BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (a) - 26/12/23

28 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Hyam and Carter/wharton are as good as most centre halfs in the league. 

Pickering and Britain/Hill decent fullbacks.

Tronstad and Wharton in the centre probably two of the best in the league.

There is no excuse for those 6 being part of the second worst defence in the league other than how they are being asked to play.

I could understand us lacking goals but no excuses at the back.

Yeah agreed, while all our players have weaknesses so does every Championship team. Its a reasonable squad in every position except striker and gk. These huge defeats full of soft gaols we are going down to are utterly unacceptable.

Pickering and Brittain have never been decent full backs.

Carter is overrated.

Wharton is being asked to do the job of a man in midfield and he's still very much a kid.

A reasonable squad except striker and GK. Pretty important parts of the squad those. We wouldn't have gone 1-0 down only for the keeper.

If anyone thinks this is an acceptable professional football club squad then you've forgotten what acceptable is.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, booth said:

What if that is their best at this stage of the season? (I believe it is without a decent break)

Between the lot of them, not one of our available strikers has scored 5 goals in the Championship. They haven't scored 5 between them.

If that is their best using the system we employ, then the system has to be changed.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DE. said:

I believe JDT is sorry and feels embarrassed.

Not convinced the players feel the same. How many winners in that team who are genuinely sore if we lose compared to passives who shrug their shoulders and forget about it soon afterwards? 

How many of those players took a 20% paycut this summer? I agree none of them seem sorry. We have no leaders. Look what happens when we go a goal down we capitulate. Against better/ more attacking opposition we lose 3 or 4 nil. Does Leo even care? He gets guaranteed games because no competition. Same as Ennis and many others

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Not True !

We have been suffering since the day the lunatics, sacked Sam Allardyce !!

No bro ...this making us suffer and killing by thousand cuts was born that day...They could not stand the revolt of peasants ...in thier minds they are royalties. 

Just now, rigger said:

If that is their best using the system we employ, then the system has to be changed.

What if it's the best they can do in any system?

Replace JDT with Allardyce and who steps up in that defence? Who do we clog it to upfront? Who scores the goals? Who saves the inevitable onslaught of shots in the last ten when we've given everything? Who on the pitch lifts the spirits of this embryonic team when we go a goal down? Travis? Szmodics? Or the softly spoken Hyam?

1 minute ago, miqaayil said:

No bro ...this making us suffer and killing by thousand cuts was born that day...They could not stand the revolt of peasants ...in thier minds they are royalties. 

Hmmm...but 1) look at the mind numbing damage they delivered long before the snowball!

2) what behaviour prompted the snowball in the first place?

• Like 4

What's going to be fascinating is that we have two more games in short order. Most managers, including Mowbray, in this sort of death spiral would drop the posession, passing etc, and just get compact and make it difficult for the opposition.

I reckon JDT might just stick to his guns, and then what do we do if we get two more losses?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, miqaayil said:

All our misery was born from that faithful day of SNOWBALL INCIDENT ....Venkys are deliberately making the fans suffer 

What a load of bollox the misery started the second they bought us and fat venky walked on the pitch with his unwashed hair and greasy man  tits hanging out .

• Like 7

In all but the Sheffield Wednesday game I have found some comfort in our performance, some positives despite the horrible taste of defeat. Today I simply can't offer anything in excuses, no positives whatsoever but instead lots of negatives and a sick feeling brought about by a gutless, spineless and utterly weak performance. I can't blame having injuries to key players when the starting eleven are so devoid of the passion we crave from our players. Not one player comes out of today with any credit at all. Slow, pedantic, poor decision making and physically weak was evident all over the pitch today and they all epitomised how poor we really were. Some of the players body language was awful today which is a huge worry for me going forward. They looked like they were feeling sorry for themselves and that is totally unacceptable.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, miqaayil said:

VENKYS ARE A SHOWER OF SHIT, SHOULD BE NOWHERE NEAR A EFL CLUB!

IF THEY WERE DECENT PEOPLE THEY WOULD FECK OFF TOMORROW AND GIVE THE CLUB BACK TO THE FANS.

• Like 5

Carter and Wharton pretty much the only two starters who can hold their heads up today. Garrett too when he came on, and at least Telalovic tried putting himself about.

The rest were varying levels of crap with Moran being woefully out of form and in dire need of a prolonged spell out of the side, a keeper who is costing us goals regularly, and possibly the single most gutless and cowardly player I’ve ever had the misfortune to see in a Rovers shirt at right back. 

