been let down twice now. I hate losing but I honestly can see that Tomasson is doing his absolute best here right now so I am prepared to be patient.

Very fair assessment, losing last minute in a derby hurts, but we didn't play badly and the non existent striker came back to smack us in the mush yet again. I thought the build up play and short link up passing was some of the best I've seen this season and allowed us to break through their defence but alas again if we have no striker to aim for we are screwed.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Then be prepared for a long time awaiting arbitro as the backing Tomasson needs for quality players will not be forth coming under Venkys.Feel sorry for our Manager tbh.

It's more of a question of Tomasson is prepared to be patient in all honesty. I can see what he is trying to do and I am fully on board and supportive. The stumbling block lies several thousand miles away.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, cesus said:

Very fair assessment, losing last minute in a derby hurts, but we didn't play badly and the non existent striker came back to smack us in the mush yet again. I thought the build up play and short link up passing was some of the best I've seen this season and allowed us to break through their defence but alas again if we have no striker to aim for we are screwed.

**** i wish danny graham was 10 years younger,he`d be on his  way to 25/30  goals easily

Deflated, had a decent second half but the usual soft underbelly strikes again. Preston barely ventured forward but when they did almost scored every time.

We are so desperate for a striker, surely Ennis or Telalovic get a game soon barely seen either play yet. Siggy been awful for weeks so get Dolan out wide and one of the strikers starting.

It really stood out tonight how weak our team is we have no muscle or shit housery at all. If we do sign some players in January we need to bring in some beefcakes who can win headers/hold it up/cause a nuisance.

7 minutes ago, cesus said:

It is bizarre that we don’t have a striker but Szmodics is the league’s top scorer. 

• Like 3

I'm not going to get into a detailed breakdown of the match itself - they took their chances and we didn't, that's football.

I will say though that it was very telling that every single PNE player went over and shook the referee's hand and not a single Rovers player (or indeed the manager) acknowledged him when he was stood there, preening, with the ball at the end of the match in the penalty area near the Blackburn End.

If they actually assess referees then he can never be allowed to referee again - I've never seen a worse performance. Utterly abysmal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm not going to get into a detailed breakdown of the match itself - they took their chances and we didn't, that's football.

I will say though that it was very telling that every single PNE player went over and shook the referee's hand and not a single Rovers player (or indeed the manager) acknowledged him when he was stood there, preening, with the ball at the end of the match in the penalty area near the Blackburn End.

If they actually assess referees then he can never be allowed to referee again - I've never seen a worse performance. Utterly abysmal. 

I need some elaboration here because I don't know what you're referring to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Agreed. It was like watching up against the red scum. Unbelievable one sided.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Football is cruel sometimes. Some of our approach play was excellent with crisp passing mostly off one touch and a real intensity to our play as we got on the front foot. The problem once again was the lack of an out and out striker who is clinical and could finish some of the chances we created. Lots of really good performances with Adam Wharton excelling for me until he tired late on. Hill and Tronstadt carried on from where they left off at Norwich with top notch performances. Preston were a cynical bunch and epitomise their manager. Woodman was wasting time after five minutes and how on earth they didn't gave another three booked is beyond me.

Tomasson is getting a great return from his players right now and one look at the bench tells you how difficult it is for him. If he had some backing I believe he could get us comfortably in the playoffs but he has been let down twice now. I hate losing but I honestly can see that Tomasson is doing his absolute best here right now so I am prepared to be patient.

Can you have a word with your old mates and get that referee struck off, please?

1 minute ago, Penwortham Blue said:

It is bizarre that we don’t have a striker but Szmodics is the league’s top scorer. 

He is and that's great but he isn't an out and out striker. If we had someone who could match his tally by finishing some of our approach play off we would be pushing right at the top end of the table. Missing good chances cost us dearly last season and I'll wager now it will this season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Andy Bayes on Radio Lancashire was saying how good the referee had been because he never took centre stage !! Definitely should have been more Knob End bookings, dirty bastards.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I know you always put our defeats down to perceived shortcomings of the officials but that is a truly bizarre post. I thought the referee had an excellent game.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Completely agree. Didn’t have any big calls to make but was just incompetent throughout..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Can you have a word with your old mates and get that referee struck off, please?

I thought he was poor and missed at least four more yellow cards (one to Dolan) but more worrying was his lack of empathy and understanding of the game. Preston are renowned for the way they play on the margins but he allowed them too. How many times was Adam Wharton fouled? Invariably it was a different player doing it but it was a deliberate tactic to stop our most creative player. Their left back committed at least six fouls and should have been cautioned for persistent infringement. There were also quite a few tactical fouls that went unpunished.

• Like 2