BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

We were on a one way ticket to relegation when he took over,(cue cries of blasphemy from JDT disciples).

Because it’s simply an unknown. I’m fairly sure the return of Hedges, Hyam, JRC, Gallagher, Pears and Dolan might have given JDT a bit of a chance to stop the slide. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Won the stoke game ..my arse

30 shots .. my arse

Defending no striker.. my arse

got out of wrong side of Bed Abbey, like I said yesterday Abbey. If you disagree with my opinion, I fine with that and I don't care tbh. Move on. 

2 hours ago, Gamst said:

Slightly positive opinion incoming. We will survive next week and we will be grateful for the scrappy home points we’ve scraped together against Norwich, Southampton, Plymouth, Millwall and Coventry. It’s not been great and there have been some catastrophic performances along the way but we have amassed 50 points which is more than enough in most years and it will take a fairly unlikely (not very unlikely I accept) set of results to see us relegated next week. Eustace rightly won’t get a lot of credit, but he’s not been Eusless as the squad he inherited was completely bereft of confidence and ability. Yes you should beat a tired Coventry side down to 10 men, but they have good players and regularly score late and perform against the odds. Losing would have made next week significantly more perilous. 

If we survive then what we should be most grateful for is the outstanding work done by JDT in the first 4 months of the season because we have seen in the last 5 months just how much he overachieved with this group of players.  And without those 4 months we would be no way near 50 points.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Because it’s simply an unknown. I’m fairly sure the return of Hedges, Hyam, JRC, Gallagher, Pears and Dolan might have given JDT a bit of a chance to stop the slide. 

JDT’s last 15 games = 14 points

JE’s 15 games = 14 points

At the moment it would appear Johnson is keeping us up (behave!!)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

JDT’s last 15 games = 14 points

JE’s 15 games = 14 points

At the moment it would appear Johnson is keeping us up (behave!!)

Swapped one poorly performing manager for another. 

It's plain to see that Eustace hasn't been able to organise and motivate this side. Huge contrast to other new managers in this league (QPR being an example).

That said, I wouldn't be bothered if none of this team were around next season, bar Sammie they have shown minimal determination to get us out of the position we're in. Eustace is only shooting himself in the foot by defending the dire performances.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, martonrover said:

It’s black and white as far as I’m concerned.
If we stay up, Eustace has done his job for this season, and if we go down he’s failed.

We were on a one way ticket to relegation when he took over,(cue cries of blasphemy from JDT disciples).

We had a 7 point buffer when he came in.(I think)

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Teams like Sheff Wed had done nothing at that point. They’d hardly won a game. They’ve picked up a lot since then.

There were plenty of teams between us too. Although the gap we had on Wednesday was considerable has now been wiped. Partly down to them picking up, partly down to us picking up less than a point a game since.

Edited by roversfan99

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Hardly a convincing argument in a few cases there, and yes, it’s just my opinion. Look at the number and the manner of defeats in the period before JDT left. 
Also, Eustace hasn’t had the luxury of having Adam Wharton at his disposal.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

We had a 7 point buffer when he came in.(I think)

As above, we were dropping like a stone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, martonrover said:

As above, we were dropping like a stone.

And we've continued dropping under Eustace. It is only because of the overperformances that JDT got out of the players early in the season that we aren't already dead and buried. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

And we've continued dropping under Eustace. It is only because of the overperformances that JDT got out of the players early in the season that we aren't already dead and buried. 

We sold our best player !

It seldom works well !

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Funny how no-one used to say that when we went on a ‘Mowbray death spiral”, the back end of last season being another good example.
The head coach, whoever that maybe, obviously isn’t the main problem. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Funny how no-one used to say that when we went on a ‘Mowbray death spiral”, the back end of last season being another good example.
The head coach, whoever that maybe, obviously isn’t the main problem. 

