BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its not rocket science, against a 10 men with no interest in attacking, you can lose one of the 3 centre backs for a more attacking player.

so what player changes would you make? would you gone 4-2-3-1 formation wise or something else? 

Can you lose a centre back when Coventry was still play 2 up front? 

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

so what player changes would you make? would you gone 4-2-3-1 formation wise or something else? 

They could keep two up front because we kept five at the back.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

If a 10 man team has 2 up front, they by default have less behind than they normally would do. They couldn't do that if we pushed someone up the field.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would stick with today team apart from Ayari in for JRC

down to opinion

I see it has 3 wins in 16 championship with 5 losses and 8 draws. He has seen 5 clean sheets in those games. 

He would like to see what he wants to do with the terms of squad he wants going forward, who he wants to keep and sell and what type of players he wants in the summer. He hasn't had a transfer window. 

So what was your plan to get the 3 points today in the second half? what subs would you made? would you change formation? what your answer? 

3 wins in 16. Say it slowly.

Also I don't see what asking a forum member what they would do achieves, they're not a manager.

9 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I've seen enough to think that JE isn't the man.

He has little ambition, he won't kick up a fuss when there's no money to spend or his better players are sold to keep the lights on, he'll never speak bad of the hierarchy regardless of how he gets shafted and he's happy to be in employment.

He is most definitely the man.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

If a 10 man team has 2 up front, they by default have less behind than they normally would do. They couldn't do that if we pushed someone up the field.

Exactly.

@chaddyroversis just being a bit giddy cos we didn’t get beaten. However there are little statistics to be positive about regarding Eustace.

We could have started without Gallagher and with Ayari in midfield and JRC wider. We could have switched from 3 centre halves when they went down to 10 men.

I applaud the effort today. They looked like they knew it was an important game , unlike the week before against Wednesday. It’s just with Sammy slightly misfiring, there is no goals at all in that side.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

eustace the type of manager if you gave him 50 million quid to spend,he`d still play the same way,like a lower league david moyes,boring tactics thus boring football

A pound shop Tony Pulis

13 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

They could keep two up front because we kept five at the back.

They played with 2 strikers up front and did after making subs. Robins wanted to nick something on the break. 

12 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Coventry set up 4-3-2 after the sending off. 

1 minute ago, ABBEY said:

Another coward useless set up , 10 men still 5 at back and another full on WUM of chad

30 shots, played on the front foot, miss good chances. 

Coward set up? 😔 😭

Our wing backs played much higher up and got into good areas. 

9 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

Pears - didn’t chuck one in huzzah. Now clear off

Brittain - taken a real dislike to this fella, not fit to lace Heaton’s or Brannigan’s boots. Eff off.

Carter - the only defender who makes a forward worry what might happen if he traps the ball.

Mcfad - a worthy past it successor to MacNamee, a real captain’s performance.

Hyam - worst captain in our history. Only not a spineless disaster when he has no-one to mark and got his dad beside him to tell him what to do. Get rid.

Pickering - too timid to play wing, too slow to play back. Cheerio.

JRC - I like him as the extra attacking midfielder, not convinced by him being the attacking midfielder. Play him in a 3.

Tronstadt - Automatic pick

Dolan - when he plays 1/2 touch he can be really effective, once the triple salko’s start he’s Sunday league.

Sammy - start carving the statue

Gally - oh, there’s the statue. Sayanora, finally.

Worse than Murphy?

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Coventry set up 4-3-2 after the sending off. 

Okay... which doesn't at all refute my point that behind the forwards they had less players than normal so we could have putting someone more attack minded and pinned them back.

Honestly I don't get what your point is, bot for the first time admittedly.

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

@chaddyroversis just being a bit giddy cos we didn’t get beaten. 

I have zero reasons to be giddy for, yet again struggled to accept different point of views on here. If you don't accept my point of view, just moved on down the page. 

3 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

It’s 2 wins in 15 - don’t fall for Chaddy’s spin.

I don't need spin owt yet again. I explained my thoughts why it 3 wins already so I won't bored the forum again with the reasons 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Well if we do lose against Leicester and Birmingham and Plymouth win their last game we are down. We had a big opportunity today and blew it. 

we kind of blew it when we could`nt take six points off millwall and plymouth at home,we`de be a lot happier now if we had

1 minute ago, RTM08 said:

Okay... which doesn't at all refute my point that behind the forwards they had less players than normal so we could have putting someone more attack minded and pinned them back.

Honestly I don't get what your point is, bot for the first time admittedly.

We did pin them back for most the second half and after them went down to 10 men. 

Coventry didn't need to win and the season is over. Robins didn't need that extra man in midfield cos their season is done and dusted

I dont have a problem with the style because of how it looks either, its all about results. But its just not effective, if we was nicking games and it was a tough watch but we were winning then fine. 

Its not really long ball playing off a striker, Gallagher wouldnt be suited to that but when we launch it, it is often aimless, so often especially against 11 men when we got the ball we just kicked it aimlessly in the air and not to any particular individual. And it isnt counter attacking either, when we win the ball we are so slow and often unclear on what to do next so the attack grinds to a halt.

Set pieces havent improved despite them being an area we had been terrible on, they are just as bad.

Today was a bit of an anomoly in the Eustace era in terms of quantity of shots but not that many were great chances, a lot of our shots were from distance and only really Szmodics had that one from a rebound in the first half that youd consider guilt edged.

2 hours ago, Ianrally said:

I wouldn’t be too sure about odds. What were the odds on us beating Leeds away, Wednesday beating us, and then them beating the Baggies who are fighting to stay in the play off places?

Odds mean nothing. It will be down to who sticks a ball in the net at the end of the day. 

Comes down to who will have both the bottle and the desire.

I am less optimistic than most of the postings on here post match.

My thoughts:

• Brum - they'll kick Norwich off the park to get a result, Brum win
  • Plymouth - who gave them a chance against Leicester?  Hull might have nowt to play for and even if they do, fancy Argyle to get their win
  • Owls - they've shown they have plenty of bottle and desire, can't see then failing to get a point at Sunderland who we hammered  5-1 not too long ago
  • Rovers - Leicester will want to put on a show, think we will be lucky to lose by no more than 3 goals

My huge fear is we hit the bottom three on goal difference for the first time on the last day of the season when it will be all too late to do anything about it.

Sad, depressing and all too worrying times.

• Like 3