BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Eustace - our head coach

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly thought we were talking players not managers.

And how do you know Eustace isnt hard and aggressive behind the scenes? 

He is very demand and constant shouts instructions from the touchline. Guess you didn't see that yesterday. 

Good guess!

However, after following Rovers home, away and in Europe for cica 60 years, circa 50 years as a season ticket holder, I don’t need lectures!  I can readily recall my dad taking me down to Johnny Forbes on Northgate for my first season ticket as a 5 year old.

Whilst we have, IMO, imbecilic owners and an equally imbeciilic CEO, I will not be setting foot in Ewood Park again.

For those who swallow all the, IMO, Waggott sh1te then good luck.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Good guess!

However, after following Rovers home, away and in Europe for cica 60 years, circa 50 years as a season ticket holder, I don’t need lectures!  I can readily recall my dad taking me down to Johnny Forbes on Northgate for my first season ticket as a 5 year old.

Whilst we have, IMO, imbecilic owners and an equally imbeciilic CEO, I will not be setting foot in Ewood Park again.

So you weren't there yesterday. That's all I was asking Mercer. 

No need for any lectures from towards given I will continue to support my team through the good and bad times No questions asked Mercer. 

Rovers till I die

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So you weren't there yesterday. That's all I was asking Mercer. 

No need for any lectures from towards given I will continue to support my team through the good and bad times No questions asked Mercer. 

Rovers till I die

So you were there yesterday and I wan't for a Championship match - what do you want, a feckin Blue Peter badge?

When you've watched the Rovers in shit holes like Tranmere, Halifax, Chesterfield and Mansfield in the old Third Division on cold Friday nights / Saturday afternoons then you have earned your colours.

'Rovers till I die' - hope there's a bit more to your life than Rovers!  This shower of sh1te are simply not worth it.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

So you were there yesterday and I wan't for a Championship match - what do you want, a feckin Blue Peter badge?

When you've watched the Rovers in shit holes like Tranmere, Halifax, Chesterfield and Mansfield in the old Third Division on cold Friday nights / Saturday afternoons then you have earned your colours.

'Rovers till I die' - hope there's a bit more to your life than Rovers!  This shower of sh1te are simply not worth it.

So your stance is that if someone isn't 50+ they've not earned their colours as a fan?

Lovely stuff. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So your stance is that if someone isn't 50+ they've not earned their colours as a fan?

Lovely stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Lovely stuff. 

I didn't say that!

Object to someone who goes to Preston for a Championship match and infers 'I'm not a real supporter' as I wasn't there.  Feckin shite. 

Are you Chaddy's brother?

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

So you were there yesterday 

Correct 

That's all down to age Mercer, can't help it I'm not 40 yet. 

Rovers are massive part of my life and I continue to be so. I will attend every home game and so away games. If it isn’t for you fine but no reason to lecture me

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Object to someone who goes to Preston for a Championship match and infers 'I'm not a real supporter' as I wasn't there.  Feckin shite. 

Never infers anything of the sort, but I was there and Seen what Eustace is likr on the touchline. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

6 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I’m not saying it won’t be tight, but people saying we’re nailed on for relegation are confusing us with Rotherham.

I guess their gloom is based on our performances which have been dire for a while now. I agree we're not nailed on for relegation though this season. The future currently looks very bleak however.

We are always one set piece away from defeat it seems to me.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Disagree with this mentality.

Ie: I'm older than you, so I'm a superior supporter.

It's obviously bollocks. I didn't choose when to be born, so the early 90's is the furthest back I go.
That doesn't make me any less of a supporter than someone who happened to be born earlier than me.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Andy said:

It's obviously bollocks. I didn't choose when to be born, so the early 90's is the furthest back I go.
That doesn't make me any less of a supporter than someone who happened to be born earlier than me.

That is not what I said.

Being 'targeted' by someone who was at Deepdale yesterday and knew I wasn't, inferring I wasn't a 'real fan' is utter sh1te.

There are many on here who followed Rovers in dark, dark days before the likes of you and @chaddyroverswere even twinkles in your dads' eyes!

No one is saying because we are older we are superior supporters.  The point being made is upstarts should think carefully before shooting their mouths off about supporters who helped keep the club alive in the real dark days following the club wherever they played  and letting the then 'powers that be' know what we felt with pitch invasions and demonstrations on Nuttall Street.  We were not like today's keyboard warriors, happy clappers, content to sit on our hands and do feck all.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To be fair, that last bit does surely imply that younger fans than yourself are inferior.

