BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

49 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You extend Dolan's contract because a) it'll be very cheap (his own fault for holding out) and b) we need warm bodies.

Gallagher should be shown the door though. Sadly they won't let us spend his wages on other players - they showed that when Ayala, Dack and BBD left and weren't replaced.

The club is being dumbed down to reduce the losses. Probably won't stop cutting until we're in the National League. 

• Like 7

Just now, roversfan99 said:

When JRC played under Tomasson it was clear he had instructions on how to play and he followed them and thrived.

Eustace doesnt seem to have any plan on how to attack and JRC is new to the midfield position which he might prefer but he is not as good in at this moment. He looks like he has gone from a player who knows exactly what he needs to do to one who has no clear instruction from a clueless manager.

JRC said it himself - he was the overload option in CM when he started at RB. It gave him loads of room because LM/LW rarely had the discipline to follow him when he drifted inside.

Obviously the downside of that is when we lost the ball we were wide open down the flanks. 

• Like 1

Norwich won't put the reserves out against Birmingham next week now after the Hull result tonight. They are still not guaranteed a play off spot, an 8 goal swing in Hull's favour and they would miss out.

Yes, very improbable but you do not take any risk putting out the reserves and getting smashed by Birmingham, who did beat Cov 3-0 recently, knowing that Hull score a hatful of goals and are up against a poor team in Plymouth.

I think the result tonight probably sends Birmingham down.

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

Thought we did ok today but just had no luck in the box with lots of missed/blocked chances. Its largely down to a lack of attacking quality as we have mentioned loads of times, the final ball or finish poor most the time.

Just feel flat and have done for a while, want the season declared safe and over but rovers just keep prolonging the agony. Its slim that all the results go against us next week but would be just our luck it happens.

The result against Bristol City will have done for us if we go down. We had a comfortable cushion till that happened.

Sqeaky-bum time now. (Apologies Ossy Dave---just seen your post above).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, superniko said:

We had a very short period where we had a manager who would question the status quo. Publicly call out false promises and try to hold those responsible to account. 

Those on the gravy train (almost everyone high up at Rovers), are obviously delighted with the current predicament of yes man with no talent, skill, CV, evidence of success, evidence of decent football, evidence of wanting to know our town, region or club churning away shit performances along as it keeps all those guys out the limelight. 

Of course Waggott prefers this than JDT mocking his lies about our coach. Of course the shadow man prefers this to JDT saying budgets have been cut and he was fed lies etc. 

Just all topping up their pensions with no shits given to Rovers. 
When we beat Leeds Eustsces celebrations were straight to the box being him (lots of managers do that). If anyone cared for the club they’d be to fans / players / staff not to your boss. 

Waggott has failed across all platforms this season except player sales. There is no passion left in the Blackburn Board room with no one to fight what's best for the club. Sadly we all love a club where mistakes are accepted and not learned from 

• Like 6

That was a long day. 

Not sure it's worth the pain !! 

So frustrating!! 

Such an opportunity to just retain our championship status. Can't believe our beloved rovers current state of affairs means we are keen for such low expectations of Championship survival. Such a shame.

• Like 1

Why did Eustace get a massive round of applause after getting sent off after being involved in something he didnt need to meaning that he forfeited being on the touchline as manager for the 1 and a half games that will determine our survival?

I always find it strange when players get a round of applause too when sent off leaving us in the lurch.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

That was a long day. 

Not sure it's worth the pain !! 

So frustrating!! 

Such an opportunity to just retain our championship status. Can't believe our beloved rovers current state of affairs means we are keen for such low expectations of Championship survival. Such a shame.

Just got home, too, and similar feelings. A few positive things to cling to from today. But not many. Also, the state of our Ewood Park home. Totally neglected. It is a moss-coated shadow of what it should be, and what Jack built for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Says a lot about the direction of the club and what has happened in the last 6 months that weve gone from 7th to being happy about other results because teams might try harder against teams in order to keep us up.

