BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

• Backroom

Surely another factor is Leicester still being pissed after celebrating the title at a big party at Vardy's House.

We still wouldn't beat them, but an exhibition draw is within our capabilities. 

Another reason we could do with a Hull win tonight. 

Never been so interested in another Championship game before. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A combination of their recent home form being solid, having Rowett in the dugout, and that they know they need to win. They'll treat it as a cup final, their ground will be full and they've done this sort of thing more than one before on the final game of the season.

Norwich will play full strength. They will want to finish 5th so they get imploding Southampton in the playoffs.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lraC said:

I would think around 20/1

I've just got 28/1 betting on all the outcomes of games that could affect us. Just one needs to fail and I'm £20 lighter but we stay up. I hope I'm £20 lighter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

I've just got 28/1 betting on all the outcomes of games that could affect us. Just one needs to fail and I'm £20 lighter but we stay up. I hope I'm £20 lighter.

What combination did you use?

Much better performance from us and we had more than enough chances to win the game whether its was Gallagher, Dolan or Szmodics with them. Ayari impressed off the bench and went close twice.

We lack a quality goalscoring striker and we have since Armstrong left. 

McFadzean and Hyam good at the back. 

Wish we would have brought Chrisene much sooner. 

Its in our hands next Saturday and Rovers never do it the easier way like winning the PL in 94./95 season 

Take the point and move on, we are one step closer to somehow surviving in this division despite our own best efforts.

We're also one step closer to seeing the back of this shi*tshow of a season.

I will literally take a flight over from Ireland to pack up Gallagher's locker at Brockhall to see him out the door as quick as possible. I was always in the hope that once he became the main man following Armstrong and Brereton leaving he would show some promise but he is actually a total joke of a forward. I've never seen any frontman with as little attacking common sense as that lad.

If I can assist in getting Dolan, Pears, Hyam and Wahlstedt out the door aswell then I'd consider it a bonus. I'll pick up a gate on my way over it might provide more cover than Pears between the nets

• Like 1

I get that McFadzean has a strong connection to Coventry but serenading their fans at the end off the back of a disappointing result that still leaves us in peril was a bit much.

Played well today although as bad as anyone at just lumping it in the air.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cherry Blue said:

He was pushed yet Palmer only got a yellow. That situation doesn't deserve a red.

I thought the same and so did the match commentator. A yellow would have been enough.

Maybe that resulted in the following red card for a foul on Gallagher that was not a clearing scoring chance and Cov also had other defenders back.

• Like 2

I think we had as many shots today than we have had in any other game this season and not scoring from one is the real disappointment for me but I wasn't unhappy with our play in general. There was an immeasurable amount more effort and intensity that last Sunday and some decent play. In fact today reminded me of a few games early on this season under Tomasson when we battered teams but couldn't score. You'd have put your mortgage on Szmodics scoring in the first half as most of his goals have come from more difficult chances. In the first half we looked a threat from corners but that threat waned in the second half as they were poor. I really thought we could have got one from a set piece today. Is the point enough? Who knows as next Saturday will see lots of fans nervously looking at their phones and watching how the table changes with every goal. I still think Eustace left us light in midfield again today as Rankin-Costello and Tronstad worked manfully but the effort required when the opposition have an extra man in there took its toll on JRC and Tronstad looked weary after an hour. I think everybody knows we need wholesale changes in the playing person next season if we stay up. The real fear for many is that it just won't happen.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

He was pushed yet Palmer only got a yellow. That situation doesn't deserve a red.

If it's a red because you can't manhandle then fair enough, but seems stupid the same rules don't apply to the players. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Eustace is not the man to take us forward. To get sent off in such a crucial game and then be suspended for the final day is pathetic. As is a refusal to move from 5 at the back against 10 men. He has not won a single home game since he joined. Sadly he will no doubt see out his contract at this dysfunctional club.

sent off for trying to get the ball back into whilst Palmer obstructed him and kept the ball. Good on Eustace for that. no surprised you slammed him for that. 

why isn't Eustace the man to take us forward?

why would he go to back 4 and leave their 2 strikers vs our 2 centre defenders? 

we created more than another chances to win the game

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think staying with 5 defenders against 10 men who are tired after a long week and not playing for anything when a win has us safe tells you everything you need to know. And thats before you consider that he pathetically got sent off. 

we had 30 shots, we played attacking today, we didn't settled for a point. 

so please can you tell what you would have done different from Eustace to get us to win the game and what formation would you change to or tactical then? 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

sent off for trying to get the ball back into whilst Palmer obstructed him and kept the ball. Good on Eustace for that. no surprised you slammed him for that. 

why isn't Eustace the man to take us forward?

why would he go to back 4 and leave their 2 strikers vs our 2 centre defenders? 

we created more than another chances to win the game

we had 30 shots, we played attacking today, we didn't settled for a point. 

so please can you tell what you would have done different from Eustace to get us to win the game and what formation would you change to or tactical then? 

Well we now know what the line up will be next Saturday.