BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

You ask @roversfan99 this like it’s a difficult question when it is obvious.

Well why doesn't give us his plan when asked more than once for it last night if it's so obvious? 

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

They had two up front only because we kept 5 at the back. If we had put an extra midfielder or attacker on they would have had to have withdrawn one of their attackers because they would have been overrun in midfield. Ayari, Moran or Markanday should have been on within 5 minutes of the red card.

Or they kept 2 up front cos They had nothing on the game. 

Ayari came on straight after the red card. 

I would brought Chrisene on early.

10 minutes ago, Hasta said:

They had two up front only because we kept 5 at the back. If we had put an extra midfielder or attacker on they would have had to have withdrawn one of their attackers because they would have been overrun in midfield. Ayari, Moran or Markanday should have been on within 5 minutes of the red card.

Controlling midfield has always given teams the best chance of winning the game. It doesn't always work, but it does give you the best chance.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Turns out our planning for food is still as good as ever. We’d run out of pies, the pie mash and gravy trays and hot dogs before half time yesterday.

You’d have thought the club would know what the attendance was, ahead of kick off, yesterday….

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

Comes down to who will have both the bottle and the desire.

I am less optimistic than most of the postings on here post match.

My thoughts:

• Brum - they'll kick Norwich off the park to get a result, Brum win
  • Plymouth - who gave them a chance against Leicester?  Hull might have nowt to play for and even if they do, fancy Argyle to get their win
  • Owls - they've shown they have plenty of bottle and desire, can't see then failing to get a point at Sunderland who we hammered  5-1 not too long ago
  • Rovers - Leicester will want to put on a show, think we will be lucky to lose by no more than 3 goals

My huge fear is we hit the bottom three on goal difference for the first time on the last day of the season when it will be all too late to do anything about it.

Sad, depressing and all too worrying times.

Chuck me in the less optimistic camp. People on twitter saying we are basically safe, madness. 

I can easily see us going down.

It's a one off game for Plymouth and Brum. They'll throw everything at the opposition.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I meant for a centre half. Not like for like with JRC. 

Personally I'd have put JRC to right back and a centre half off and brought Ayari and Telavoic on. There was no need for 5 at the back and with Coventry not looking like getting out their half there was an argument that there was no need for 4 at the back.

Of course it was negative

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Chuck me in the less optimistic camp. People on twitter saying we are basically safe, madness. 

I can easily see us going down.

It's a one off game for Plymouth and Brum. They'll throw everything at the opposition.

But everything, might not be good enough, both have to win, draws not enough.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I meant for a centre half. Not like for like with JRC. 

not what I would have done myself given that Coventry kept 2 strikers on. 

I thought JRC was done and we need someone like Ayari who moves the ball quickly and can travel with the ball. 

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

But everything, might not be good enough, both have to win, draws not enough.

All we can do is hope for a repeat of the lasttime Argyle played a final game in this division at Home Park. The away team winning to make the play offs. I wonder which team did that?

8 hours ago, Devon Rover said:

Just got home, too, and similar feelings. A few positive things to cling to from today. But not many. Also, the state of our Ewood Park home. Totally neglected. It is a moss-coated shadow of what it should be, and what Jack built for us.

Agreed it's really sad. No one is held to account over this which is really sad

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

Fully agree. One thing these rancid owners are good at is rapidly transforming something good into something terrible. 

A year ago the play-offs within grasp yet THEIR ownership has reduced us to a side still working out the permutations to avoid League One (again).

Horrible people, the worst owners in football and employing spivs and liars.

All the money in the sport industry how come there isn't regulation from external agencies?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

any chance of an answer to this question which you seem to want to avoid answering for some reason @roversfan99

I would have put Telalovic on with 10/15 mins to go and got the ball into the box more with front 2 and Szmodics just behind in 3-4-1-2 formation. 

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

I have answered, but like you say Hasta. I would have gone personally for Ayari for a CB, McFadzean off as we could then play further up. JRC out wide. Failing that, I know they arent the best options but Moran/Markanday for McFadzean.

Not Telalovic.

• Like 1

In Eustace's last 4 home games, we have 1 goal. And in the 3 prior we got 1 in each, so 4 in 7. Its a very shoddy record and it was little surprise that he had the lack of ambition or competence to oversee us scoring even against 10 men.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

In Eustace's last 4 home games, we have 1 goal. And in the 3 prior we got 1 in each, so 4 in 7. Its a very shoddy record and it was little surprise that he had the lack of ambition or competence to oversee us scoring even against 10 men.

The problem is that we do not have players capable of scoring (Sammie aside). The only player shooting yesterday was Ayari, everyone else prefers to pass sideways. Even when we were completely on top yesterday I never thought we would nick a goal. I don't doubt that JE had the ambition to score, he simply does not have  the ammunition. If we survive this season, the owners will not sanction the signing of any experienced forwards. We'll be relying on Vale and Leonard next season, neither of whom are the next Simon Garner. After 60 years of supporting my club, I despair for the future under these incompetent fools. They are the worst owners in football, aided and abetted by the charlatans SW and Suhail.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why did Eustace get a massive round of applause after getting sent off after being involved in something he didnt need to meaning that he forfeited being on the touchline as manager for the 1 and a half games that will determine our survival?

