BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (a) - 13/1/24

8 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

The owners can't give it at the moment due to Indian tax law changes. There's an hearing in the last week of Janurary as to whether the Venkys can release funds for transfers.

Nothing to do with tax law changes. The  hearing is necessary because Venky's are being investigated for false declarations and tax dodging

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Here we are again... an underperforming manager that can't be held accountable thanks to the owners.

JDT isn't the problem but the reality is even if he was... there would be nothing we could do about it. We would have to watch them continue to not get results beyond the norm of any other reasonably ran, ambitious club.

As I said mid week, we have owners that are not fit and proper. They are incapable of running a football club. 

It will never change until Venky's are out of this club.

Fortunately, I doubt jdt will ever get the cult following that moggadon had. *ill add the caveat I’m referring to cult as in Manson family rather than cult hero. However, starting to hear the same old excuses.

If not mowbray jdt then who else. Who will come here. Then the tried and tested train of thought that because Venkys are horrendous it absolves jdt for all sins and makes him good. The Venkys are shit AND jdt is shit.

Trying to maintain a little bit of optimism:

Rovers are 10 pts above drop zone. And, we are getting guys back. Those three clubs in the bottom are pure rubbish. 

We will be safe, but the conversation wasn't supposed to be, "can we secure safety", but, "can we make playoffs" 

Edited by WacoRover

May as well just get Gary Bowyer back if the only aim of the club is to blood young players to sell on and bounce around the championship, at least the team showed a bit of heart with him

(I'm being semi sarcastic i don't really want bowyer back I just want us not to be shit) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

The owners can't give it at the moment due to Indian tax law changes

No. The owners can’t give at the moment because they’ve been bullshitting to the Indian Authorities where their money has been going.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I was surprised we weren’t lower.

We’re bottom of this one though…

Spineless.

But let’s loan out your non-playing captain and bring in some kids 👍👍

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Rovers are 10 pts above drop zone. And, we are getting guys back. Those three clubs in the bottom are pure rubbish. 

We will be safe, but the conversation wasn't supposed to be, "can we secure safety", but, "can we make playoffs" 

Your optimism lasted three sentences 😂

16 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Another season with next to nothing to play for, apart from survival I suppose. Wake me up in May please.

The defending and keeping for the goals today was nothing short of amateur. Absolutely unacceptable.

He's been dealt a rough hand but when players look like they don't know what they are doing it's coming down to the coaching. 

We're in trouble anyway but lose against Huddersfield (who have already beaten us comfortably once already) it'll be panic stations.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

The owners can't give it at the moment due to Indian tax law changes. There's an hearing in the last week of Janurary as to whether the Venkys can release funds for transfers.

I understand this, there's a very obvious answer to it all tho

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Ipswich with Travis starting won 2-1 against Sunderland tonight.... Travis in a promotion push....must feel he's in wonderland...

Won't want to come back here next season even if Tomasson is gone. 

This has all the signs of a manager losing the players , whether it be his treatment of Travis , his stubbornness in style of play or whether rumours of him applying for other jobs has filtered into players minds but something broken between JDT and some senior players , the players who are coming in for most of the criticism are much better than what they have shown in the last 8-10 games … are they playing to get him the sack 🤔

• Like 8

worrying signs the players have downed tools,the above post has it spot on

the amount of posters on here who slagged travis off and now say it was a mistake to get rid off him🤣🤣honestly he`s a limited player who will get found out at ipswich,he`s not the reason we have suddenly gone all ****

• Like 1

Wharton is an issue.
Supremely talented, but how we play him leaves us wide open.  He’s terrible off the ball and teams can just run through us. He needs to be further forward, but that means disrupting Sammy and he won’t be able to press as JDT demands from his players who are further forward.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

Before the defeat at Sheff Wed we were playing really well and everyone was waxing lyrical about JDT. Confidence has been shattered by some horrendous defensive and goalkeeping performances of late. Players need to take some responsibility, too easy to blame the manager when it’s them making so many howlers

• Like 3

Just got home. Would just like to say, what a total shower of shite that was. I’m a JDT fan, but sorry this was bad. If it’s not relegation this year, next year for sure. And no, I’m not over reacting.

When a team can’t defend, it means one thing…

• Like 6

looking back now on a few of our games from mid december it`s reminded me of some of the games under ince,where it was blindingly obvious the players were trying to get him sacked,no fight,no passion and kamikaze defending,though having a goalkeeper who is completely without any goalkeeping ability can`t help

What a shambolic, chaotic defensive display that I witnessed today. There has been lots of fans asking to bring experience in but today we had an experienced back four who couldn't do the simplest, easiest and most basic aspects of defending. I can't remember when I last saw an experienced defender like Hyam pulled around like he was by Thomas-Asante. He was in front of him, behind him, pulling him into the other half whilst Hyams head was on a swivel looking for him. I don't think I've seen a marder pair than Brittain and Sigurdsson for a long time. I think back to Jim Branagan, a really limited player with a big heart. Those two are the opposite - give me a Branagan anytime. So disappointed with us today and this is going to take some fixing as the body language of too many players didn't give me too much hope going forward. My real doubt is that too many won't be up for a scrap and we are certainly in one after today.

There has to be scrutiny about the managers position when you are losing games particularly the manner of some of those defeats. Personally I still think he is the right man but I am seriously questioning too many players right now. For their first goal we had four players in a position to defend the throw and not one accepted responsibility. I still don't know what Hyam was trying for the second and the third was comic cuts. I didn't really see the fourth but I was told Hyam was culpable in that one too. I expect more from a captain.

We stayed right to the end as I wanted to see the players reaction and that was generally feeble apart from Tronstadt who held his hands up and said sorry. The others who bothered just gave a little clap and then scarpered.

• Like 7

No confidence in Leo and I don't think rovers players have either. With a half decent keeper we would have seen better results. 

First goal today was typical of his play. Waiting on the line when he should have been commanding his area.

• Like 3