BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 5/3/24

2 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I genuinely believe that anything less than 3pts on Saturday is nailed on RELEGATION.

if we don`t go down this year then it`s going to happen next season,can you see venkys releasing any of the adam wharton money or the raya sell on fee,no,it`s not going to happen and we`ll have a side languishing in the bottom three all season,better just to let it happen sooner rather than later,it`s inevitable

• Like 1

The basic problem is that everyone below us is winning.🤔

There are two places downstairs now and Wednesday are on a tear. Won 5 games out of 6 with a worse owner than us.

At least he was smart enough to sign a good manager

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if we don`t go down this year then it`s going to happen next season,can you see venkys releasing any of the adam wharton money or the raya sell on fee,no,it`s not going to happen and we`ll have a side languishing in the bottom three all season,better just to let it happen sooner rather than later,it`s inevitable

Another deliberate  relegation , very similar to our Premier demise....

Roll on the Indian court case and administration !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

There are two places downstairs now and Wednesday are on a tear. Won 5 games out of 6 with a worse owner than us.

Worse than ours ???

We have had 13 years of these idiots ...

• Like 3

More walking football. Nobody is actually running on to the ball . We play in front of teams all the time and never get in up the sides. We play standing still stuff in little bunches, sooner or later we balls it up. it so easy for an opponent to nip in and steal the ball.

Great goal from Sammi, the goal of a man in top goal scoring form. No hesitation - bang - far corner. The lad is priceless.

I’ll have more to say tomorrow.

I watched Ipswich later. It was like they were playing another sport. Pace, high tempo, never say die attitude. Chalk and cheese.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Disagree the Wednesday owner is worse than Venkys. A loose cannon yes, but I don't think anyone is as awful as Venkys and that includes the Reading owner.

They really are despicable.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 8

Drab, lifeless dross served up yet again by a manager and team hurtling towards League 1.

Eustace saying that it is a good point sums him up. Playing a back 5 throughout with Pickering at RWB when 3 points were there for the taking tells us all we need to know. New manager bounce? Still hasnt won a game and is dishing up some Appleton esque football where the players dont really look like they know what they are doing, poorly coached summed up by taking that corner at the end how they did. Its hard to see what Eustace is trying to do, its not as if hes even come in and weve kept more than one clean sheet.

The set of players we have are as poor as I can remember too. Go right through the team, only Szmodics (who was poor aside from his goal but his constant supply of goals is giving us any chance) has any right to feel any pride. Wahlstedt making himself as small as possible. McFadzean and Wharton are uncoordinated lumps and Hyam is a coward of a captain. Garrett is a League 2 player, Buckley has had a mixed time back and tonight was more of an indicator as to why he sat on Wednesdays bench and Dolan and Gallagher were totally ineffective. The subs bench is essentially a conveyor belt of shite.

• Like 8

Under JDT we were hurtling towards relegation. Now we will go down with a whimper. Probably pick up an unexpected draw or two against the better sides, but we will only draw at best with those around us.

Awful tonight. Wahlstedt is shit. We’d have fared no worse if we’d played an outfield player in goals. Can’t recall him using his hands once, and an outfield player would pass better. They’d also probably not jump under the only shot he faced.

The three centre backs was just a case of strength in numbers today, all three looked absolute donkeys. And Hyam can piss off telling the fans to calm down and gesturing that we still had time… he was wrong as we didn’t touch the ball again after that. Only time he opened his mouth all game. Gallagher was absolutely horrendous today, and Buckley’s brief glimpse on his return to the side appears to have been exactly that.

Despite my discussion with Chaddy the other day I actually thought Brittain was our best player in a terrible first half, presume he picked up a knock? Second half Chrisene tried, and Sigurdsson quickly made amends for an awful ball and actually put himself about a bit. But aside from that and Szmodics, very little to be positive about. Credit to Ayari for actually taking a shot, but he loses it again for his part in that fiasco of a corner.

We’ve been left with an unbalanced ragtag squad that is physically slow and weak, and pathetically mentally soft. The players are all still in victim mode, and nobody is willing to show the slightest bit of bravery in their play. The only thing that will give us the slightest chance of staying up this season is if Rankin-Costello is back for the weekend and manages to stay fit for every remaining game.

• Like 8

It was like JDT never left, pointless possession based football full of 6 yard backwards and sideways passes. Total borefest and you just knew Millwall would score with their only shot on goal.

The loss of Adam Wharton is massive there is nobody who can get their foot on the ball and make a forward pass through the lines.

It’s going to be a grim last 10 games and relegation seems inevitable at this point as we draw our way to the finish line.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Pears was awful for both the goals on Saturday. He's not the messiah. 

He’s not, but he is clearly the best that Saint Gregg has left us with.

2 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

I don’t understand how Buckley can put in a performance like Newcastle and then next time at Ewood turn in this dross. Baffling 

I'd respectfully disagree. Motm for me in a poor bunch of candidates admittedly.

Anything progressive came through him. The number of times he bravely drove forward then looked up to find no passing option was dispiriting. This meany he had to carry it further than he wanted with the risk of dispossession increasing. I felt sorry for him, badly let down by most around him.

We'd be even more direly ineffective without him with this hollowed out squad.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, johnradfordsubbuteo2 said:

I'd respectfully disagree. Motm for me in a poor bunch of candidates admittedly.

Anything progressive came through him. The number of times he bravely drove forward then looked up to find no passing option was dispiriting. This meany he had to carry it further than he wanted with the risk of dispossession increasing. I felt sorry for him, badly let down by most around him.

We'd be even more direly ineffective without him with this hollowed out squad.

Not a Buckley fan but would agree with you.

He was the only one who looked like a footballer tonight.

As I said when appointed, Eustace is a step down from JDT.

We were bad under JDT, but at least under him we drew with Rotherham, if we played them tomorrow at Ewood I've no doubt we'd get beat, we're the worst team in the division right now.

39 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

More walking football. Nobody is actually running on to the ball . We play in front of teams all the time and never get in up the sides. We play standing still stuff in little bunches, sooner or later we balls it up. it so easy for an opponent to nip in and steal the ball.

Great goal from Sammi, the goal of a man in top goal scoring form. No hesitation - bang - far corner. The lad is priceless.

I’ll have more to say tomorrow.

I watched Ipswich later. It was like they were playing another sport. Pace, high tempo, never say die attitude. Chalk and cheese.

They are everything we should have been after lge 1 promotion but we had a set of dollopers running the show who were actually getting backed with cash but choosing to tell the owners woa slow down.

Never forgive them for that they really weren't the heroes they were made out to be and the biggest tit of the lot is still riding the gravy train.

• Like 3