BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

He hasn't accepted responsibility but said all processes would be reviewed and another situation false where we missed the deadline to sign a player. Was the review ever done or was it lip service to appease us. Silvester has gone so he undoubtedly is the fall guy but but I am told Broughton is going too allegedly in a cost cutting exercise.

Make of that what you will.

So back to square one with signings being made based on agents' recommendations and contracts being allowed to run down.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rochdale Blues said:

He was at the game on Saturday. Saw him with Yasir Sufi. Also saw Gregg Broughton, but no sign of Steve Waggott.

Probably in the boardroom scoffing all the pies.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, alcd said:

Hyam won't be staying unless he signs an extension as he's out of contract next summer. Suspect he won't sign as rumour has it he wants to go south back to his family. 

Please god. I'll give him a lift. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, J*B said:

Might be true but Waggott has told me face to face that Fleck was his recruitment, they had known each other for a long time and once it looked like Adam was going Waggott personally rung “Flecky” and Sheff Utd to do a deal - which was essentially “you’ve 6 months left on your contract and aren’t playing for Sheff Utd, we will take over your deal”.

It came out of waggots mouth so the chances of it being a lie are incredibly high.

But he's also that thick that he'd be strutting about like he was the man after making that deal.

I'm sure he'll have picked up a nice bit of comission as well

Posted (edited)

Considering the last striker we signed was from the German 4th division, i'd be absolutely delighted with Aaron Connolly.

He might not have an 8-pack like Telalovic, but he's always looked very dangerous and lively against us, and he knows where the net is.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 2

On 06/05/2024 at 16:15, roversfan99 said:

We didnt sell Brereton, those same owners who are getting credit chose to stubbornly reject bids. Same with Rothwell.

If you own a Championship club then losses are unfortunately par for the course unless you get promoted.

And we all know the reasons why they only own a Championship club nowadays... just!

6 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Considering the last striker we signed was from the German 4th division, i'd be absolutely delighted with Aaron Connolly.

He might not have an 8-pack like Telalovic, but he's always looked very dangerous and lively against us, and he knows where the net is.

If we could get him and 1 more striker in I'd be content

Sam Gallagher just isn't what he was when we had him on loan and got the ball into the box for him

Plus he's 6ft4 he should be a bully against opposition cbs but he's been absolutely useless since he's returned

His best attribute is his work rate but he just doesn't score enough unfortunately 

16 minutes ago, JustARover said:

If we could get him and 1 more striker in I'd be content

Sam Gallagher just isn't what he was when we had him on loan and got the ball into the box for him

Plus he's 6ft4 he should be a bully against opposition cbs but he's been absolutely useless since he's returned

His best attribute is his work rate but he just doesn't score enough unfortunately 

Agreed!

Yeah Gally has to go, despite what he does offer, he's an expensive striker who doesn't get you goals. They need to trigger the 1 year option in his contract and make him available for 1.5m pronto.

Then, if the Club has any money or ambition at all (which I doubt), they need to go for Jay Stansfield. Maybe £3/4m with a decent sell-on for Fulham does it?

31 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Agreed!

Yeah Gally has to go, despite what he does offer, he's an expensive striker who doesn't get you goals. They need to trigger the 1 year option in his contract and make him available for 1.5m pronto.

Then, if the Club has any money or ambition at all (which I doubt), they need to go for Jay Stansfield. Maybe £3/4m with a decent sell-on for Fulham does it?

I agree about Gally. He’s turned into a non scoring striker. We can’t afford that if we sell Sammi.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Agreed!

That's it he offerss a good worker

But for what he's supposed to other he just doesn't

He barely scores or chips in with assist 

But I'd prefer us to sign someone who can create their own chances and a big bully type players who defenders just hate

Edited by JustARover

I see it going like this - 

McFadzean - New one year deal

Fleck - New one year deal

Gallagher - Option taken

Dolan - Option taken

Sign - 3 or 4 loans

Sell - Szmodics, Hyam

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I see it going like this - 

McFadzean - New one year deal

Fleck - New one year deal

Gallagher - Option taken

Dolan - Option taken

Sign - 3 or 4 loans

Sell - Szmodics, Hyam

That's what I'm seeing us doing including 3 or 4 frees if their on cheap wages

• Like 1

Just now, JustARover said:

That's what I'm seeing us doing including 3 or 4 frees if their on cheap wages

Yep, Waggott will be straight on the blower to Coventry asking if they've any players they don't want... embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Yep, Waggott will be straight on the blower to Coventry asking if they've any players they don't want... embarrassing.

Signing someone from Liverpool or Brighton on loan and pushing Gilsenan to the side when he deserves his chance 

• Like 2

If the first few signings are cheap donkeys, good luck with the season ticket sales, I know quite a few that are waiting on the fence to see what way it’s going to go this summer. 

I will submit my guess at a player that ends up here-

jonathon panzo 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

If the first few signings are cheap donkeys, good luck with the season ticket sales, I know quite a few that are waiting on the fence to see what way it’s going to go this summer. 

I will submit my guess at a player that ends up here-

jonathon panzo 

I'm one of those!

I'll go with Liam Kelly, due to be released by Coventry, Waggott will be drooling.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1