v West Bromwich Albion (a) - 13/1/24

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Ah or could still be the ultra attacking 4231 like this

Leo

Carter.    Hyam.   S Wharton.  Brittain

Tronstad.   A Wharton

Moran.      Garrett.       Sigurdsson

Leonard

Given we haven't really changed away from four at the back all season more likely to be this I think.

I’d go with that but swap Garrett for A Wharton. Having said that I can’t paint a picture were we win - unless WBA really are shite.

3 minutes ago, ageoftherover said:

No Szmodics is a blow but I reckon this line up will surprise today. 2-1 Rovers. A Wharton and Leonard scoring and a good game from Leo.

That would be a serious surprise. I think it looks a terrible line up consisting mainly of a mix of out-of-position selections and league one quality with a good smattering of 'out of form' to set us up for a pasting.

Brittain at left back and Carter at right back is enough to suggest West Brom are going to have a field-day here. 

• Like 2

Just now, Devon Rover said:

That would be a serious surprise. I think it looks a terrible line up consisting mainly of a mix of out-of-position selections and league one quality with a good smattering of 'out of form' to set us up for a pasting.

Brittain at left back and Carter at right back is enough to suggest West Brom are going to have a field-day here. 

Why? The only winger Carter has struggled with this season is the one for Girona. Nobody at this level is good enough to massively worry him. 

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

This is getting tiresome.

It's really bleak, isn't it? Club dying and I tune in each game to watch the latest depressing instalment. 

It's January 13th. No meaningful replacements for those pushed out the door/recalled. A decent LB brought in on loan but unable to get a game when our (mediocre) LB is out. Still no striker. 

It's almost as if Venkys aren't going to make this a "Dream", or even the absolutely essential basics, transfer window needed. Who'd have thought?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d go with that but swap Garrett for A Wharton. Having said that I can’t paint a picture were we win - unless WBA really are shite.

Id be surprised - JDT likes his passers in the middle 2 and his pressers in the front 4

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Why? The only winger Carter has struggled with this season is the one for Girona. Nobody at this level is good enough to massively worry him. 

I don't understand this? Carter has played centre back most of the season.

1 minute ago, Devon Rover said:

I don't understand this? Carter has played centre back most of the season.

Neither Hyam or Wharton can play FB. Carter played RB at Portsmouth for a season. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

The state of that team.

Obviously its on the owners how stretched we are. Only 8 subs including 2 who can only do 10 minutes each and one who will never come on.

But weve just signed a left back and an attacking midfielder. When our first choices are ill, why not just bloody play them? Instead of playing 2 players out of position instead of Chrisene and Garrett as a number 10.

West Brom look stretched too.

• Like 1

Szmodics not playing pisses all over the little bit of optimism the returns of some of the injuries had brought about. Can’t see where a goal is coming from, but hope I’m wrong.

Ennis not even making the bench. Becoming a worse signing by the week.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Ah or could still be the ultra attacking 4231 like this

Leo

Carter.    Hyam.   S Wharton.  Brittain

Tronstad.   A Wharton

Moran.      Garrett.       Sigurdsson

Leonard

Given we haven't really changed away from four at the back all season more likely to be this I think.

This will be it

30 minutes ago, gazza1981 said:

The good news is is that JDT appears to playing Moran in a central position . the no 10. I expect we will see a good game from him.

And if he doesn’t will you accept he’s less Phil Foden and more Phil linagap

16 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

It's really bleak, isn't it? Club dying and I tune in each game to watch the latest depressing instalment. 

It's January 13th. No meaningful replacements for those pushed out the door/recalled. A decent LB brought in on loan but unable to get a game when our (mediocre) LB is out. Still no striker. 

It's almost as if Venkys aren't going to make this a "Dream", or even the absolutely essential basics, transfer window needed. Who'd have thought?

Death by a thousand cuts. After 60+ years of support I find it increasingly harder to be enthusiastic about a game. I will watch out of habit. I almost wish I could give it up, there's not much enjoyment but it's nice to watch a proper footballer like Adam W.

The "tiresome" was in reference  to the Moran spiel but it does apply to our general situation.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Don’t shoot the messenger, but RoversTV had this up a minute ago…

IMG_4842.png

Rovers TV has had players missing from the bench at times this season. It’s probably some EFL staffer looking at the same Google search result as Moran’s Uncle Gary.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Don’t shoot the messenger, but RoversTV had this up a minute ago…

IMG_4842.png

It would seem almost perverse to play the only full back we have at right wing... but stranger things have happened. JDT does seem to prefer Brittain further forward.

• Like 1

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

It would seem almost perverse to play the only full back we have at right wing... but stranger things have happened. JDT does seem to prefer Brittain further forward.

I’d rather have him further forward than at left back to be honest. If he is on his wrong side he will frequently turn back in on himself and play worrying backpasses.

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

I wouldn’t have given it much credence, save for Garrett being a lefty and us only having 8 subs, as both Szmodics and Pickering fell ill overnight.