4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pears

Brittain Carter Hyam Pickering 

Tronstad Wharton

Moran      Szmodics    Sigurdsson

Telalovic

Subs- Wahlstedt Wharton Gamble Garrett Ayari Leonard Gallagher JRC Chrisene 

I'm going for Rovers win

Based on JDTs comments I cant see JRC making the bench.

I am pretty sure that we will go 4231 (424 more accurately, as Szmodics plays as a striker really) like you have there but maybe with Leonard up front as he scored.

If it was up to me Id get Garrett in there to give us some more bite in the tackle. Maybe just go 433 and drop Telalovic / Leonard for him.

Leo

Brittain.    Carter.    Hyam.    Pickering

Garrett.    Tronstad   Wharton

Moran.    Szmodics.   Sigurdsson 

This is the sort of game we look like we will lose on paper but often get a result from.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 3

I've got zero confidence in our ability to keep a clean sheet I'm afraid, and the that's the only way we get anything here.

Last 4 championship games in a row for them have had a single goal in, a 1 nil smash and grab probably the only way.

I suspect the instruction from JDT will be to come out all guns blazing and try and nick an early goal to influence the game. We've done that numerous times this season but just not managed the actual goal part! You never know, it'll happen 1 day.

A weak performance from wahlstedt surely means his last first team game for the foreseeable with Pears waiting in the wings now. Genuinely hope he can come out and play a blinder today but I'm not convinced.

• Like 1

1300 tickets sold and pay on the day could see 1500 Rovers fans at the Hawthorns today.

Once again it's a great effort and I wonder how many we would sell if we we were in the top six.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I've got zero confidence in our ability to keep a clean sheet I'm afraid, and the that's the only way we get anything here.

Last 4 championship games in a row for them have had a single goal in, a 1 nil smash and grab probably the only way.

I suspect the instruction from JDT will be to come out all guns blazing and try and nick an early goal to influence the game. We've done that numerous times this season but just not managed the actual goal part! You never know, it'll happen 1 day.

A weak performance from wahlstedt surely means his last first team game for the foreseeable with Pears waiting in the wings now. Genuinely hope he can come out and play a blinder today but I'm not convinced.

It happened against Watford, to no avail.

17 hours ago, arbitro said:

With two under 21 matches (Sunday and Wednesday) maybe there will be an opportunity for some of the returnees to get some game time. 

Pears played midweek and said today's bench warmers will get minutes tomorrow if they don't get minutes today.

5 hours ago, Polky said:

Over in Houston for a wedding so will miss this one. 

Fingers crossed for a response from the lads and a clean sheet.

Going for a 1-0 win!

Hopefully you won't get to hear "Houston, we have a problem" from The Hawthorns

Have a great time!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Polky said:

Over in Houston for a wedding so will miss this one. 

Fingers crossed for a response from the lads and a clean sheet.

Going for a 1-0 win!

It's live on ESPN+ in the US, and chosen for international TV 

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/4688042/west-bromwich-albion-vs-blackburn-rovers/

The EFL have not as yet really succeeded in selling their products to Asia Far East, who are PL brainwashed.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

1300 tickets sold and pay on the day could see 1500 Rovers fans at the Hawthorns today.

Once again it's a great effort and I wonder how many we would sell if we we were in the top six.

Probably not that many more but it shows again the great hardcore we have as a town club which these billy big bollock clubs don't understand.

We have just about the worst run of form in the Championship over the last few months i'm amazed there's over 600 going !

Edited by tomphil

Our followings are now consistently higher than what we were taking away in the 2000s as a Premier League club.

This club still has a load of untapped potential despite what a load of our own small time fans will try and tell you.

• Like 2

Ahhh….here we go again with the madness that is the Championship. I have totally given up on predicting games in this league and thus have no idea how todays game will end.

Will the boys have one of those rare good performances today? Perhaps West Brom have one of those days where nothing works? Perhaps both play shit and it ends up a boring draw? Or perhaps both teams go all out and we end up with something like 5-4 in the end? Or we might get a solid beating by a fired up West Brom…..endless possibilities !

Well…I have beer, match on telly here in Norway (Viaplay Sport 2), nice weather and happy girlfriend and dog so I guess a loss is inevitable in the grand cosmic scale of things. So much for no predicitons! COYB!!

59 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Our followings are now consistently higher than what we were taking away in the 2000s as a Premier League club.

This club still has a load of untapped potential despite what a load of our own small time fans will try and tell you.

Thats' fascinating... I think we have around 16th most away fans turnout on average.. so obviously there is an upturn in away fans at game generally?

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I think the growth on the back of the Prem era of a lot of young local lads following the club and old enough to be off to away games helps.  It has become fashionable again and lack of nightlife and anything else to do round Blackburn makes a day on the lash at the footy out of town more appealing than it once was.

Regardless of us not being very good these days.

Midlands games were badly attended often in our later Prem era.

This will be a comfortable win for WBA. They're very strong at home and we're just rubbish generally so they'll win easily.

At least some of our players are on the way back though so we may start picking up some points after today.

• Like 1