BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (a) - 13/1/24

15 minutes ago, Ricky said:

We have a group of lightweight pretty footballers so are they really going to win their battles against seasoned pros who aren’t worried about getting kicked.

The Irish Foden, that has to be a joke lol, is not going to go flying into a 50/50 with an experienced championship midfielder.

Adam Wharton will be an outstanding football but we can’t keep ignoring the defensive side of his game which isn’t just lacking, it’s non existent.

We are very luck to have a bit of a buffer. We’d be screwed otherwise. 

I think this is a really good and often ignored point re Adam.

He’s wonderful with the ball however the gaps he leaves in midfield are criminal. Given the risky nature of the way he plays, he needs to develop his awareness of the impact of losing possession/not covering certain areas.  

For someone who sees a pass so well going forward he’s not great (or not bothered) at reading the game defensively. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Too many drawn in by JdT’s media skills and ignorant of his failure to get the best out of the players we have.

I'd say it's more that as recently as a month ago (the Bristol City home win made it 7 wins in 11) there couldn't have been any argument that he was getting excellent results and therefore the most out of an underfunded, injury hit squad with enormous question marks about key positions at both ends of the pitch. 

Given the amount of games we've had since and how bad we've been in almost all of them, yeah, things can change quickly and he needs to fix it - but results across the whole of his tenure were very good until a month ago, nothing to do with his media skills.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lancaster Rover said:

As I’ve said many times, I thoroughly enjoy JDT’s style of play and his philosophy but have become dismayed with his lack of flexibility, plan B or ability to recognise when things need to change.

For the first time however last night I thought you arrogant/smug prick after watching his interview with Andy Bayes. On the one hand he’s inviting media and  fans to blame him yet when questioned about the impact of being on the touchline or sat down he states that the most important thing is winning personal duels. I accept that all footballers are arrogant and that singleminded ness is needed however last night it was arrogance bordering on delusion and a total inability to accept his role in our current failures.

I’ve seen all the stuff on Instagram about the dressing room having gone, no idea whether I believe that or not however I can’t imagine the players being too happy with him throwing them under the bus when he sat and washed his hands of them second half.

Thanks..have seen it and posted the link. I think Andy isn't asking the right questions. He should be questioning what the hell is going on at the club. Whether JDT sits down or not makes no difference to the quality of the players we have. You can train them to win their duels but if they don't perform and the bench is half injured or youth he hasn't got much options. Standing and screaming at the players won't help 

• Like 1

When the first 3 goals went it, i didnt even feel angry. I just wanted the game to end and from further embarrassment. Baggies didnt even have to go into 2nd gear. They let us try to come back into the game but decided to just give us a sucker punch in with the 4th goal.

I used to have the thought that surely we will try to come back into the game after conceding 1 or 2 goals but with this team, there's no fight in them. It's a young bunch but arent Sunderland also pretty young too?

I dunno where we are going from here tbh.

17 minutes ago, frosty said:

I'd say it's more that as recently as a month ago (the Bristol City home win made it 7 wins in 11) there couldn't have been any argument that he was getting excellent results and therefore the most out of an underfunded, injury hit squad with enormous question marks about key positions at both ends of the pitch. 

Prior to that run we lost 5 out of 6 league games starting from September. But JDT doesn’t mention that in his interviews so it doesn’t get parroted back on here.

42 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I think this is a really good and often ignored point re Adam.

He’s wonderful with the ball however the gaps he leaves in midfield are criminal. Given the risky nature of the way he plays, he needs to develop his awareness of the impact of losing possession/not covering certain areas.  

For someone who sees a pass so well going forward he’s not great (or not bothered) at reading the game defensively. 

That lad has to leave for the sake of his development.

Leo was slowly improving through November after a rocky start, then he had a poor game at Sheff Wed and his game has completely fallen to pieces since.

You can get away with ‘project’, ‘value add’ signings in other parts of the pitch, not in goal.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Thanks..have seen it and posted the link. I think Andy isn't asking the right questions. He should be questioning what the hell is going on at the club. Whether JDT sits down or not makes no difference to the quality of the players we have. You can train them to win their duels but if they don't perform and the bench is half injured or youth he hasn't got much options. Standing and screaming at the players won't help 

Tell that to fergies kids .

They're kids a good bollocking works wonders. Even stood on the line giving instructions will help but sitting on ya arse thumb up ya arse giving the as you were does shag all to help.

Yes it's a shit hand he is playing with but anyone with even half a braincell for football knowledge will know what it's like working for the venkyscum. If he don't like it as much as he is hinting then swallow your pride and resign and give the presser of all pressers, PL  did.