Perhaps because Mowbray had superior squads (and underachieved) and he was backed much more significantly in the market. Just look at what Mowbray brought in in his final season when we were around the top and what JDT got last season.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Hedges ? How long did he return for -20 minutes ?

Surprisingly (I have to admit), he played 9 games (starting 8 of them) after JDT left, including the Stoke and the Sunderland wins. 
More than I thought.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

got out of wrong side of Bed Abbey, like I said yesterday Abbey. If you disagree with my opinion, I fine with that and I don't care tbh. Move on. 

Got out of wrong side of bed wtf chaddy????

No i ain't.....  just sick of this prick manager . Worse than Jim Iley . 

Leaving 5 defenders on when losing last week , 5 defenders when we WOULD be safe  , leaving a striker on the bench , 7 points clear when he took over , 13 points above weds, smiling in a presser after such a huge loss, no wins at home ( bollox he won at home) , happy clappers clapping piss poor shite..

No I didn't get outta fucking bed the wrong way , I'm sick of this dumbing down mediocre bollox .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Also, Eustace hasn’t had the luxury of having Adam Wharton at his disposal

He’d have probably dropped him for another centre back anyway.

25 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Got out of wrong side of bed wtf chaddy????

No i ain't.....  just sick of this prick manager . Worse than Jim Iley . 

Leaving 5 defenders on when losing last week , 5 defenders when we WOULD be safe  , leaving a striker on the bench , 7 points clear when he took over , 13 points above weds, smiling in a presser after such a huge loss, no wins at home ( bollox he won at home) , happy clappers clapping piss poor shite..

No I didn't get outta fucking bed the wrong way , I'm sick of this dumbing down mediocre bollox .

ok Abbey, each to their own opinions. we don't agree and won't. Best to leave it there

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Perhaps because Mowbray had superior squads (and underachieved) and he was backed much more significantly in the market. Just look at what Mowbray brought in in his final season when we were around the top and what JDT got last season.

Yes, perhaps, and Mowbray well over-stayed his welcome, but I do think JDT’s overall performance has been elevated to well beyond reality by some.

The horrible losing streaks, (for example when the pressure was on at the business end of last season), are clearly a Venkys trait, rather than a managerial one.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Yes, perhaps, and Mowbray well over-stayed his welcome, but I do think JDT’s overall performance has been elevated to well beyond reality by some.

The horrible losing streaks, (for example when the pressure was on at the business end of last season), are clearly a Venkys trait, rather than a managerial one.

It’s not elevated beyond reality. JDT had very good spells, ok spells and very bad spells. However for the first time since 2012 I think some of us actually thought we had a genuine chance of promotion last season under him, that was until the transfer window was fucked up and the results wilted under pressure at the end.

This season started quite well but we now know JDT had had enough and didn’t want to be here, and his stubbornness was affecting results and morale. 

Eustace however has shown nothing other than negativity, culminating in a points return equaling JDT’s worst ever spell (with the previous mentioned injuries) and hasn’t won a single home game, scoring just 4 in 7 games at Ewood.  That’s just piss poor.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

It’s not elevated beyond reality. He had very good spells, ok spells and very bad spells. However for the first time since 2012 I think some of us actually thought we had a genuine chance of promotion last season under JDT, until the transfer window was fucked up and the results wilted under pressure at the end.

This season started quite well but we now know JDT had enough and didn’t want to be here, and his stubbornness was affecting results and morale. 

Eustace however has shown nothing other than negativity, culminating in a points return equaling JDT’s worst ever spell (with the previous mentioned injuries) and hasn’t won a single home game, scoring just 4 in 7 games at Ewood.  That’s just piss poor.

That is a fair and balanced assessment re - JDT , and not the sort I was alluding to.

Eustace? He’s hardly set the World on fire, but if he keeps us up he’s done his job.

I’m unmoved in my opinion that we looked like relegation on a stick towards the end of JDT’s reign.

Since then we’ve been a tough watch, but if we scratch out enough points, that will do.

Then we can all fret about the Summer Window.

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 2