BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (a) - 13/1/24

33 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

JDTs biggest mistake of the Season, Whaldsted in goal. Watching him it's like a schoolboy between the sticks the size of him. If we don't get a result against Huddersfield next Saturday, it could be his downfall when the boos ring out and the chant turns to jdt out !!.

Why is that his fault? He’s our main goalie through no fault of his own.

Though I’d be happy to stick our tallest youngster in goal right now. Failing that just dig out Tony’s tombola, including kit man and groundskeeper.  

Or stick a wig on a cone.

2 hours ago, onlyoneDuff said:

Hyam and Brittain are not up for a relegation battle...seem I remember the Barnsley fans saying the same about Callum...absolutely no will to win the ball by either of them and Dom seemed to lose every aerial duel without making contact. I though Walton was the worst GK in the last 20 years but Leo needs to be shipped out...take the financial loss but get him off the books....only one who gets any credit is Garrett who ran all day long

Spot on Garrett was the only player ,worthy of wearing the shirt an excellent goal as well ..

Even managed to upset the Albion fans !

Leo is the worst goalkeeper that's played more than 5 or 6  games I have ever seen ..

Starting with Blacklaw and Barton many years ago ! 

I heard Kaminski was there today ,I shudder too think what he thought about it !

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Hes certainly gone backwards since he arrived and if the idea is to improve players it's not working is it with defenders and keepers.

Brittain, Hyam, Carter, Pickering are all decent players. Think if we imported Lenihan, Bell, Nyambe anyone into this system when confidence is low and with a terrible keeper theyd get hammered.

The issue is we are trying to play champagne 424 football when we are conceding 4 goals every week. Its absolute lunacy.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Just looking at Lewis Travis Instagram and the support from our players is unreal. Well liked player and respected captain, and some still argue there's no unrest in the team 

There was unrest in the team before the end of last season when the word was out about the budget cuts and Waggott wanting to sell anyone of any worth, and release anyone on decent wages.

They all knew it.

2 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Just looking at Lewis Travis Instagram and the support from our players is unreal. Well liked player and respected captain, and some still argue there's no unrest in the team 

If there really is no unrest in the team, then we are truly in the shit.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, booth said:

There was unrest in the team before the end of last season when the word was out about the budget cuts and Waggott wanting to sell anyone of any worth, and release anyone on decent wages.

They all knew it.

Correct !

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

Players will blame everything and everyone rather than look in the mirror at themselves. Travis was clearly a popular member of the group but if players are sulking because he has gone and if it's affecting their performance then they can all leave for me. The body language from too many players was shocking today - where is their professional pride?

Some of the most vocal support is from Szmodics, who has been imperious this season and gives his all for the badge. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Players will blame everything and everyone rather than look in the mirror at themselves. Travis was clearly a popular member of the group but if players are sulking because he has gone and if it's affecting their performance then they can all leave for me. The body language from too many players was shocking today - where is their professional pride?

How much pride can you have when you're playing for venkys FC?

Whatever you do to try and improve things for the club, the people above will just sabotage it. There's only so much a person can take before they stop giving a fuck.

• Like 2

It’s ridiculous that our captain is lining up for a promotion chasing team this evening. He did well too in a vital win by all accounts. We appear to have brought in 2 unproven youngsters as replacements. What on earth are we playing at? 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

Some of the most vocal support is from Szmodics, who has been imperious this season and gives his all for the badge. 

He does but if players were upset about Travis going and took it into today's game then Szmodics would be exempt because he wasn't playing. I have no problem with players being supportive of a ex teammate but if they are sulking because of it then that speaks volumes for their lack of character. After Hyams display today I would take the captaincy off him and give it to Szmodics. Hyam just isn't a natural leader.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

How much pride can you have when you're playing for venkys FC?

Whatever you do to try and improve things for the club, the people above will just sabotage it. There's only so much a person can take before they stop giving a fuck.

Whilst them imbeciles own the club I at the very least expect every Rovers player to have pride and be fully committed. Today that seemed to be in short supply.

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 minute ago, arbitro said:

He does but if players were upset about Travis going and took it into today's game then Szmodics would be exempt because he wasn't playing. I have no problem with players being supportive of a ex teammate but if they are sulking because of it then that speaks volumes for their lack of character. After Hyams display today I would take the captaincy off him and give it to Szmodics. Hyam just isn't a natural leader.

Eh, they've been utter rubbish plenty of times when Trav was here too, so probably nothing in it beyond Travis having a lot of friends in the dressing room who genuinely want to see him do well.

Agree on Hyam - not even close to being captain material from what I've seen. We don't have many leaders in the team, which is part of the reason we are where we are, but Szodmics and JRC - when fit - are better picks imo. 

With that said, players know who the actual captains/leaders are, regardless of who is wearing the armband. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Eh, they've been utter rubbish plenty of times when Trav was here too, so probably nothing in it beyond Travis having a lot of friends in the dressing room who genuinely want to see him do well.

Agree on Hyam - not even close to being captain material from what I've seen. We don't have many leaders in the team, which is part of the reason we are where we are, but Szodmics and JRC - when fit - are better picks imo. 

With that said, players know who the actual captains/leaders are, regardless of who is wearing the armband. 

I was responding to a post that used the Travis social media support to suggest it's the reason there is unrest in the team.

This club couldn't even fill a match day squad today ... the game followed in the same manner. Pathetic from top to bottom. We have a goalkeeper that literally can't keep goal. We have defenders who can actually defend but all of a sudden can't, it's truly a nightmare for a fan.

Deep down we all know that the cavalry coming to save us are Hedges, Pears, JRC and Gallagher. Good lord.

• Like 2

The players will know what the people above the coaching staff are up to behind the scenes. The dirty tricks, scheming, manoeuvring. 

The aim of their game is to get players out of the door, get some cash in and get their wages off the books, replace them with academy kids and loanees on 1/3 of the money.

I suspect Travis saw this coming some time ago which is why he was expressing a desire to leave. He won't have been the first - I think Lenihan, Ayala, Nyambe, Diaz, Rothwell and many others also fell victim to it - and realised their futures had to be elsewhere because the 'powers' decided their time was up.

I imagine there is utter bewilderment in the dressing room at Rovers and at Ipswich at the situation and this will only grow over the coming weeks as we hurtle towards the bottom 3 with the most porous defence in the league whilst he starts ever game for a side sat 2nd. 

It was an utterly outrageous move clearly not motivated by footballing considerations but these sort of suspicious and strange stunts have been all too common under the scum.

There's nothing to add to the match thread for me. It was awful but the manager knows what they've done and what the crack is here. He's waiting for the sack. He's about to make his third big mistake:

1) Joining this hideous organisation

2) Not walking when he had the chance last summer after a good first season

3) Thinking the scum are going to fire him - they won't - they'd rather see us drop into League One

• Like 7

• Backroom
21 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I was responding to a post that used the Travis social media support to suggest it's the reason there is unrest in the team.

I know, I was kind of following on from your answer as opposed to directly responding to it. Should have made that clearer.

• Like 1