JDT might well be fed up and has a right to feel aggrieved after the summer. Nobody is forcing him to be so bloody stubborn in his approach though.

I’m more worried that Wharton and Carter realise the club is going nowhere and decide it’s best for their careers if they move on asap.

We need some signings in January, and if that means forcing out some squad players, fine.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

What's going to be fascinating is that we have two more games in short order. Most managers, including Mowbray, in this sort of death spiral would drop the posession, passing etc, and just get compact and make it difficult for the opposition.

I reckon JDT might just stick to his guns, and then what do we do if we get two more losses?

4-3-1-2, playing with 2 strikers might add up to a goal threat.

Hill or Carter, Hyam, Wharton Pickering

Travis, Tronstad, Wharton 

Sammi

Ennis, Siggy.

And get the ball in their half a bit quicker.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Carter and Wharton pretty much the only two starters who can hold their heads up today. Garrett too when he came on, and at least Telalovic tried putting himself about.

The rest were varying levels of crap with Moran being woefully out of form and in dire need of a prolonged spell out of the side, a keeper who is costing us goals regularly, and possibly the single most gutless and cowardly player I’ve ever had the misfortune to see in a Rovers shirt at right back. 

JDT might well be fed up and has a right to feel aggrieved after the summer. Nobody is forcing him to be so bloody stubborn in his approach though.

I’m more worried that Wharton and Carter realise the club is going nowhere and decide it’s best for their careers if they move on asap.

We need some signings in January, and if that means forcing out some squad players, fine.

whilst i agree about Wharton, Carter and Garett... Telalovic  can try all he likes. he is not good enough.

Only positive is that I didn't bother wasting time or money travelling today, first time I've binned boxing day off in many years but simply couldn't be arsed. Been there loads of times and wasn't particularly hopeful for the team either. Absolutely dreadful from start to finish, Szmodics looked absolutely fuming, particularly at the wasteful Brittain. In fact most of the players seemed to be just going through the motions, there was no togetherness or team spirit on show today, something seemed badly wrong. I'm genuinely sat wondering which game I'll attend next, I'm far from inspired right now😔

I'm completely bored of it. I don't blame JDT, I think he's just got an almost impossible job, I feel sorry for him as you can tell he wants the best for the team, even more so for the fans. He'll see his contract out but he'll have no intention of staying beyond it. Then we'll no doubt end up with the cheapest option available. The outlook is grim, we all know the root cause of our problems but difficult to see them pissing off any time soon either.

• Like 2

If anyone can stomach it, can someone watch the replay of the first goal and explain to me what the actual fuck Wahlstedt was doing for the first goal. A traffic cone could have done a better job.

Am I unfair in saying he could have booted it as it seemed such a weak shot? I've seen defenders deliver more powerful passes back to the keeper.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

4-3-1-2, playing with 2 strikers might add up to a goal threat.

Hill or Carter, Hyam, Wharton Pickering

Travis, Tronstad, Wharton 

Sammi

Ennis, Siggy.

And get the ball in their half a bit quicker.

Turn that midfield into a diamond?

Tronstad

Travis.                Wharton

Sammie 

4 minutes ago, booth said:

If anyone can stomach it, can someone watch the replay of the first goal and explain to me what the actual fuck Wahlstedt was doing for the first goal. A traffic cone could have done a better job.

Am I unfair in saying he could have booted it as it seemed such a weak shot? I've seen defenders deliver more powerful passes back to the keeper.

Have seen it. Can't explain it..you would think after the weekend he would be even more desperate not to fuck up AGAIN. But no he has no ability to learn. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’m more worried that Whartonthing will change whilst Venkys and Waggott etc are involved.  and Carter realise the club is going nowhere and decide it’s best for their careers if they move on asap.

Nothing will change whilst Venkys and Waggott are anywhere near our club. Should be pressing for change.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Michael123458 said:

Folding against Huddersfield is not acceptable.

I think we need a massif result against hull and obviously Rotherham now. 

get behind them have another pint on top of the usual and just get behind the team. Atm what else can you say. 

We've folded against Sheff Weds and Huddersfield so just need Rotherham to complete the hat trick. 3 goals shipped against both teams, who weren't even good, it's terrible going. Rotherham will probably have their tails up after a decent win today too. A loss against them and the boos will be loud and clear.

• Like 1