Not quite.

What you have to remember is that for those of us who started supporting Rovers in the 1960's, life was very different.

Mobile phones and social media didn't exist.  If we weren't happy, we had to find a way to express our displeasure and believe me, we did!  

We lived and followed the club through some of the 'crappiest' times imaginable, times many of today's fans would, I suggest, find too distasteful.  I remember league games in the 1970's when we had less than 4,000 on Ewood - might be wrong here but recall a last league game of the season in 1970's in Division 3 when we had just over 3,000 fans on Ewood. 

When some of us still followed Rovers home and away in those dark days, it's insulting to be criticised because we weren't at Preston yesterday.  But for those 3,000 to 4,000 hard core back in the 1970's, the club wouldn't be here today.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To be fair, that last bit does surely imply that younger fans than yourself are inferior.

Not how I read it, he means he has seen darker days at a lower level and the supporters then got off their hands and demonstrated, have you ever seen that ?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Good guess!

So sorry to read this, Mercer.

I feel your pain.

Fck off, Venky's...and the FA and everyone, who has colluded with this scenario.

I always wondered why the Rovers focused Dispatches programme never went out back in 2012 or whenever it was. As for Jim White and his "Venky's, we're coming for you", don't make me laugh!

There really is nobody out there to come to our aid.

I hope the forthcoming TV game is a start of something...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Worth hours of your time on-line though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i can understand eustace philosphy at the moment,just make us defensively better and harder to beat,hopefully next season he can actually give us an identity and an attacking plan,though personally i think he`ll be off when he finds out there is no money to spend despite us spending hardly anything this season and taking in 18 million from adam wharton

Is he?

I remain hopeful and he deserves more time to get his system in place, but so far I see a reduction in our attacking threat with little improvement defensively. If anything, he's just benefited from having a slightly fitter squad than the one that JDT was dealing with for the final 5-10 matches of his tenure. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andy said:

To be fair to Mercer, he doesn't say that at all. He just says that people who go to less attractive games deserve some recognition for their devotion (I think).

@chaddyrovers @Mercerwe are all friends and fellow rovers fans here. Let's not allow the venkys to get us divided.

Back to JE..

He's reporting bucko back with u21s and he is keen to reintegrate him back into the first team, depth we need urgently. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24126685.eustace-blackburn-rovers-injuries-john-buckley-plan/

• Like 1

Be good to have Buckley back. Can't rush him though, he's had two really unfortunate and really bad injuries in the last two seasons.

Will be interesting to see how Eustace uses him. We need something in midfield, we haven't got the squad to just hoof it every time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Chaddy himself admits he doesn’t go to many away games these days. So I think our Merce has fallen into one of the Chadster’s brfcs rabbit holes.

No I don't get to many away games for various personal reasons but not down any financial, Cos who is head coach , CEO or owners. 

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

@chaddyrovers @Mercerwe are all friends and fellow rovers fans here. Let's not allow the venkys to get us divided.

Back to JE..

I have no personal problem but his comments on Eustace not being this or that, or that we need "aggressive, hard bastard who takes no prisoners" head coach. I asked how did he not know Eustace is like that behind the scenes(which got no answer btw) and I commented on what Eustace is like on the touchline and shouting out instructions and demand more from the players in the 3 games he has been on the touchline for Rovers  

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Be good to have Buckley back. Can't rush him though, he's had two really unfortunate and really bad injuries in the last two seasons.

Will be interesting to see how Eustace uses him. We need something in midfield, we haven't got the squad to just hoof it every time.

Yeh we are so short in MF. Especially without Adam now.

Bucko has had a tough season but he wasn't terrible in TM tenure. Maybe JEs approach to man management (ie calling gally a gentleman who then scores) can get the best out of bucko?

1 minute ago, NeilInBristol said:

Yeh we are so short in MF. Especially without Adam now.

Bucko has had a tough season but he wasn't terrible in TM tenure. Maybe JEs approach to man management (ie calling gally a gentleman who then scores) can get the best out of bucko?

He'd actually started to get into some good form before the knee injury. 

• Like 2

""He has come in and been a breath of fresh air, real positive thinking. He's told the lads that he's very keen to work with this group and that's what we want to hear. We want to work with him too." Hedges

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24127893.hedges-sends-clear-blackburn-message-eustace-impact/

was he one of the "senior players" at the meet? @J*B

Edited by NeilInBristol
Attached link
  • Like 3