Best player sold, captain loaned out, no funds from the owners and an ambitious manager quitting and replaced by one that seems out of his depth. Thanks Venkys.

Fully agree. One thing these rancid owners are good at is rapidly transforming something good into something terrible. 

A year ago the play-offs within grasp yet THEIR ownership has reduced us to a side still working out the permutations to avoid League One (again).

Horrible people, the worst owners in football and employing spivs and liars.

• Like 7

Looking at our assists leaders:

Moran, 9; Brittain, 7; Gally, 6. (Believe it or not, but true!)

I believe our starting 11 should remain the same, with the exception of Moran. We might lose a bit defensively, but there have to be better ways to get Sammie the ball. 

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why did Eustace get a massive round of applause after getting sent off after being involved in something he didnt need to meaning that he forfeited being on the touchline as manager for the 1 and a half games that will determine our survival?

I always find it strange when players get a round of applause too when sent off leaving us in the lurch.

I wouldn't have applauded him but Eustace's red card was a) harsh and b) (and perhaps of more relevance in this instance) due to genuinely trying to help the team. 

When someone is sent off for something stupid (Brittain second yellow at Saints springs to mind, Duffy/Bothroyd) I'd be surprised if anyone applauded. But a player who has genuinely tried for the team and is sent off in the act of trying to do something for the team? I can see why they still get applause. Lee Williamson wasn't at fault for being left one v one, wasn't over the top in his actions and saved a near certain goal with a particular rugby tackle. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hasta said:

The problem is Chaddy your ‘viewpoints’ constantly are things like “the manager is good”, “the recruitment has been good”, “the tactics are good”, “I think we will finish close to top 6.”

And yet here we are going into the last day hoping to stave off relegation. 

The thing is if we played poorly or awful I will say that on here as I have done like Bristol City away or QPR at home(JDT last game which Sinclair Armstrong could have had 5 goals that game)

The recruitment has been mixed as I said yesterday and on previously posted before yesterday. Rovers need to 

10 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

...And our Manager and Team still couldnt find a way to beat them!

We needed to put our chances away yesterday. We created enough. We have lacked a quality goalscoring 9 striker for the past 3 season. Rovers must make signings in this area in the summer.(I will do a recruitment plan in the transfer thread when we are safe)

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

so what player changes would you make? would you gone 4-2-3-1 formation wise or something else? 

Can you lose a centre back when Coventry was still play 2 up front? 

any chance of an answer to this question which you seem to want to avoid answering for some reason @roversfan99

I would have put Telalovic on with 10/15 mins to go and got the ball into the box more with front 2 and Szmodics just behind in 3-4-1-2 formation. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

(I will do a recruitment plan in the transfer thread when we are safe)

Can’t believe that Joe fella who used to post on here got a job in football and you still haven’t!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

any chance of an answer to this question which you seem to want to avoid answering for some reason @roversfan99

I would have put Telalovic on with 10/15 mins to go and got the ball into the box more with front 2 and Szmodics just behind in 3-4-1-2 formation. 

You ask @roversfan99 this like it’s a difficult question when it is obvious.

They had two up front only because we kept 5 at the back. If we had put an extra midfielder or attacker on they would have had to have withdrawn one of their attackers because they would have been overrun in midfield. Ayari, Moran or Markanday should have been on within 5 minutes of the red card.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Can’t believe that Joe fella who used to post on here got a job in football and you still haven’t!

You mean Joe Harvey who works for Barrow? 

Unless I was working for Rovers I wouldn't want to work in football. Also I want to watch Rovers every game so hard to full time employed Scout. Plus all the retraining I.would have whilst working and paying my bills. So thanks but no thanks. Waggott's job? Yes no problem 

7 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It's not 3 wins, never was, never will be.

Trump style gaslighting.

There are about 2 people in the known universe who think it's 3, and one of them is Eustace.

I'm not even sure Eustace thinks its 3 to be fair. Unless as times gone on he's decided to include it, but he didn't initially include the Stoke result as his