BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (a) - 13/1/24

Well, Matty JDT is paid to improve the team & avoid relegation.

Continuing to do what doesnt work helps no-one (least of all JDT and his managerial/coach reputation).

Granted Venkys underfunding is the real issue. However a country like India probably has a different concept of where the lines are drawn on sport/entertainment/business and what it is worth ultimately.

2 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Well, Matty JDT is paid to improve the team & avoid relegation.Continuing to do what doesnt work helps no-one (least of all JDT and his managerial/coach reputation).

Granted Venkys underfunding is the real issue. However a country like India probably has a different concept of where the lines are drawn on sport/entertainment/business and what it is worth ultimately.

So all the focus shouldn’t be on JDT then, should it?

Edited by Mattyblue

3 hours ago, ABBEY said:

I was opposite ..got home from work sat down and by time I'd chilled I was close to one of those tiktok TV smashing clips , ended up in the doghouse as I lost my shit big time.

Gotta say, I agree. Yesterday I was furious. Hence earning myself a 12 hour ban. Not sure I can watch much more of JDT doing the same thing and expecting different results.

3 hours ago, Tom said:

The goals are awful and Leo is obviously shambolic at the moment but for me the first goal is as much if not more on the defence.

the keeper has to claim it once it’s got to him but nobody would expect we’d just not win the header and let it through.

Hyam’s contribution for the second is just awful, not even sure what he’s attempting with that header 

That is the problem, I think the Team is so terrified of balls coming into the box with Leo in goal, that they are not doing the basics.

4 hours ago, JBiz said:

We don’t even help ourselves either - I mean how many goals come from losing the ball in our own half, sometimes own final third?

The bloke is either stubborn or stupid. Surely a plan B, when we’ve a makeshift defence, would involve clearing your lines first if we’re deep in our own half being pressed. 

Absolutely no chance of that. Opposition managers have figured out “if we give them the ball, they’ll more likely hurt themselves”

Abso fucking lutely. 

That back 4 just can't play out from the back. Every goal they scored stemmed from our piss poor fannying at the back. Scotty Wharton is a big solid lad who will win his share of 50-50s bit he will never be a ball playing centre half while he has a hole in his arse.

Hyam has regressed to non league standard and if Brittain had a flag it would be a white cross on a white background. Add to that a keeper with no discernible goalkeeping attributes and it's a heady mix of going the fuck down.

Shite.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

No arguments from me Matty, that JDT isnt the paramount issue here.

However he is paid to coach/manage/improve the team. Turning into Owen Coyle II does his own reputation no favours. 

Of course he bears a responsibility for the debacle of this season. He’s the head coach.

Just strange to read (especially from a  switched on poster like Joey) that he is solely responsible.

Edited by Mattyblue

He said on radio lancs after the Rotherham game “We know we have to take a 2 goal lead to win games” or something to that effect. The commentators were staggered at the admission particularly Kevin Gallacher.

He won’t change I don’t think.

Edited by roverblue
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

He was even at it again at one of his brum press conferences banging on about the buffet and how lucky the assembled media were. Folk lap that innocent old fool shit up and he knows it. Whether he’s always been like that or honed the skill here I don’t know. Either way I want to punch the tv every time I hear him

I read and listen to a few interviews from his time at Boro and Cov when he was in his later stages here. He either has great PR or he's just a wily old dog but it really like a set script for certain situations just insert latest club/fans/owners in the gaps.

If buttering up were an art form Tony Mowbray would be the best tutor you could learn under.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, roverblue said:

He said on radio lancs after the Rotherham game “We know we have to take a 2 goal lead to win games” or something to that effect. The commentators were staggered at the admission particularly Kevin Gallacher.

He won’t change I don’t think.

My mate was watching on a stream yesterday and i presume it was WBA tv or something as they were West Brom fans and he said they were very critical of JDT and Rovers.  Not just about the day but the past month and they were agast and what they'd been seeing and hearing to the point he said they were feeling sorry for Rovers fans.

Having had their own recent problems they recognised what is going on here i think.

It's not a good situation however it's dressed up and he is digging himself a massive hole but he seems to be happy to die by it.

Edited by tomphil

A few of us got together yesterday for this. Walked out at half time straight back to the Vine pub! Won’t be rushing back to an away game with this current setup.
Rovers must be the softest side in the entire football league. Apart from possibly Tronstad, none of the players put their bodies on the line. The only other one who did has been loaned out to Ipswich.

What has happened to Dom Hyam? I thought he was a colossal hard defender. He’s anything but at the minute. He looks like an unfit uninterested Sunday league centre half who’s been out on the razzle all night.

The lack of desire is epitomised by Callum Brittain. When he scored at Millwall I thought we had a real player. I’m speculating that he has a bit of an attitude problem. He was pathetic for their 2nd goal. He should have been hauled off for his half hearted attempt at closing & blocking the shot.

Were Leonard, Moran & Sigurdson even on the pitch yesterday?

When you pay £28 for a ticket, the least the players can do is give their all for the shirt & fans. They didn’t yesterday and that’s the most annoying bit.

Edited by the original david brent
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, tomphil said:

My mate was watching on a stream yesterday and i presume it was WBA tv or something as they were West Brom fans and he said they were very critical of JDT and Rovers.  Not just about the day but the past month and they were agast and what they'd been seeing and hearing to the point he said they were feeling sorry for Rovers fans.

Having had their own recent problems they recognised what is going on here i think.

It's not a good situation however it's dressed up and he is digging himself a massive hole but he seems to be happy to die by it.