Don't sit there moaning and fucking groaning and hinting at stuff . 

##venkysout 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

When the first 3 goals went it, i didnt even feel angry. I just wanted the game to end and from further embarrassment. Baggies didnt even have to go into 2nd gear. They let us try to come back into the game but decided to just give us a sucker punch in with the 4th goal.

I used to have the thought that surely we will try to come back into the game after conceding 1 or 2 goals but with this team, there's no fight in them. It's a young bunch but arent Sunderland also pretty young too?

I dunno where we are going from here tbh.

I was opposite ..got home from work sat down and by time I'd chilled I was close to one of those tiktok TV smashing clips , ended up in the doghouse as I lost my shit big time.

• Backroom

The goals are awful and Leo is obviously shambolic at the moment but for me the first goal is as much if not more on the defence.

the keeper has to claim it once it’s got to him but nobody would expect we’d just not win the header and let it through.

Hyam’s contribution for the second is just awful, not even sure what he’s attempting with that header 

• Like 3

I've seen quite a lot over social media now saying they are sick of his constant whinging and whining towards the club.  Saying although they understand the situation and like the guy he simply has to get on with it or bugger off.

Whilst it's justified he isn't doing himself any favours.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course JDT will now start to get it in the neck, managers always do (well apart from Teflon Tony) on the back of horror runs.

But how much grief did these get owners today? And will get if results continue like this? Zero, I would wager - this fanbase has an almighty blind spot when it comes to diagnosing the root cause of this disastrous decade. 

Whilst Tony had his loyalists, I thought from coming on here, Twitter and at games (largely away) in 21-22 the vast majority of fans believed it was time to go for him, especially as the rot set in. Perhaps it wasn't always the case before. Maybe I was in an echo chamber as I was desperate for him to go. 

Of course Venkys are the issue, and people have a huge blind spot. Even those who don't will react and respond to events on the pitch and that will receive their ire, probably due to the real problem being thousands of miles away. We couldn't get to them when we had PL exposure, halving the crowds didn't help. I'm genuinely at a loss how we get them to go. 

Focusing on Swag for me is a good start. 

• Like 2

I don't think Ewood was very pro TM at all but rather it maintained a dignified stand off due to the credit he had in the bank and the 'nice guy' schtick which he repeats ad nauseam at every club he goes to almost word for word.

There were plenty pissed off but i'd say more downtrodden and disappointed than raging anger although sooner or later it would have blown it always does.  Some seem to have turned a blind eye to the increasingly regular 'Mowbray sort it out' chants and the boos at half time etc.

Had we not turned that famous Johnson number 9 Derby match around he'd have got it then i'm pretty certain.

Anyway hes gone and there is no comparison to JDT anyone who makes one (and they are) at this stage is a clown as what Mowbray had and what hes been dealt in his short time here are worlds apart. 

Of course he got ‘sort it out’ from time to time and the team got boos, just standard stuff from a crowd in a poor performance, but I’ll re-phrase Ewood was very, very accepting of TM and was never close to turning, not a chance the standard empty and soporific midweek Ewood would’ve against Derby (we went 4th that night by the way, so why would it?) - whereas it will on Saturday if we go a goal or two down.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

due to the credit he had in the bank and the 'nice guy' schtick which he repeats ad nauseam at every club he goes to almost word for word

He was even at it again at one of his brum press conferences banging on about the buffet and how lucky the assembled media were. Folk lap that innocent old fool shit up and he knows it. Whether he’s always been like that or honed the skill here I don’t know. Either way I want to punch the tv every time I hear him

• Like 2

This inane grinning by JDT reminds me so much of Owen Coyle and the defending is becoming so,so similar. Coyle had a threadbare budget as well. Goalies were Jason Steele & David Raya(a youngster then)vastly superior to our current pair of Pears & Wahlstedt. 

However the defenders like Wes Brown,Gordon Greer,Adam Henley were quite a bit worse than the current crop.

We all know how that ended up.

So either concentrate on defending sensibly and change the goalie. Forget all about buying strikers and having a midfield overload.

If JDT cannot do that, then he should do the honourable thing.

• Like 4

To be honest I think JDT is suffering very severely in the fans eyes because he doesn't seem to be doing anything about it.

If results were the same, but we were more defensive and not committing players forward etc, then I think the fans would be more focussed on the fact we have signed a really poor keeper and no strikers. Theyd see the manager is responding to the situation but needs help.

But that we continue to play the ultra open way we are when shipping 2+ goals every game and losing virtually every one means that all the focus is - quite rightly - on him.

• Like 5