BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 5/3/24

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Until Waggott and the Venkys leave you're asking the wrong question.

I meant if he was still here in this shit show of situation regarding JDT leaving etc.. for me Venkys and Waggot should be the first ones out. They're a shame!

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

Stoke and Plymouth may just keep us up. They're our best hopes anyway. I'd also be very surprised if Sheff W can keep up this kind of form and the worry for them will be that they're still not out of the bottom 3 despite incredible results. They have Leeds and Ipswich next so that will be tough.

I actually thought we'd draw tonight and then beat Plymouth on Sat, who I think have run out of steam. But I wouldn't back us to beat anyone right now so we could quite easily lose too!

Remember us losing 3-0 at Plymouth.

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

Stoke and Plymouth may just keep us up. They're our best hopes anyway. I'd also be very surprised if Sheff W can keep up this kind of form and the worry for them will be that they're still not out of the bottom 3 despite incredible results. They have Leeds and Ipswich next so that will be tough.

I actually thought we'd draw tonight and then beat Plymouth on Sat, who I think have run out of steam. But I wouldn't back us to beat anyone right now so we could quite easily lose too!

Said a lot which is similar in the relegation thread. Great minds! Did add the Brum managerial situation can't help them and we know how dreadful they can be. 

Only thing JE has done is get us conceding fewer goals.

With Leo in goal, honestly Im grateful for a point. Of course he needs 3 at the back with that goalie! I could even understand a Pulis"4 central defenders" in front of Leo.

Oh and that so-called supporter who said super Sammie Szmodics isnt amongst the 100 greatest Rovers players of all time needs to be ex-communicated. Stop being such a snob about "great technique"in players.

When is Broughton going to give us his explanation of the McGuire/Fleck/Leo fiasco he created???

• Like 1

We need an outlet when playing this system. Negative pace in this team.

With the amount of injuries we have, it's deeply concerning what we've witnessed for the past few league games. Still no wins for Eustace. He must've been the cheapest and quickest option.

19 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Who wouldn’t take JDT back at this stage. At least we created chances to score. Now we’re conceding and not anywhere near scoring. 

As bad and boring as these tactics are blame has to fall on GB and the owners.  The only funds we’ve spent are in a kid that can’t get off the bench and a keeper who dives away from the ball.

McGuire should be thanking his stars we pushed the wrong button. 

I didn't want him to leave in the first place, but he's a man of ambition and integrity and he'd been lied to. He rightly jumped on the first life raft out of here. 

• Like 6

That performance is on Eustace for me, tactics very confused at the end.

Won’t face many poorer sides than that Millwall team tonight.

Tronstad, Hedges and most importantly Pears need to be fit for Saturday. Huge game again and dare I say it…MUST WIN!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Travis an unused sub today...would had been good with Buckley today. Strange move.

He wouldn't have made a difference tonight. Would only have gotten into a dog fight with their lot.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Let’s see… lions had one shot on goal, & they score. Leo had to make one save; he didn’t do it. Defending sounds great, ‘keeping atrocious. 

Is pears back for the next game or are we going to have to suffer again further with Leo? It's like playing with 10 men

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Plymouth and Sheff W. at home are massive games. 

They are all massive games. The problem is we win none of them.

Millwall, 4 shots on goal the whole game and 1 on target---the goal!

We're a mess and it will be a miracle if we survive. Number of clubs below us with a game in hand and only 1 point behind.

That 10 point gap that protected us not long ago has been frittered away. We are a shell of a club.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, rog of the rovers said:

That performance is on Eustace for me, tactics very confused at the end.

Won’t face many poorer sides than that Millwall team tonight.

Tronstad, Hedges and most importantly Pears need to be fit for Saturday. Huge game again and dare I say it…MUST WIN!

Someone mentioned Tronstad is out for four weeks. Hedges is no saint I'm afraid.

Looking forward to the post match interview with Eustace. Getting Kean vibes here...

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

He wouldn't have made a difference tonight. Would only have gotten into a dog fight with their lot.

He's a genuine Championship player and experienced though. How many others of that ilk have we got?

A real blunder that one especially with the games coming so thick and fast and fatigue being such a factor.

Well we could have this team in league one next season if something doesn't change..

Wahlstedt

Carter, ORiordan, Wharton Pickering,

Rankin-Costello, Buckley, Garrett, Gilsenan

Leonard, Telalovic

Edited by neophox

Just now, NeilInBristol said:

Is pears back for the next game or are we going to have to suffer again further with Leo? It's like playing with 10 men

Pears was awful for both the goals on Saturday. He's not the messiah. 

• Like 2

Are we ever going to see Gilsenan get a run? 

This side is crying out for some direct attacking flair and creativity, utter dross again 

• Like 3