BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

10 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Piss poor season and glad to see the back of it.The football is appalling,worst Rovers side in many a year.

We are set to limp to safety.Hurrahhh!

It’s been a shocker and I’ve seen my share of bad seasons. This is up there with the worst.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Wonder what the bookies have us down as?

Weirdly I could see our odds of going down as shorter than I see the odds of those 4 games going in specific ways next week 

I would think around 20/1

7 minutes ago, booth said:

Whatever happens, anyone who took any part in assembling this squad should be thoroughly ashamed.

The blame lies squarely at the feet of the owners.

This squad cost a tuppence and a button to assemble - and the tuppence was spent 4+ years ago on Gallagher. 

• Like 1

When we only took 2 points from the games against Swansea (A), Millwall and Plymouth (both H), I would have snapped your hand off to be in our position going into the final day. 

Odds very much in our favour. It would be a huge shock if we went down from this position.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, yankfan said:

The 2 most likely to happen I fear 

Sheff Wed nailed on to win at Sunferland. Plymouth decent at home against a Hull team that by that time will likely be out of playoff contention. Brum at home to a Norwich likely already in the playoffs and with a manager with a history of playing ridiculously weak lineups in that situation. Leicester won't be sufficiently hungover to be held to a draw. Sadly that's the most likely outcome whatever the number of permutations. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, booth said:

Whatever happens, anyone who took any part in assembling this squad should be thoroughly ashamed.

Personally, I thought they were fun to watch until the wheels fell off in December.   There wasn’t enough squad depth to manage the injuries.   Then Travis left for Ipswich and Adam Wharton was sold.   The squad as assembled in the fall was competitive but lacked depth.    With one of the lowest payrolls in the league, it was never going to be a very athletic team.  

9 minutes ago, bboy said:

We'd be a lot safer now had we lost 1-,0 to Bristol city 

Agree, can't shake the bad feeling about this one. Also the way it has turned out, we would be better off in terms of safety if we had lost to Leeds but beat Sheff Wed.

I think we are now in Plymouth's hands and hoping they don't beat Hull final day. That's our best chance of survival. Hull a tricky side to beat but Plymouth unpredictable at home.

I think it is a banker that Wednesday finish the job off and get something against a rudderless on the beach Sunderland, after comprehensively dealing with us and WBA.

I think it is highly likely we lose at Leicester, and I'd bet on Birmingham getting past Norwich at home.

Really couldn't have asked for better circumstances today. At home, against a side with nothing to play for, knackered after a big week and playing with 10 men for over 30 minutes. Couldn't manage it.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 3

If Hull fail to win tonight then I can see Plymouth beating them for sure, and as a result Norwich with a playoff place confirmed will field a weakened team against Birmingham. Sheffield Wednesday you can expect to go to Sunderland and win given Sunderland have been on the beach for weeks now. Has it ever happened before were a team that hasn't been in the bottom 3 all season goes down on the final day? Would certainly be a very Blackburn Rovers thing to do.

Given who we are playing on the final day we are sadly looking purely at 3 other result rather than our own. A grim end to an awful season.

3 minutes ago, Blue and White Blues said:

Personally, I thought they were fun to watch until the wheels fell off in December.   There wasn’t enough squad depth to manage the injuries.   Then Travis left for Ipswich and Adam Wharton was sold.   The squad as assembled in the fall was competitive but lacked depth.    With one of the lowest payrolls in the league, it was never going to be a very athletic team.  

That's a fair summary. The striker situation is diabolical after so many blank transfer windows. So no surprise many blank score sheets. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think we are now in Plymouth's hands and hoping they don't beat Hull final day. That's our best chance of survival. Hull a tricky side to beat but Plymouth unpredictable at home.

I think it is a banker that Wednesday finish the job off and get something against a rudderless on the beach Sunderland, after comprehensively dealing with us and WBA.

I think it is highly likely we lose at Leicester, and I'd bet on Birmingham getting past Norwich at home.

Really couldn't have asked for better circumstances today. At home, against a side with nothing to play for, knackered after a big week and playing with 10 men for over 30 minutes. Couldn't manage it.

Birmingham have just failed to beat the only two teams below them.

The potential for a weakened Norwich team aside, why do you think this is likely to happen?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

If Hull fail to win tonight then I can see Plymouth beating them for sure, and as a result Norwich with a playoff place confirmed will field a weakened team against Birmingham. Sheffield Wednesday you can expect to go to Sunderland and win given Sunderland have been on the beach for weeks now. Has it ever happened before were a team that hasn't been in the bottom 3 all season goes down on the final day? Would certainly be a very Blackburn Rovers thing to do.

Given who we are playing on the final day we are sadly looking purely at 3 other result rather than our own. A grim end to an awful season.

Blackpool got relegated years ago after being out of the drop zone for all but the last ten minutes of the season.

• Like 2

A suitably frustrating way to end a dismal season at home this season.

Eustace is not the man to take us forward. To get sent off in such a crucial game and then be suspended for the final day is pathetic. As is a refusal to move from 5 at the back against 10 men. He has not won a single home game since he joined. Sadly he will no doubt see out his contract at this dysfunctional club.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, alcd said:

Sheff Wed nailed on to win at Sunferland. Plymouth decent at home against a Hull team that by that time will likely be out of playoff contention. Brum at home to a Norwich likely already in the playoffs and with a manager with a history of playing ridiculously weak lineups in that situation. Leicester won't be sufficiently hungover to be held to a draw. Sadly that's the most likely outcome whatever the number of permutations. 

Agreed, seems the most likely outcome to me

2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Birmingham have just failed to beat the only two teams below them.

The potential for a weakened Norwich team aside, why do you think this is likely to happen?

A combination of their recent home form being solid, having Rowett in the dugout, and that they know they need to win. They'll treat it as a cup final, their ground will be full and they've done this sort of thing more than one before on the final game of the season.

One thing about today I noted was the poor game management after the red. From 60-65 they were on the ropes somewhat and the crowd was up - another quarter of an hour of that and even we would have scored.

However we allowed them to slow it down, committed a few sloppy fouls and suddenly 85 mins were on the clock and we were pleading the ball to go in instead of insisting it did.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A combination of their recent home form being solid, having Rowett in the dugout, and that they know they need to win. They'll treat it as a cup final, their ground will be full and they've done this sort of thing more than one before on the final game of the season.

I think the result of this one hinges on the result of Hull’s match tonight.