I always find it strange when players get a round of applause too when sent off leaving us in the lurch.

Not from me ... I was yelling , you stupid brummy  useless cnut

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

any chance of an answer to this question which you seem to want to avoid answering for some reason @roversfan99

I would have put Telalovic on with 10/15 mins to go and got the ball into the box more with front 2 and Szmodics just behind in 3-4-1-2 formation. 

Question for you chaddy..

You say you can't play 2 cbs against 2 strikers, pray tell how many cbs played when we won the league against 2 strikers every week. 

Why should we play to what they was playing , we was at home and WE should be dictating things . 

Noone on the halfway line against 10 get someone on the line and take 2 of their 10 out the box . 

Stop defending a winless home record under useless.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well why doesn't give us his plan when asked more than once for it last night if it's so obvious? 

Or they kept 2 up front cos They had nothing on the game. 

Ayari came on straight after the red card. 

I would brought Chrisene on early.

Go on why with 10 men would you bring a defender on in a game we needed to win to be safe . Why not a striker ?

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Turns out our planning for food is still as good as ever. We’d run out of pies, the pie mash and gravy trays and hot dogs before half time yesterday.

You’d have thought the club would know what the attendance was, ahead of kick off, yesterday….

Can't believe anyone would pay that much for a pie n smash if I'm honest.

18 minutes ago, pentelrobot said:

The problem is that we do not have players capable of scoring (Sammie aside). The only player shooting yesterday was Ayari, everyone else prefers to pass sideways. Even when we were completely on top yesterday I never thought we would nick a goal. I don't doubt that JE had the ambition to score, he simply does not have  the ammunition. If we survive this season, the owners will not sanction the signing of any experienced forwards. We'll be relying on Vale and Leonard next season, neither of whom are the next Simon Garner. After 60 years of supporting my club, I despair for the future under these incompetent fools. They are the worst owners in football, aided and abetted by the charlatans SW and Suhail.

Agree with most but keeping five at the back tells you Eustace doen't have the ambition to score goals

4 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Agree with most but keeping five at the back tells you Eustace doen't have the ambition to score goals

It's a balancing act - but was it 3 at the back or 5 ? There are possibly things I would personally have done differently - but though not enough, that point could be priceless come next Saturday. We had enough chances to win the match - having 3,4 or 5 at the back doesn't change the fact that we have limited goal scorers across the team.

• Like 3

Slightly positive opinion incoming. We will survive next week and we will be grateful for the scrappy home points we’ve scraped together against Norwich, Southampton, Plymouth, Millwall and Coventry. It’s not been great and there have been some catastrophic performances along the way but we have amassed 50 points which is more than enough in most years and it will take a fairly unlikely (not very unlikely I accept) set of results to see us relegated next week. Eustace rightly won’t get a lot of credit, but he’s not been Eusless as the squad he inherited was completely bereft of confidence and ability. Yes you should beat a tired Coventry side down to 10 men, but they have good players and regularly score late and perform against the odds. Losing would have made next week significantly more perilous. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gamst said:

Slightly positive opinion incoming. We will survive next week and we will be grateful for the scrappy home points we’ve scraped together against Norwich, Southampton, Plymouth, Millwall and Coventry. It’s not been great and there have been some catastrophic performances along the way but we have amassed 50 points which is more than enough in most years and it will take a fairly unlikely (not very unlikely I accept) set of results to see us relegated next week. Eustace rightly won’t get a lot of credit, but he’s not been Eusless as the squad he inherited was completely bereft of confidence and ability. Yes you should beat a tired Coventry side down to 10 men, but they have good players and regularly score late and perform against the odds. Losing would have made next week significantly more perilous. 

It’s black and white as far as I’m concerned.
If we stay up, Eustace has done his job for this season, and if we go down he’s failed.

We were on a one way ticket to relegation when he took over,(cue cries of blasphemy from JDT disciples).

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ABBEY said:

Question for you chaddy..

You say you can't play 2 cbs against 2 strikers, pray tell how many cbs played when we won the league against 2 strikers every week. 

I was talking about the game situation and why we didn't want leave us 2 on 2 at the back whilst pushing forward for the win

2 hours ago, ABBEY said:

Why should we play to what they was playing , we was at home and WE should be dictating things . 

Noone on the halfway line against 10 get someone on the line and take 2 of their 10 out the box . 

We did dictated the game Abbey. 30 shots at goal, created some good chances like Szmodics chance first half, Gallagher header second half, Gallagher last minute effort second half, Dolan hitting the post, 

2 hours ago, ABBEY said:

Stop defending a winless home record under useless.

Won the Stoke game

2 hours ago, ABBEY said:

Go on why with 10 men would you bring a defender on in a game we needed to win to be safe . Why not a striker ?

Chrisene is attacking wing back who has pace and can put a good ball into the box. It wasn't a defensive change but attacking change. 

I said I would have took Dolan off with 10 mins to go for Telalovic and play 2 up front with Szmodics just off in 3-4-1-2 formation. 

Edited by chaddyrovers