BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (a) - 13/1/24

A few days before an important Championship match and no match thread so I thought I'd start one.

The Hawthorns has been a decent ground for us in recent years with a mixed bag of results. We will be looking for our first double of the season having beaten them at Ewood of in the first game of the season. With three wins, two draws and a defeat in their last six games it will be a real test although goalscoring has been a problem for them. They will be missing arguably their most creative player in Diangana who is away with DR Congo in the ACN. Maja and Phillips are also out but Dike made a goalscoring return from injury recently and will be a real threat.

Hopefully at least one of our injured players can return to strengthen us. 

• Like 1

i can predict the game easily

we start brightly,look threatening and miss a few good chances,west brom adapt,we push to many men forward.give the ball away in a stupid area and west brom hit us on the counter,same after half time when we concede on a set piece,game is over by the hour and we concede again towards the end,i`ll be very surprised if we get anything out of this

i like jdt but he needs to adapt against the better sides in the division,they slice  through us to easily imo

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v West Bromwich Albion (a) - 13/1/24

I'm thinking of going. West Brom is one of my favourite away trips, a ground I like and a decent set of fans. Last 2 games have been draws for me there and I'd be happy with a point this time. 

Anyone know if we can pay on the gate? 

10 hours ago, tomphil said:

WBA  2   Rovers   2

It's time for a draw, well concede early and late but be 2-1 up in between.

We drew the last game, with that ratio our next draw will probably be in April!

Twenty games to go and a ten point buffer from the relegation zone. Will have to hope that's enough as if we drop into the bottom 3 at any point I don't see this squad having the bottle to get out of it.

Could be a close run thing on current form. Can't see anything for us at West Brom so the gap could be shaved a bit more.

I think we're lucky that we have that 10 point buffer and think that and picking up a few more results in the next 20 games will see us through. I do think we'll be looking over our shoulder but don't see us entering the bottom 3 at all.

Next season is the big worry if the transfer window's follow suit from this season.

West Brom 1-2 Rovers 

I think we will be nowhere near relegation come season end.

We have had an awful 6 weeks but prior to that we were comfortable in the top half of the table and most season only a few points outside top 6.

With Gally, Hedges ,Dolan, Pears and most importantly JRC to return , along with a couple of signings to strengthen the squad we will finish top 10.

When you are looking forward to the likes of Pears, Gallagher, Dolan and Hedges returning and need it as soon as possible, it perhaps shows the current state of the squad. They would all genuinely improve not only the squad but the team. Gallagher is a lot better than the other 3 strikers who all shouldn't be around the first team, Pears is a mistake waiting to happen yet somehow is less error prone than the current clown, Dolan often flatters to deceive and Hedges likewise but is a step up from the underwhelming Moran.

The problem is that its unlikely that they will come back and we will avoid other injuries that will still leave us short. 

Edited by roversfan99

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Twenty games to go and a ten point buffer from the relegation zone. Will have to hope that's enough as if we drop into the bottom 3 at any point I don't see this squad having the bottle to get out of it.

Could be a close run thing on current form. Can't see anything for us at West Brom so the gap could be shaved a bit more.

I think relegation talk is very premature.