They said we couldn't beat s pub team and we were the dog and duck. Worst side they've seen in years snd worst motivation ever seen from a manager who wasn't interested.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The multi angle views on the goals is something to behold. The first one truly unbelievably inept be the whole defence.

Try Leo as a striker, he is not and never will be a keeper.

Several players staring at Wahlstedt wondering what the ****?

Screenshot2024-01-14at15_44_12.thumb.png.92a0aa922ebf679f27adc2f0d2c90957.png

Even in the absence of adequate defending that ball was able to be dealt with by the keeper.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, booth said:

Even in the absence of adequate defending that ball was able to be dealt with by the keeper.

Didn't cover himself in any glory for sure but it should never have been allowed to get to that point in the first place.

Defenders didn't get anywhere near in dealing with that long throw.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, the original david brent said:

A few of us got together yesterday for this. Walked out at half time straight back to the Vine pub! Won’t be rushing back to an away game with this current setup.
Rovers must be the softest side in the entire football league. Apart from possibly Tronstad, none of the players put their bodies on the line. The only other one who did has been loaned out to Ipswich.

What has happened to Dom Hyam? I thought he was a colossal hard defender. He’s anything but at the minute. He looks like an unfit uninterested Sunday league centre half who’s been out on the razzle all night.

The lack of desire is epitomised by Callum Brittain. When he scored at Millwall I thought we had a real player. I’m speculating that he has a bit of an attitude problem. He was pathetic for their 2nd goal. He should have been hauled off for his half hearted attempt at closing & blocking the shot.

Were Leonard, Moran & Sigurdson even on the pitch yesterday?

When you pay £28 for a ticket, the least the players can do is give their all for the shirt & fans. They didn’t yesterday and that’s the most annoying bit.

To be fair to Brittain, the shot for the 2nd went through his legs. It happens. He's a right back - and a good one when he's playing well - not a left back

Agree with the rest. I felt the players bar Tronstad and Garrett were just going through the motions. That's all down to the manager.

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Didn't cover himself in any glory for sure but it should never have been allowed to get to that point in the first place.

Of course, it was abysmal, but you'd expect your goalie to make up for it.

Who was that player who climbs on Wharton as he's about to jump for the ball then misses it anyway? Utterly fucking bizarre to make sure your own better equipped CB can't jump for it.

Edit. I've just realised it's Hyam! That's even worse. Ffs.

Edited by booth

27 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

They said we couldn't beat s pub team and we were the dog and duck. Worst side they've seen in years snd worst motivation ever seen from a manager who wasn't interested.

That's exactly what he was texting to me but of course we aren't allowed to criticise our own team in some quarters !

He said they were amazed JDT was still in the job and wouldn't be for much longer according to him and it's a far cry from the 'best we've played' this season line.

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's exactly what he was texting to me but of course we aren't allowed to criticise our own team in some quarters !

He said they were amazed JDT was still in the job and wouldn't be for much longer according to him and it's a far cry from the 'best we've played' this season line.

Do they know the full story like we do?

1 minute ago, booth said:

Do they know the full story like we do?

No idea perhaps someone else could confirm if they mentioned budget cuts etc.

Even so the lack of action or interaction ob the bench was very noticeable to them and that's not good enough. The whole lot sat there emotionless like they didn't want to be there is no good to anybody.

2 hours ago, booth said:

At school and then in my whole time playing football I never played with a keeper who would have not, quite easily, dealt with it competently.

I could have, and I've never played as keeper.

It was a few steps being pathetic.

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Our defenders were too busy holding and pushing or being held or pushed themselves and no one appears to have thought it would be a rather good idea to have a go at clearing the ball.

That doesn't explain Leo being rooted to a spot, asleep and oblivious to what was happening.

The ball was within a foot, maybe two, of him and he made no attempt.

I'm still stunned by how abysmal he is at basics.

He and others, need to be shown that video by JDT and asked WTF was that all about.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

2 hours ago, booth said:

Of course, it was abysmal, but you'd expect your goalie to make up for it.

Who was that player who climbs on Wharton as he's about to jump for the ball then misses it anyway? Utterly fucking bizarre to make sure your own better equipped CB can't jump for it.

Edit. I've just realised it's Hyam! That's even worse. Ffs.

9 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Our defenders were too busy holding and pushing or being held or pushed themselves and no one appears to have thought it would be a rather good idea to have a go at clearing the ball.

That doesn't explain Leo being rooted to a spot, asleep and oblivious to what was happening.

The ball was within a foot, maybe two, of him and he made no attempt.

I'm still stunned by how abysmal he is at basics.

He and others, need to be shown that video by JDT and asked WTF was that all about.

He's definitely had a mare and he's obviously culpable in conceding the goal but he's not the only one who needs to take the blame.

As you both say, the defending was abysmal as well.

Just what we need, a poor keeper and a shocking defence. Not sure Pears returning will change too much (but he does need to come back)

JDT's game management and subs can leave a bit to be desired but he's probably given up now. 

Don't really blame him tbh.  

Correct me if I'm wrong.  The brand of football is a 'club' decision - that is the director of football model.  Ergo, manager may leave/be replaced.  but new head coach  carries on the philosophy. 

Broughton/Waggot identify the 'head coach'.  He coaches as as per his remit, with the players provided by the DOF. 

Only way this changes, is a new DOF with a different philosophy.  No decent manager walks into this DOF model at Ewood. 

The squad is fucking woeful. No experience, physicality, height or pace...and its getting worse. 

First sacked should be Waggot, quickly followed by Broughton and the recruitment team - if we actually have one.  

It's just another in a long line of disastrous decisions by Venkys who also just need to fuck off. 

• Like 6