BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (a) - 13/1/24

9 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

JDT's game management and subs can leave a bit to be desired but he's probably given up now. 

Don't really blame him tbh.  

Correct me if I'm wrong.  The brand of football is a 'club' decision - that is the director of football model.  Ergo, manager may leave/be replaced.  but new head coach  carries on the philosophy. 

Broughton/Waggot identify the 'head coach'.  He coaches as as per his remit, with the players provided by the DOF. 

Only way this changes, is a new DOF with a different philosophy.  No decent manager walks into this DOF model at Ewood. 

The squad is fucking woeful. No experience, physicality, height or pace...and its getting worse. 

First sacked should be Waggot, quickly followed by Broughton and the recruitment team - if we actually have one.  

It's just another in a long line of disastrous decisions by Venkys who also just need to fuck off. 

It was a club decision before Broughton turned up. From the owners.

I reckon that's why Mowbray kept trying to play possession football.

It's absolutely baffling. They knew the taps would be turned off but then appointed a DOF and told him that the remit was to play good football with a view to a promotion challenge. So he appointed a head coach to do just that. Then they told the DOF he had to make his own money, and the head coach to just deal with it.

When what should have happened is they should have planned accordingly, brought in a manager capable of grinding out results and a squad capable of doing so.

It's like someone with a split personality is reluctantly running the club.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

He's definitely had a mare and he's obviously culpable in conceding the goal but he's not the only one who needs to take the blame.

As you both say, the defending was abysmal as well.

Just what we need, a poor keeper and a shocking defence. Not sure Pears returning will change too much (but he does need to come back)

Pears has improved and come back in favour whilst not playing, such is football.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

• Moderation Lead
51 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

That header from Hyam on the second is something else.

2/10 performance from him. The guy needs to sort it out.

Whilst I absolutely agree that Hyam is playing terribly at the moment, I’m wondering if he’s been rushed back from injury too soon tbh.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

When the first 3 goals went it, i didnt even feel angry. I just wanted the game to end and from further embarrassment. Baggies didnt even have to go into 2nd gear. They let us try to come back into the game but decided to just give us a sucker punch in with the 4th goal.

I used to have the thought that surely we will try to come back into the game after conceding 1 or 2 goals but with this team, there's no fight in them. It's a young bunch but arent Sunderland also pretty young too?

I dunno where we are going from here tbh.

I don't accept the young squad excuse at all. It's total bollocks. They're all completely gutless and there is no excuse for that.

They're all soft as shit and get bullied by every other team because they're a bunch of pussies. Age has absolutely nothing to do with it, they all need to have a cup of concrete and harden the fuck up.

Absolutely pathetic.

By the way, the average age of our Premier League title winning side was 24. I never saw them get bullied by anyone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, booth said:

It was a club decision before Broughton turned up. From the owners.

I reckon that's why Mowbray kept trying to play possession football.

It's absolutely baffling. They knew the taps would be turned off but then appointed a DOF and told him that the remit was to play good football with a view to a promotion challenge. So he appointed a head coach to do just that. Then they told the DOF he had to make his own money, and the head coach to just deal with it.

When what should have happened is they should have planned accordingly, brought in a manager capable of grinding out results and a squad capable of doing so.

It's like someone with a split personality is reluctantly running the club.

Well they can't be too happy now losing every game and the value drifting down on the players...

48 hours later and I am still smarting over watching the worst half of football I've seen in a long time. It was awful.

I said it in September and I'll say it again now; this Rovers team is too small, has no pace, and no old heads to teach the young lads the ropes. It's a recipe for disaster.

It's sad to say but the 10 or so points needed to stay up need to come quickly.

• Like 3

On 13/01/2024 at 20:41, BankEnd Rover said:

Pears got injured! Who else was he going to stick in next.

Leo was a risk buy, sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t…Sadly for him it’s not quite working out - He needs a loan.

I meant signing him, you can't beat a keeper with a bit of height to cover all angles.

On 13/01/2024 at 22:43, Oldgregg86 said:

Pears is injured . Who is he supposed to pick. He tried Hilton in the cup and he was as shit as the other two 

I meant signing him, you can't beat a keeper with a bit of height to cover all angles. We have conceded far to many goals while Whalsted as took over.